Jena Six

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    DizzyBull, you act like everyone in the South is redneck racist KKK supporting fuckwods. Fall off your high horse, cowboy.

I think it's called sarcasm.

Not in this case.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm pretty sure his employment as a teacher at a
    major university makes him a part of "Academia" (sic)
    without needing to make any claims.

That institution is not Rock-accredited.

• im wondering if any truth to the DA's office leaking the home address & #'s of the jena six, they are all over the KKK forums, so i say call dude at home & ask him...

REED WALTERS
    2490 HOPKINS ST
    JENA, LA 71342 (318) 992-2603

What did he say when you called??

hm. no answer.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm pretty sure his employment as a teacher at a
    major university makes him a part of "Academia" (sic)
    without needing to make any claims.

That institution is not Rock-accredited.

Damn you guys miss Saba already.

• im wondering if any truth to the DA's office leaking the home address & #'s of the jena six, they are all over the KKK forums, so i say call dude at home & ask him...

REED WALTERS
    2490 HOPKINS ST
    JENA, LA 71342 (318) 992-2603

What did he say when you called??

he was speaking in tongues
    hahaha stop lying! nobody is answer the phone! the switchboard operator must be on break.

• In fact, only in the south would there be a goddam WHITE TREE in the first place.

of course it wasn't a WHITE TREE, but don't let the facts get in the way of your emotions.

Again, from the AP:

The so-called ???white tree??? at Jena High, often reported to be the domain of only white students, was nothing of the sort, according to teachers and school administrators; students of all races, they say, congregated under it at one time or another.[/b]

• DizzyBull, you act like everyone in the South is redneck racist KKK supporting fuckwods. Fall off your high horse, cowboy.

Normally I would agree..but I always see dude making negative remarks about the South..and rednecks..and southern rap..and....

I mean, I could care less...just sayin'..shit gets old.

You are right. I'm being over the top, sure, but not sarcastic.

I realize not everyone in the south is a redneck racist KKK supporting fuckwad, just way more than Ive ever seen anywhere else. In the south people will say "nigger" without anybody batting an eyelid. In the south people will wear t-shirts that say "the south shoulda won". In the south people will fly the rebel flag and think its something to be proud of. In the south people will hang a noose from the "white tree" and think its funny. In fact, only in the south would there be a goddam WHITE TREE in the first place.

I've met some fine people from the south, but I also had to live there. I've seen first hand the kind savages that live there. But I already said that I'm predudiced. I suffer from Dixiephobia... what can I say? And this Jena story just reaffirms everything I feel about the south. Did you read that transcript of the interview with those mothers? 85 percent of that town is made up of savage inbreds, and the only ones who think that what is going on is fucked won't speak up, which makes them cowardly animals. Those 'good old boys' deserve to get lynched, and then set on fire. Seriously. Then ask their families if lynching is "funny". ask them if they think thats a good "joke". I bet their answer would be different. Fuck all those people. I don't feel sorry for the boy that got beat by the 6 because he was probably a savage too. I find it hard to beleive that by chance they would happen to pick the ONE whiteboy that wasn't a backwards ass racist inbred cracker to fuck up.

Sorry if I sound like a bigoted asshole, but I am. I've met some nice people from the south, but what sticks in my mind isn't the few cool people I've met, its all the rest that pollute that place.

Trust me, I am not in any way condoning what this piece of shit cracker did..I am just sayin'..chill with the throwing everybody into the same pot,because that is not all there is here. And truth be told, I have met tons of people from other places that were just as or more openly racist than people here. And I am not just bullshitting you to prove a point. And these were people from NYC,Chicago,LA,Hong Kong,etc..major cities..people that "couldnt believe how many interracial couples were in South Carolina" after visiting here.

• update:

'Jena 6' teen's case to be heard in juvenile court, governor saysStory Highlights

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (CNN) -- The case of Mychal Bell, a black teenager accused of beating a white classmate in Jena, Louisiana, will be heard in juvenile court, Louisiana's governor announced Wednesday.

Mychal Bell, 17, is accused with five others of beating Justin Barker in a school fight.

1 of 3 Gov. Kathleen Blanco said that she discussed Bell's case with LaSalle Parish District Attorney Reed Walters on Wednesday, and that Walters agreed not to challenge a state appeals court ruling that dismissed Bell's battery and conspiracy convictions.

The court ruled that Bell, who was 16 at the time of the beating, should have been tried in juvenile court instead of having the case transferred to adult court.

Blanco made the announcement with civil rights leaders Martin Luther King III and Al Sharpton.

Last week, they led about 15,000 marchers to Jena, a town of 3,000, to protest how authorities handled the cases of Bell and five other black teens accused of beating white high school student Justin Barker.

Many said they are angry the students, dubbed the "Jena 6," are being treated more harshly than three white students who hung nooses from an oak tree on high school property.

The white students were suspended from school but did not face criminal charges. The protesters say they should have been charged with a hate crime.

The black students now face charges of aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy in the schoolyard beating.

The altercation was the culmination of racially tense events in the town, including two fights sparked by the hanging of the nooses.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DizzyBull, you act like everyone in the South is redneck racist KKK supporting fuckwods. Fall off your high horse, cowboy.

Normally I would agree..but I always see dude making negative remarks about the South..and rednecks..and southern rap..and....

I mean, I could care less...just sayin'..shit gets old.

You are right. I'm being over the top, sure, but not sarcastic.

I realize not everyone in the south is a redneck racist KKK supporting fuckwad, just way more than Ive ever seen anywhere else. In the south people will say "nigger" without anybody batting an eyelid. In the south people will wear t-shirts that say "the south shoulda won". In the south people will fly the rebel flag and think its something to be proud of. In the south people will hang a noose from the "white tree" and think its funny. In fact, only in the south would there be a goddam WHITE TREE in the first place.

I've met some fine people from the south, but I also had to live there. I've seen first hand the kind savages that live there. But I already said that I'm predudiced. I suffer from Dixiephobia... what can I say? And this Jena story just reaffirms everything I feel about the south. Did you read that transcript of the interview with those mothers? 85 percent of that town is made up of savage inbreds, and the only ones who think that what is going on is fucked won't speak up, which makes them cowardly animals. Those 'good old boys' deserve to get lynched, and then set on fire. Seriously. Then ask their families if lynching is "funny". ask them if they think thats a good "joke". I bet their answer would be different. Fuck all those people. I don't feel sorry for the boy that got beat by the 6 because he was probably a savage too. I find it hard to beleive that by chance they would happen to pick the ONE whiteboy that wasn't a backwards ass racist inbred cracker to fuck up.

Sorry if I sound like a bigoted asshole, but I am. I've met some nice people from the south, but what sticks in my mind isn't the few cool people I've met, its all the rest that pollute that place.

It's not really that you're mad at the South for being racist that's the problem. It's that you don't seem to realize that where you live is just as racist as anywhere including the South. You scapegoat the South in order to make you and your own clearly racist actions and affiliations seem like a lesser problem.

Yet they're not.

• It's not really that you're mad at the South for being racist that's the problem. It's that you don't seem to realize that where you live is just as racist as anywhere including the South. You scapegoat the South in order to make you and your own clearly racist actions and affiliations seem like a lesser problem.

Yet they're not.

you must have superpowers

• you don't seem to realize that where you live is just as racist as anywhere including the South.

Uh... no. We have our problems, sure, but nothing compared this jena 6 nonsense. Even though you are a fake southerner/texan you have the same image consiousness problem that so many other southerners have. "Just because we talk slow doesn't make us stupid!! B-b-but there are racists where you live too so its just as bad as here! Um... The rebel flag just means we are proud of the south, not that we want our slaves back!!" uh... ok. So goddam defensive. when people make fun of california or NY or whatever we can somehow laugh along, but when anybody starts making fun of the south you people (yeah I said it - you people) get your panties in a bunch. Get over yourselves. The rest of the country laughs at you. So what. People laugh at californians all the time. nobody gives a shit.

• you and your own clearly racist actions and affiliations

By the way, if I ever see you in real life I'm going to pound your fucking skull in. Seriously. Keep this "racist" bullshit up. I'm done caring if you are slighty insane and completely delusional. If I ever see you in real life I will fucking destroy you. I feel sorry for your child. I used to feel sorry for you because you are not right in the head but thats over. FUCK YOU.

[PM on blast]Don't ever fucking address me again, you psychotic piece of shit. Don't ever mention my name on this board again. Don't ever reply to one of my posts. Don't even reply to this. [/PM on blast]

I've been advising you to ignore my posts on here for months, if not years. Yet you insisted on steady stalking me at every turn...and now you're mad.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

As for: "I'm not supporting nooses, saying the kids shouldn't be punished or downplaying the historical meaning of a noose in the South."

I see. Rock-a-Logic = soft on lynching. Got it.

A noose on a tree in the South is as unambigious a statement of racial hatred as anything I can imagine. I'm not sure what the Rock-a-logic standard would be here: if the students were "innocently" wearing KKK hoods, b/c they thought it would look cool...would that be ok too in the Rock-a-Logic world?

Show me one word, one sentence, one post where I might suggest I'm "soft on lynching"??

Show me where I defended one single person in this thread.

Show me where I used the word or suggested someone was "innocent" when it comes to racism, nooses, etc. in this case.

It's easy....just cut and paste.

You can't....because it only exists in your own private mind garden.

For someone who claims to be part of "Academia" you sure make a lot of assumptions and draw some far out conclusions.

You said: ""I'm not supporting nooses, saying the kids shouldn't be punished or downplaying the historical meaning of a noose in the South."

That's .

It doesn't take someone with an advanced degree to see that. Just anyone with half a conscience and sense of history.

part of "Academia" (sic)

Academia is spelled correctly there. No need for the "sic".

• What about downplaying the historical role of extreme and excessive punishment metted out by Southern courts to Blacks that fought with, talked wrong to, or even looked wrong at white folks?

part of "Academia" (sic)

Academia is spelled correctly there. No need for the "sic".

Acadamia.....like the nut.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    [PM on blast]Don't ever fucking address me again, you psychotic piece of shit. Don't ever mention my name on this board again. Don't ever reply to one of my posts. Don't even reply to this. [/PM on blast]

I've been advising you to ignore my posts on here for months, if not years. Yet you insisted on steady stalking me at every turn...and now you're mad.

How many people on here have wanted to kick your ass? It has to be some sort of record.

What about downplaying the historical role of extreme and excessive punishment metted out by Southern courts to Blacks that fought with, talked wrong to, or even looked wrong at white folks?

That was in the past dood, duh! Who cares about history?

How many people on here have wanted to kick your ass? It has to be some sort of record.

Do tell...becasue by my count, this is the first instance.

As for: "I'm not supporting nooses, saying the kids shouldn't be punished or downplaying the historical meaning of a noose in the South."

I see. Rock-a-Logic = soft on lynching. Got it.

A noose on a tree in the South is as unambigious a statement of racial hatred as anything I can imagine. I'm not sure what the Rock-a-logic standard would be here: if the students were "innocently" wearing KKK hoods, b/c they thought it would look cool...would that be ok too in the Rock-a-Logic world?

Show me one word, one sentence, one post where I might suggest I'm "soft on lynching"??

Show me where I defended one single person in this thread.

Show me where I used the word or suggested someone was "innocent" when it comes to racism, nooses, etc. in this case.

It's easy....just cut and paste.

You can't....because it only exists in your own private mind garden.

For someone who claims to be part of "Academia" you sure make a lot of assumptions and draw some far out conclusions.

You said: ""I'm not supporting nooses, saying the kids shouldn't be punished or downplaying the historical meaning of a noose in the South."

That's .

It doesn't take someone with an advanced degree to see that. Just anyone with half a conscience and sense of history.

You and I must be reading two different things....

I don't support putting up a noose.

I think the kids who did it should be punished.

I know that based on it's history it's a racist action to put up a noose and I think doing so is ignorant, and if determined to be a crime, punishable by law.

Explain what is weak about that???

No non-physical racist action or words, past or present, is justification for six guys to beat the crap out of some dude in the spirit of "revenge".

You disagree??

What about downplaying the historical role of extreme and excessive punishment metted out by Southern courts to Blacks that fought with, talked wrong to, or even looked wrong at white folks?

Do you think a crime in 2007 can be justified, or even rationalized by a documented history of unjust and even evil racism??

I don't.

"kids shouldn't be punished [f]or downplaying the historical meaning of a noose in the South."

You want to try this one again?

Do you think a crime in 2007 can be justified, or even rationalized by a documented history of unjust and even evil racism??

I don't.

I do.

Many, many people still have yet to receive what they have coming to them...and that's just for the racist stuff that they've done in '07, let alone all other time before that.

I don't.

when the "law" does not handle shit the right way which is the majority of the time, what options are you left with?

Voting??

I'd love to say "Take the law into our own hands" but the trail of dead I would leave behind would be pretty messy.

Furthermore, anyone ever in shock along the lines of "in this day and age" is completely and absolutely

And that's just the being-kind-about-it version.

I don't.

when the "law" does not handle shit the right way which is the majority of the time, what options are you left with?

Voting??

Please be serious.

• For someone who claims to be part of "Academia" you sure make a lot of assumptions and draw some far out conclusions.

That's .

i gotta side with rockadelic here, what is the point you are trying to make here?

this entire thread is filled with speculation as to disputed facts. if you saw the democratic debate last night, Obama was asked to respond to the criticism from Jesse Jackson and AL Sharpton that he should have been in Jena last week to join the protests; and if he was too "soft" on racism. He started off by saying that he was in washington last week "protesting the war in iraq"...(ehhhhhh)..but his second point was dead on the money, and sums up how i feel about this case. what he said was that Jena is important, not because it speaks to individual acts of racism, but because it reveals that there are major problems with our justice system.

these kids should not have been tried for attempted murder or as adults. bottom line. there is no version of the facts that would support that charge. if people want to protest or get up in arms over an issue - that is it. stop talking about who did what - we don't know that yet. what we do know is that the charges themselves show injustice. that is the issue.

the DA should be called to task for pushing these outrageous charges. and that is the major issue. did the municipality engage in racism? if so, that is a national story. forget about what some high school kids did.

you guys are focusing on the tabloid issues and ignoring the important ones.

• What about downplaying the historical role of extreme and excessive punishment metted out by Southern courts to Blacks that fought with, talked wrong to, or even looked wrong at white folks?

I don't.

That's all fine and good but the issue is not whether or not the crime is justified or justifiable - the issue is a racist justice system that is oppressing Black people, using exactly the same tactics as they did in the Jim Crow era. It is historically consistent. It has never been about the crime. It is about oppression. It is so much bigger than the actual crime.

This thread has been about EVERYTHING but the actual issue.

"kids shouldn't be punished [f]or downplaying the historical meaning of a noose in the South."

You want to try this one again?

WHAT!!!

This is the biggest out of context bullshit I've ever seen.

You're now obviously just trying to be obnoxious, because you're NOT that stupid.

Below is my EXACT quote...what the hell part of it don't you understand.

""I'm not supporting nooses, saying the kids shouldn't be punished or downplaying the historical meaning of a noose in the South."