fast food breakfast

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I am not at all mad at the BK and McD's breakfast menu.

When I got back home the other morning from Portland I was like "I'm gonna go all out and eat some McDonalds for breakfast" cause I never eat that shit.
    I was thinking what could be better than driving on 2 hours of drunken sleep and eating some greasy hashbrowns and a sausage and egg mcmuffin (I can hear KingMost's little testes run up into his bellybutton from here)?

It was straight crap. I don't think I can enjoy that stuff anymore.

Strictly 1 slice of wholewheat toast with peanut butter and coffee for me plaese.

I'm 25. Does this explain my affinity for things like Mickey D's, Tommy's, Baja Fresh, and Chipotle?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

When I got back home the other morning from Portland I was like "I'm gonna go all out and eat some McDonalds for breakfast" cause I never eat that shit.
    I was thinking what could be better than driving on 2 hours of drunken sleep and eating some greasy hashbrowns and a sausage and egg mcmuffin (I can hear KingMost's little testes run up into his bellybutton from here)?

Strictly 1 slice of wholewheat toast with peanut butter and coffee for me plaese.

I'm 25. Does this explain my affinity for things like Mickey D's, Tommy's, Baja Fresh, and Chipotle?

Huh? I doubt it.
    I'd say my standard of living explains my dislike.

• I am not at all mad at the BK and McD's breakfast menu.

Actually I'm deathly allergic to peanuts so I would much rather have meat from mcdonald's at that point.

sa-shay-shontay

Huh? I doubt it.

Hey man, stop !
    I've seen Porsche's pull up at the Drive-thru!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey Yuichi,

The same age-related transformation in taste occurs with "drank" too. Back when I was in my early 20's, I could down any ole' rot-gut shit to catch a buzz (e.g., Milwaukee's Best, Natural Light, Old Gold, Midnight Dragon, Magnum, Private Stock, Champale). When I turned your age or so, I could only drink good import beers (courtesy of Primo's Deli in Akron, OH, for example; Big up!!!) and grown folks liquor (e.g., Grand Marni, Henn-Rock, Courvosi, Jameson, Remy, etc.). I'm with Day, I can't stand fast-food anymore, except for the rare Whopper jones. Fast-food is disgusting nowadays.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Huh? I doubt it.

Hey man, stop !
    I've seen Porsche's pull up at the Drive-thru!

I just saw a commercial for BK's Italian Sandwich and that shit looked good, but it never tastes as good as you think. I almost never eat fast food these days too so maybe that's why I wasn't feeling it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Hey Yuichi,

The same age-related transformation in taste occurs with "drank" too. Back when I was in my early 20's, I could down any ole' rot-gut shit to catch a buzz (e.g., Milwaukee's Best, Natural Light, Old Gold, Midnight Dragon, Magnum, Private Stock, Champale). When I turned your age or so, I could only good import beers (courtesy of Primo's Deli in Akron, OH, for example; Big up!!!) and grown folks liquor (e.g., Grand Marni, Henn-Rock, Courvosi, Jameson, Remy, etc.). I'm with Day, I can't stand fast-food anymore, except for the rare Whopper jones. Fast-food is disgusting nowadays.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yeah man, I used to love all that, but I just can't get with it anymore. Maybe it is an age/taste thing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    WAR fans

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    WAR fans

I DRINK STARBUCKS TOO

Hey Yuichi,

The same age-related transformation in taste occurs with "drank" too. Back when I was in my early 20's, I could down any ole' rot-gut shit to catch a buzz (e.g., Milwaukee's Best, Natural Light, Old Gold, Midnight Dragon, Magnum, Private Stock, Champale). When I turned your age or so, I could only drink good import beers (courtesy of Primo's Deli in Akron, OH, for example; Big up!!!) and grown folks liquor (e.g., Grand Marni, Henn-Rock, Courvosi, Jameson, Remy, etc.). I'm with Day, I can't stand fast-food anymore, except for the rare Whopper jones. Fast-food is disgusting nowadays.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I hear you. But I am down to spend the next 5 or 10 years indulging (aka pigging out ) on crap like that.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    ugh

i ate that shit this morning after i posted this and man do i regret it. All day ive felt like shit and been burping up mickey d's "facon". I knew it was a bad idea from the jump, but being up at 8am for the first time in months and not eating fast food breakfast in a very long time, clouds the judgment. Gross shit.

Imma get back to eating cereal, smoothies, and whole wheat waffles/pancakes.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    NEVER EVER, EVER EVER EVER EVER:

bk
    ihop
    denny's

RARE GUILTY PLEASURES:

mcd's
    hardees
    perkins

NOT MAD AT ALL:

bojangles
    waffle house
    all my local greazy spoons

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    How can you folks eat this stuff? Additionally:

You don't have to be a Christian to work at Chick-fil-A, but we ask you to base your business on biblical principles because they work

Yuck.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I don't wake up before 1pm so I miss the "window" for the McMuffins....I do hit up Panera and grab a bagel, cream cheese, and green tea....I can get it all day.

I eat Chic Fil-a all the time even if I don't agree with whatever religous propaganda they attempt at spreading....I have taken notice of how over they top they go with the customer service...They never front on the sauce or the smiles.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    How can you folks eat this stuff?
    It's easy to eat greasy when you don't have a kitchen.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

My breakfast kitchen is mostly just high-fiber bread (and sometimes honey). Sometimes wheat bagels and hummus suffice. Works for me.

• fuck a starbucks...i will never ever step foot in that place since they put one at the Frickin' Great Wall of China. That really rubs me the wrong way...for some reason I think that is a lot worse than mowing down a hundred acres of rainforest for some cattle...I know it isnt worse, but for some reason I think selling Vente double mocha latte shits at the great wall of china totally classless and in bad bad taste....where WONT they put one of their douchetard oasis(how the hell do you spell the plural of that word?)?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

My breakfast kitchen is mostly just high-fiber bread (and sometimes honey). Sometimes wheat bagels and hummus suffice. Works for me.

9 times outta 10 I'm cooking some Eggbeaters and some whole grain something at home... as much as I love the Bo it would kill me if I ate it everyday.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    this thread made me hungry

aleit & i just hit the local soul food breakfast joint
    (irene's coutry cookin)

deep soul or reggae mix cds = bigger portions & discount prices

• Don't know if it's a canadian thing, but...

Wake up to sunshine, it's a brand new day. Wake up to breakfast the A&W way. Time is short, you're in demand. Ya gotta a Bacon'n'Egger in your hand.
    Booyah

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    mcdonalds but only on road trips.

taco bell used to have a decent breakfast. that lasted about 6 months.

i dicovered breakfast pizza the other day from some spot in the skyway. tasty but damn if i'm gonna eat it more than once a year.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    every now and then the bacon egg and cheese biscuit hit's the spot. Especially when I'm on the go.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    In Austin, it is all about the breakfast tacos you can get around town. F*ck all of the chain restaurants.

Maria's Taco Express
    Taco Deli
    Torchy's Tacos
    Tamale House
    Taco Shack
    this list of local spots could go on and on

One afternoon I was with some friends when we decided to grab some burritos. One of the guys, bless his heart, said "YEAH! TACO BELL!"

Now that is STONE

We had our burritos, but I made it clear we weren't eating at no damn Taco Bell. Not in a city that has more authentic Mexican food places than you can shake a stick at.

every now and then the Dunkin Donuts ham, egg and cheese croussaint[/b] hit's the spot. Especially when I'm on the go. Just as long as I don't make it an everyday thing.[/b]

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I had one of those new bigger McDonald's breakfast burritos with sausage, egg, potatoes and hot sauce a couple weekends ago on an early Saturday morning. It was the first time I'd had McDonalds in probably 3-4 years. Fucked me up all day. Tasted pretty good, or maybe it just tasted better than the beer breath I had.

NO Frickin' WAY (these places serve homemade shit):
    Burger King
    Mickey D's
    Chipotle
    Taco Bell
    Church's
    Dunkin Donuts
    Wendy's

IF I GOTTA EAT WRONG, I'M GONNA DO IT RIGHT (trashy, but GOOD):
    KFC
    Popeye's
    Waffle House
    Denny's
    White Castle
    Krystalburger
    Harold's Fried Chicken
    IHOP

INNOCENT PLEASURES:
    most smallish diners (yes, Chicagoans, even the Hollywood Grill)

Wendy's
    Chipotle

Pickwick, back off!

Man, some of you dudes are hard to please. Granted there ain't nothing much better than momma's gourmet meals, as far as convenience and quality, fast food is what it is. Fast food. There's a reason why it sells. Okay, you can go back to eating your lightly salted pretzels with honey or something.

• For the last two years, I've been living about a 5 minute walk from a McDonalds and I still don't get up on time to grab their breakfast.

Tuna/corned beef/chicken/salmon + rice and salad is usually my first meal of the day.