Half Price Books & Music (banned related)

124»

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    It beats downloading off soulseek

how?

because I purchased them.

buuuuut then you take them back.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

It's not a metaphor, it's an analogy.

Metaphor = "something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else"

It might also be an analogy but I don't believe that ceases its use as a metaphor either.

The more important point: shit was rather lame, albeit massively entertaining to read.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this dude has to be a gimmick poster

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Naw - I think he's 100% trill.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i doubt it. Just sounds like the run of the mill assclown.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    i doubt it. Just sounds like the run of the mill assclown.

No way. As soon as I read that dating post I knew we were being played. I dub him Maestro.

• I can't believe this was a seven pager. Is there a rule book anywhere we can refer to? Geez!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Hi.

This is great.

That's all.

• whats up with a soulstrut whup ass committee where if you say something dumb, a committee rolls through just to literally kick you in the ass.

Not really rough you up and hurt you, just bruise the pride abit. Like, a kick in the ass. I remember one time in a pickup basketball game back when I was a teenager, this dude did that, he just kicked this dude in the ass who was just talking too much and that was some of the funniest shit i have ever seen.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    soulstrut whup ass committee where if you say something dumb, a committee rolls through just to literally kick you in the ass.

I remember one time in a pickup basketball game back when I was a teenager, this dude did that, he just kicked this dude in the ass who was just talking too much and that was some of the funniest shit i have ever seen.

That's why I come back to soulstrut for the beatings.

- spidey

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

for real. buying turds give you character.

Seriously. You appreciate the good stuff more when come across it. Sell the terds at a record sale or put 'em all in a big eBay lot. You might take a financial loss, but you paid for knowledge, and you'll know to pass by that record next time you see it.

Oh and to touch on the portable issue. I own one and i never bring it to the shop. Takes the fun out of digging IMO.

Yeah, my portable only leaves the house to take to a friend's or to travel with. The rest of the time it stays in the kitchen for cooking/dishwashing listening. Still worth every penny.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I hate cheap motherfuckers.

This is the essence of this post in a nutshell.

Can't stand dudes haggling over a dollar or two. We have customers that will haggle you over every Frickin' thing they want to buy. It's always.. "16.99, is this price right?" or "Can you do any better than this?" or "This record has a scratch, can you make this 2.99 record a dollar?". Its shit like this that made me understand how record store owners turn into crusty old bastards.