Who Here is into Jesus?

124»

Comments

• even atheists seem to think jesus existed. i don't really get that. dude was a character in stories...there's plenty of evidence that he never existed as a person

nevermind...I clicked on the link. So, I think the arguments (in that link anyway) against the historocity of Jesus are far from conclusive. I believe it is very speculatory to apply textual criticism to some of the most historically verified documents that exist 2000 years after the fact to determine whether the stories within are true or false. You're not going to prove anything one way or the other, but merely propose interesting hypotheses.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    is there any good christian rock? serious question.

Black Sabath

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    There is definitely good Christian rock but both the Agape albums fucking suck. Jesus would hate them.

He'd still put 'em on eBay, though.

GET THAT MONEY, JESUS!

THE DUDE ONLY HAS SO MANY HANDS OK?

• even atheists seem to think jesus existed. i don't really get that. dude was a character in stories...there's plenty of evidence that he never existed as a person

What atheists think jesus existed? from what I've seen on the athiest websites the general consensus seems to be that there is no evidence at all for a historical jesus.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    even atheists seem to think jesus existed. i don't really get that. dude was a character in stories...there's plenty of evidence that he never existed as a person

What atheists think jesus existed? from what I've seen on the athiest websites the general consensus seems to be that there is no evidence at all for a historical jesus.

But what about accounting for a personal jesus?

But what about accounting for a personal jesus?

Looks like Jesus doesn't want you to steal bandwidth!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Doh! Jesus is mad at me now.

• Doh! Jesus is mad at me now.

Nobody fucks with the Jesus!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

To save me ruining this thread... click here for the conclusion...

http://www.jeffcohenstudio.com/bagoftoast/BOT71frame.html

• I'm not a religious guy at all nor a christian.
    but I feel a special kinship with this fellow b/c we celebrate birth on the same day.

were you born in march too?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    There was an older kid my freshman year of high school that used to pick on me... he'd do shit like singe my arm hair with a lighter in class when I wasn't paying attention, or bully me into doing his art projects. One time he cornered me in the Home Economics room with a hot iron. You know, the kind of kid that is such a delinquent you realize they will be spending time in prison even then. Anyhow, about 3-4 years after high school I randomly run into him sitting on a park bench. He's really happy to see me and he wants me to know how sorry he is and that he realized the error of his ways while locked up (told ya) and now loves Jesus. He hands me a little Jesus book or card or something like those sort of people often do. I'm like hey dude far out glad to see you're well and all when he blurts out something like: "I totally gave up all the women and the money and the drugs for Jesus. DID I MENTION ALL OF THE WOMEN?"

I guess that story is only loosely Jesus based, but I've always thought it was funny.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    is there any good christian rock? serious question.

Black Sabath

Have you ever thought about your soul - can it be saved?
    Or perhaps you think that when youre dead you just stay in your grave
    Is God just a thought within your head or is he a part of you?
    Is christ just a name that you read in a book when you were in school?

When you think about death do you lose your breath or
    Do you keep your cool?
    Would you like to see the pope on the end of a rope
    Do you think hes a fool?
    Well I have seen the truth, yes Ive seen the light and Ive changed my ways
    And Ill be prepared when youre lonely and scared at the end of our days

Could it be youre afraid of what your friends might say
    If they knew you believe in God above?
    They should realize before they criticize
    That God is the only way to love

Is your mind so small that you have to fall
    In with the pack wherever they run
    Will you still sneer when death is near
    And say they may as well worship the sun?

I think it was true it was people like you that crucified christ
    I think it is sad the opinion you had was the only one voiced
    Will you be so sure when your day is near, say you dont believe?
    You had the chance but you turned it down, now you cant retrieve

Perhaps youll think before you say that God is dead and gone
    Open your eyes, just realize that hes the one
    The only one who can save you now from all this sin and hate
    Or will you still jeer at all you hear? yes! I think its too late.

• i'm into zeus.

seriously zeus is about as valid as the whole jesus phenomena. why did the whole greek and roman god belief system become less valid than christianity today ? I know there is the whole issue of polytheism and monotheism, but to an ancient greek or roman, they would feel just as strongly about zeus and aphrodite, as christians feel today about christ. which religion is correct ? why is christianity suddenly so much more valid than ancient greek religion was ?

chrisitianity (and all religion at that) is strictly a man made construct and as i go through life there seems to be more and more certainty in my mind that there is no concious diety sitting the sky making things happen.

what created the universe ? i don't know.

but i don't try to act like i know and tell people to believe what i BELIEVE. when that's all it is, a belief system, not knowledge.

oh boy, this is gonna be a 30 pager!

• yes. i'm with this dude. peace, stein. . .