Jay-Z "American Gangster": November 6, snitches

Comments

• Is Russell Crowe really a bigger drawcard/bankable star than Denzel? Did he really help the thing get made? If so I feel sorry for Denzel, Russell Crowe is a wanker (in the vernacular of his country).

• my question is.... denzel washington? he has never played a convincing "street" character to me.

• the soundtrack to this movie will have way hotter joints than the Jay-Z album.

• i heard the trailer makes the movie look a LOT better than it really is
    judging from the trailer, i can see how that'd be the case
    thats it. peace

my question is.... denzel washington? he has never played a convincing "street" character to me.

As mentioned by JP, He Got Game. And Training Day too. Don't know bout you, but I can't front on those 2.

• i heard the trailer makes the movie look a LOT better than it really is
    judging from the trailer, i can see how that'd be the case
    thats it. peace

my question is.... denzel washington? he has never played a convincing "street" character to me.

As mentioned by JP, He Got Game. And Training Day too. Don't know bout you, but I can't front on those 2.

i'm not saying he isn't a great actor or that his movies aren't good as well. i've liked everything i've seen him in for the most part - haven't seen "he got game" though. he just never comes off like a real hard ass street cat to me, even in training day. doesn't feel that authentic, feels like acting. samuel jackson feels authentic - most of the time. thats me though and i'm no authority on the "streets."

• Ive seen the preview and it's dope. Using "heat of the city" got me hyped and actually interested in the movie. Funny thing, is that Common is in it and it didn't even look like he changed clothes, just went and rock some of his "donny hathaway" era gear and showed up.

• Ive seen the preview and it's dope. Using "heat of the city" got me hyped and actually interested in the movie. Funny thing, is that Common is in it and it didn't even look like he changed clothes, just went and rock some of his "donny hathaway" era gear and showed up.

yeh common being in it is a big drawback being that his acting skills are faarr from being even decent.

The movie looks good, but I don't think JAy-Z doing the soundtrack is a good look. After his last weaksauce album I can't see him doing it right for this. Seriously dude needs to get his corporate game on and leave the rappin to the next generation.

yeh common being in it is a big drawback being that his acting skills are faarr from being even decent.

The movie looks good, but I don't think JAy-Z doing the soundtrack is a good look. After his last weaksauce album I can't see him doing it right for this. Seriously dude needs to get his corporate game on and leave the rappin to the next generation.

its not a good look, but they only asked him to do (yeah, dumb idea). he is writing his album based on this movie, but it sounds like the actual soundtrack will be music more fitting to that era (yeah, better idea).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is Russell Crowe really a bigger drawcard/bankable star than Denzel?

Yes--he's white.

• Damn, that's messed up. Russell Crowe shouldn't be a bigger drawcard than ANYONE, regardless of colour or species.

• Damn, that's messed up. Russell Crowe shouldn't be a bigger drawcard than ANYONE, regardless of colour or species[/b] .

don't sleep on this box office juggernaut:

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

samuel jackson feels authentic - most of the time.

• samuel jackson feels authentic - most of the time.

****GETS AWARD FOR WEAKEST USE OF IN SOULSTRUT HISTORY****

"WHO THE FUCK IS THIS ASSHOLE?"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Here's the first single from it:

Jay-Z ft. Pharrell - Blue Magic (prod. by Neptunes)

seriously? awww man. couldnt he hit up ye or something?

what a letdown.

he who put the "east" in "east point"

• My nephew called me tonight to tell me that Nas is releasing his album the same date Jay-Z is. Can anyone confirm this? I love that Yung Neefy calls me with up-to-date hip-hop gossip.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

interesting flow and delivery, but that beat is BOOORING.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

seriously? awww man. couldnt he hit up Justin Blaze [/b] or something?

what a letdown.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

what a letdown.

It really feels like Jay WANTS boring beats, even from good producers. I wouldn't mind hearing him over something sounding like "Ride around shining" or "Momma I'm so sorry".

• Here's the first single from it:

what a letdown.

It really feels like Jay WANTS boring beats, even from good producers. I wouldn't mind hearing him over something sounding like "Ride around shining" or "Momma I'm so sorry".

I think that's what he was going for. I'm not as mad at the beat as some of you guys are but it's definitely not like... JAY IS BACK

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Neptunes on autopilot. A few nice lines here and there from Jay, but not exactly vintage.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    thats me though and i'm no authority on the "streets."

i like it better than most of kingdom come.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

This isn't saying much.

This isn't saying much.

true. 90% of the beats on KC were garbagio and the verses...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    plz tell me current just blaze fanboyism is related to more than the fact that he's a crate digger who blogs about it??? what has he dropped lately of note that makes you think he would be what jay needs? What has he done worth checking since King? serious question

plz tell me current just blaze fanboyism is related to more than the fact that he's a crate digger who blogs about it??? what has he dropped lately of note that makes you think he would be what jay needs? What has he done worth checking since King? serious question

That Nas/Game track was cool.

b/w

ban deej

• plz tell me current just blaze fanboyism is related to more than the fact that he's a crate digger who blogs about it??? what has he dropped lately of note that makes you think he would be what jay needs? What has he done worth checking since King? serious question

I thought his beats on Kingdom Come were some of the best on there (that's not saying a lot though). Also, that recent track with Saigon - C'mon Baby, which JP was talking about yesterday. The Game - Why You Hate The Game was good too, The beat for that recent track with Fabolous, the advert with Juelz Santana etc... He hasn't been releasing much lately though so it's hard to judge...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

That Nas/Game track was cool.

b/w

ban deej
    you mean 'why you hate the game'? I agree w/ this but that was released a year ago!