The Official CURTIS vs GRADUATION

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    he is the biggest producer to keep "traditional" hip hop production values relevant.

He might be the "Biggest" producer doing this and I like a lot of his tracks, but don't forget...........

JUST BLAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• he is the biggest producer to keep "traditional" hip hop production values relevant.

He might be the "Biggest" producer doing this and I like a lot of his tracks, but don't forget...........

JUST BLAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for sure just blaze is that dude. i was talking just spread of name/visibility

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

This is my first Kanye album cause i was never feelin dude as an mc. A whole set is out of the question.

do you even like hip hop music? i think you might like the album more if you got to know the artist you are easily dismissing.

no he isn't dude is weak as an MC.

if you havent heard the first two albums you are missing: two words, addiction, get em high, spaceship, we major... and other crap aside from the obvious singles.

DID I SAY I NEVER HEARD THESE ALBUMS?

dude makes good music. period. and he is the biggest producer to keep "traditional" hip hop production values relevant. i'd take all 3 kanye albums over most albums put out by "lyrically advanced" mcs. people may think kanye is weak as an mc. ill admit that he isnt the strongest mc. but if you are going to easily dismiss kanye's albums simply because he is a weak mc... i'd be forced to say your perspective of hip hop is incredibly myopic.

ST8 SILLINESS

this is just my opinion. nothing personal, but ive been increasingly irritated by peoples comments on hip hop lately. im just venting.

FUCK HIP HOP

im not trying to say that everyone should like kanye.... or that everyone has to like everyone... but how can you judge someone's work if you have only listened to a third of his solo work... not even counting his work with other people.

AGAIN, WHO SAID THEY DIDNT HEAR THE FIRST TWO ALBUMS?

PLEEZ GET OVER THE DICKRIDING AND MAKE A CLEAR CRITIQUE.

I FEEL A BILL BIXBY COMIN ON.....

• "buy any jeans necessary"

the kanye has some moments where you remember why you liked him at first.

This line irks the fuck out of me. Crazy ingant disrespect of Malcolm X from a dude that sells himself as "conscious".

give me a break.

• i still am not sold 100% on just blaze...
    he's got alot of trash in his catalog.

2002/2003 he was almost responsible for alot of terrible, TERRIBLE songs.

it seems like only in the last year or so he's taken it upon himself to prove how 'real' he is and distance himself from the mainstream...

he seems more like a mainstream pop-rap producer who is just now trying very hard to be considered in the likes of the lord finesses, buckwilds, etc.

that withstanding, he has made some tracks i like alot.

You think Flipside is a terrible song???

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i still am not sold 100% on just blaze...

it seems like only in the last year or so he's taken it upon himself to prove how 'real' he is and distance himself from the mainstream...

he seems more like a mainstream pop-rap producer who is just now trying very hard to be considered in the likes of the lord finesses, buckwilds, etc.

BUGGING.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i still am not sold 100% on just blaze...

I ask again: who are these little dudes and where are they coming from?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Jake's beats for 50 > Kanye's whole album.

I'm with Batmon. Neither album is all that great, but, for me, Kanye just shades it. That said, "All of Me" is better than anything on "Graduation". If that comes out as a single, I will most definitely be copping.

• I???ve been playing the Kanye album a fair bit recently as my phone can only hold about 6 albums and I haven???t been bothered to transfer any other stuff over. So my cycle ride to and from work each day has been mainly listening to Kanye (and the new Aesop Rock album).
    And sadly apart from a few tunes (flashing lights/I wonder) the album isn???t doing anything for me and this is a huge disappointment as I enjoyed his first two album a lot.

I think Kanye is just spending to much time living it up rather than in the studio, and who can blame him.
    While his rhymes and never been brilliant I???ve always enjoyed them (for the most part), on this new joint they gone way down the pan.

I???ve been enjoying the Aesop Rock album a lot more than this Kanye joint and I thought I would never say that.

• This is my first Kanye album cause i was never feelin dude as an mc. A whole set is out of the question.

do you even like hip hop music? i think you might like the album more if you got to know the artist you are easily dismissing.

if you havent heard the first two albums you are missing: two words, addiction, get em high, spaceship, we major... and other crap aside from the obvious singles.

dude makes good music. period. and he is the biggest producer to keep "traditional" hip hop production values relevant. i'd take all 3 kanye albums over most albums put out by "lyrically advanced" mcs. people may think kanye is weak as an mc. ill admit that he isnt the strongest mc. but if you are going to easily dismiss kanye's albums simply because he is a weak mc... i'd be forced to say your perspective of hip hop is incredibly myopic.

this is just my opinion. nothing personal, but ive been increasingly irritated by peoples comments on hip hop lately. im just venting.

im not trying to say that everyone should like kanye.... or that everyone has to like everyone... but how can you judge someone's work if you have only listened to a third of his solo work... not even counting his work with other people.

Seriously? I am definately going to judge an MC or someone that wants to be taken seriously as an MC by what they put forth on their album(s). If it weren't for the production on his first two albums he wouldn't be anywhre. Not that his production on his first two albums is anything near what his pre-solo-MC roc-A-Fella beats were, but they were passable I guess. I mean you are basically giving him a pass as an MC because he is "kanye" and in your eyes he is keeping traditional rap hip-hop alive? HUh? get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. There are plenty of producers sampling and making beats everywhere both commercial and indie and alot are doing a better job than Kanye. I seriously think that you are the one with the myopic view of rap. Time to open the other eye.

• This is my first Kanye album cause i was never feelin dude as an mc. A whole set is out of the question.

ST8 SILLINESS

FUCK HIP HOP

you were the one that said it was your "first kanye album"

FUCK HIP HOP
    so why talk about a hip hop artist on a message board about "crate digging dj and hip hop (sub)culture" ... even though i think alot of people here dont listen to much hip hop. or are you going to pull the typical soulstrutter street cred certificate by saying you listen to UGK.

Seriously? I am definately going to judge an MC or someone that wants to be taken seriously as an MC by what they put forth on their album(s). If it weren't for the production on his first two albums he wouldn't be anywhre. Not that his production on his first two albums is anything near what his pre-solo-MC roc-A-Fella beats were, but they were passable I guess. I mean you are basically giving him a pass as an MC because he is "kanye" and in your eyes he is keeping traditional rap hip-hop alive? HUh? get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. There are plenty of producers sampling and making beats everywhere both commercial and indie and alot are doing a better job than Kanye. I seriously think that you are the one with the myopic view of rap. Time to open the other eye.

nah. im just saying kanye was the most visible and he was someone keeping traditional hip hop production values relevant. and im not giving kanye a pass just because he is kanye... i just think him not being as lyrically advanced as (*insert your favorite mc here) doesnt warrant alot of the hate he recieves.

i've got a myopic view of rap? you dont even know what i listen to. i was just defending an artist i think is good.

• i still am not sold 100% on just blaze...

super-tepid.
    it sounds like a fake background beat from a ringtone commerical on BET.

AMAZING

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Curtus is better than I expected.
    Graduation is not as good as I expected.

After no more than one listen all the way through I find both albums reasonable but nothing more.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Chamillionaire wins...

http://houstonsoreal.blogspot.com/

This is my first Kanye album cause i was never feelin dude as an mc. A whole set is out of the question.

ST8 SILLINESS

FUCK HIP HOP

FUCK HIP HOP
    so why talk about a hip hop artist on a message board about "crate digging dj and hip hop (sub)culture" ... even though i think alot of people here dont listen to much hip hop. or are you going to pull the typical soulstrutter street cred certificate by saying you listen to UGK.

Just Walk Away

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Kanye sons the crap out of curtis.

curtis aint terrible though. just ayo technology.

curtis aint terrible though. just ayo technology.

Peep Show is not that good.

Anyone have first day numbers for both jokers?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    See

other

thread.

(link to related article)

ST8 SILLINESS

FUCK HIP HOP

FUCK HIP HOP

Just Walk Away

done and done. its just the internet.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Why is Hip-hop even mentioned in this thread?

- spidey

• the kanye album has some fucking HEAT. I thought Barry Bonds was kind of wack and "big brother" was a interesting track (maybe even GOOD song).

the curtis album sucks. i really can't say i can fuck with that album with the exception of 3-4 songs.

both joints i've only bumped once, so we'll shall see how they hold up in like 2-3 weeks. For what's it worth, i can't wait to run tracks off of the kanye album this week at my gigs. I really can't say the same shit for the 50 jump-off.

• who the fuck can front on kanye's beats, if anything?

fuckin' corny

pathetic even.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Oh look an angry black man.. let's point and laugh.

- spidey

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

I like this vid, even though SoMe didn't really switch his style up much for it, it still looks nice.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

At Best Buy in midtown yesterday I saw a lot of people buying both, some people just buying 50, but nobody just buying Kanye. Kind of suprised me, since I don't know anybody in New York that's checking for 50.