The Official CURTIS vs GRADUATION

Comments

• Kind of suprised me, since I don't know anybody in New York that's checking for 50.

^^^ DISCONNECTED FROM THE 5 BOROUGHS TOUR ^^^

• Oh look an angry black man.. let's point and laugh.

- spidey

It *was* pretty funny. Like Kanye ain't silly.

Couldn't someone have gotten "Fitty" to choose a better name. Do we really need another album (which is probably 10000x inferior) named "Curtis"? Respect your elders, rapper dude.

• Oh look an angry black man.. let's point and laugh.

- spidey

It *was* pretty funny. Like Kanye ain't silly.

Couldn't someone have gotten "Fitty" to choose a better name. Do we really need another album (which is probably 10000x inferior) named "Curtis"? Respect your elders, rapper dude.

I agree. the album title was a bad look. I have no doubt that fiddy consisders his music/impact to be superior to curtis' at this point.

• are you serious

• are you serious

about what?

• I like this vid, even though SoMe didn't really switch his style up much for it, it still looks nice.

SoMe = one-trick pony?
    the video is ok, no enthusiasm, it'd be better w/o Angel Lola

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Oh the irony.

It is total beyond me why any of you care how many albums these dudes sell. Is it on some male soap opera type shit? I just don't get it, at all. Maybe you work for the labels?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It is total beyond me why any of you care how many albums these dudes sell. Is it on some male soap opera type shit? I just don't get it, at all.

Get Familiar.

I was walkin by my local Moms & Pops store and they had an office wipeboard stand out front.

It said - "50 Cent is gonna retire if Kanye outsells him. Help keep 50 in the game, Come on Folks."
    Underneath there was a tally of how many records were sold at the store or some number.

Kanye - 150
    Fitty - 159

W/ a line drawn down the middle n shit. and that fuckin jail-style count the days slash shit.

The goofballs in the store are clearly 50 fans. I have to give them props for adding to the WWF atmosphere of this shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It is total beyond me why any of you care how many albums these dudes sell. Is it on some male soap opera type shit? I just don't get it, at all.

Get Familiar.

I was walkin by my local Moms & Pops store and they had an office wipeboard stand out front.

It said - "50 Cent is gonna retire if Kanye outsells him. Help keep 50 in the game, Come on Folks."
    Underneath there was a tally of how many records were sold at the store or some number.

Kanye - 150
    Fitty - 159

W/ a line drawn down the middle n shit. and that fuckin jail-style count the days slash shit.

The goofballs in the store are clearly 50 fans. I have to give them props for adding to the WWF atmosphere of this shit.

Hilarious--who are these people desperate for 50 to "stay in the game"?

I mean, as somebody who actually is a fan of GRODT and his old mixtapes, I wish he would just disappear.

These are Disconnected Dominican cats who own the store. i give them props for keep their cd/dvd game up, but dudes sense in taste is str8 silly. I constantly debate them on the NBA. Dudes talmbout "the Knicks can get to the Finals if they get in the playoffs - last year. GTFOHWTB.
    Talmbout "50 is still hot" - WTFAUTalmbout!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

These are Disconnected Dominican cats who own the store. i give them props for keep their cd/dvd game up, but dudes sense in taste is str8 silly. I constantly debate them on the NBA. Dudes talmbout "the Knicks can get to the Finals if they get in the playoffs - last year. GTFOHWTB.

That's that SWAG that SOCAL is sorely missing.

A lot of these Kanye tracks are The sound is more gimmicky than ever.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I think that's why Dre and Stan McQuay was pairing lately...He wants to wipe out the scene...

• Hilarious--who are these people desperate for 50 to "stay in the game"?

That's something I feel the bay is missing, bootleg spots where you can get an O.J. and a Kanye for cheap. We have a few DVD spots but only in Oakland and they are mostly just street vendeurs.

That's something I feel the bay is missing, bootleg spots where you can get an O.J. and a Kanye for cheap. We have a few DVD spots but only in Oakland and they are mostly just street vendeurs.

Its actually a Video Rental joint that has been there since the 80's. They've been stocking Salsa/Reggaeton/Latin CDs - R&B/Hip Hop/Pop Cds - New DVDs- Video Games & accessories- IPod stuff- in the last like 10 or so years. Dudes always seem to have some shit before the scheduled release date.
    It beats goin to Fordham Road or 3rd Ave. Usually im coppin my shit from ManHatt.

Oh, and little dudes: I'm still messin' with this Kanye album something serious.

The only real duds on it are "Drunk and Hot Girls" and "Big Brother".

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    CHART DATE: 09/17/2007
    LAST UPDATE: 09/18/2007 11:33:53
    NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
    -- 1 KANYE WEST ROC-A-FELLA/IDJMG 930,251 --
    GRADUATION
    -- 2 50 CENT AFTERMATH/INTERSCOPE 659,682 --
    CURTIS

Oh, and little dudes: I'm still messin' with this Kanye album something serious.

The only real duds on it are "Drunk and Hot Girls" and "Big Brother".

His beats are interesting. I'm still not completely down with his rapping though....
    I don't exactly know what he's representing. He's almost throwing out all the rap styles and rap cliches he knows....thinking it'll make him a classic....

• 50 GOT MURKED!!!!!

KANYE - 956,936
    50 - 691,304
    CHESNEY - 386,385

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Having had both on my playlist for the last week I've warmed greatly to the Kanye album but have basically been skipping almost all the 50cent so I stand corrected on my initial dismissal of both. I have yet to hear the Chesney though.

KANYE - 956,936
    50 - 691,304
    CHESNEY - 386,385

Now is the time when we heap scorn upon those supposed hip-hop loyalists *cough*Oliver*cough* who predicted that Kenny Chesney would outsell both Kanye and 50.

• When was the last time someone sold (almost) a cool mil in their first week??

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    When was the last time someone sold (almost) a cool mil in their first week??

Didn't T.I. "King" do it?

• nah he did like 5 and a quarter first week.

This shit is mainey.

When was the last time someone sold (almost) a cool mil in their first week??

Kanye sold ~850K last time around; Fifty sold 1M+ with Massacre.

• When was the last time someone sold (almost) a cool mil in their first week??

I think Massacre did 1.2?? Shit is really crazy that Kanye almost did a mil. I wish I could lose every week and sell 660.

• I'm saying. I didn't really expect that.

I'm saying. I didn't really expect that.

^^^^ANOTHER CHESNEY RIDEUR IN OUR MIDST

• I'm saying. I didn't really expect that.

^^^^ANOTHER CHESNEY RIDEUR IN OUR MIDST

Do you party?