BANNED

124»

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Uh oh, Gurney's drunk.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I don't know anything about what's going on in this thread, except that Sheep has always come correct with the travel info/photos; And he has a large amount of love for busty Asians.

Well... I guess I know a few more things:

1. Bootlegging small/independent DVD releases is lame, unless there's NO way you can get a real copy. Props to Sheep for speaking up about it.

2. This Wallace dude and his cryptic writing makes my head hurt. He seems like a complete and utter fuckwad.

I think I'm going back to the thread about The Hills...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Rap has stopped being an album based music form years ago.

Now, this is something I shouldn't find odd, yet I do. When I first started listening to rap, it was almost strictly a singles-based medium; things like Kurtis Blow's debut album were the exception that proved the rule, and it was quite a few years before you began to expect a rap act to drop an album once they were a few singles deep. A few years after that, I even remember saying to friends how it didn't make sense that, despite being a genre where vinyl had an actual significance to the music itself, rap albums were beginning to be released on CD only.

The issue of rap being/becoming a singles-based medium (again) has been raised here a few times. Given the popularity of rap, and the virtually non-existent singles market in the US, this seems like a bit of a contradiction to me, but there it is.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"I have browsed soul strut now and again over the years but i am always alarmed by how someone will post something like:

'yo found this dope as raer joint at a garage sale - any of you kidz got knowledge on this fly cat' accompanied by jpeg of sleeve.

Followed by a load of posts along the lines of.

'yo m*therf*cker i was pimping this fly sh*t when you was still sucking your sisters **** you fake *ss f*cknut. If i see u on the street i'll shove your fat f*cking head up your **** and **** your momma in the **** and burn your g*ddam crib down you wack *** piece of **** you****sucking son of a b*tch Take your played out piece of sh*t LP and choke on it you ******* ****** ********** *********er"

haha I wish this was true!

• Reasons 1-10 why I don't post on VV

And no sales forums! Now that's un-American!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

classic quotes on VV rite now;

"i cant understand what they are on about half the time on ss."

"I don't think there is an anti Hip Hop feeling on here, just that people write as they speak. I'd expect a lot of American slang on Soul Strut, as that's where the majority of the posters are from. If I suddenly started using it on here I'd expect (fully warranted) piss taking, as I'm a 30 something white bloke from Suffolk."

"I have browsed soul strut now and again over the years but i am always alarmed by how someone will post something like:

'yo found this dope as raer joint at a garage sale - any of you kidz got knowledge on this fly cat' accompanied by jpeg of sleeve.

'yo m*therf*cker i was pimping this fly sh*t when you was still sucking your sisters **** you fake *ss f*cknut. If i see u on the street i'll shove your fat f*cking head up your **** and **** your momma in the **** and burn your g*ddam crib down you wack *** piece of **** you****sucking son of a b*tch Take your played out piece of sh*t LP and choke on it you ******* ****** ********** *********er"

"My flippant 'gangsta' remarks were really just a sad remark on how folk talk tough talk to be down with the genre of Hip-Hop, whether they be hard as nails or not. As I say iv been around enough reall nutters to find no attraction or glamour in faking that side of life - and, as with Col -really dont wake at night in fear of a 'face-to-face'!!"

"Just read through the Soulstrut thread and my blood is boiling."

You missed this one.

Every time someone has posted something 'negative' about SS in this thread, he has posted it into a thread over at SS...
    Unfortunately, none of the posts saying "we agree with him" and "we wish this hadn't got out of hand" or "Bev's a decent enough guy, we'll see him back here soon" do not seem to make it into his SS posts... That's what's disappointing me the most...

There's also a thread wishing you happy birthday, with 15+ posts.

But by all means continue the hat.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    If it's any consolation Bev, I've been forced off of the Hollerboard this past weekend. We can wallow in our own self pity about being internet refugees for a little while.

• nessness 249 Posts
    buncha rich limeys w bank jobs buying all thier fucking records offa ebay acting like fucking some sorta experts on some shit. respect to them dudes. but get it straight yall are across the pond. your analysis is fucking skewed.

YEAH I'M A SAVAGE.

GET THE STICK OUTTA YOUR ASS VV.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude right in that other thread I just said "We need Ness back." WTF?!?

• buncha rich limeys w bank jobs buying all thier fucking records offa ebay acting like fucking some sorta experts on some shit. respect to them dudes. but get it straight yall are across the pond. your analysis is fucking skewed.

YEAH I'M A SAVAGE.

GET THE STICK OUTTA YOUR ASS VV.

our analysis is somewhat less skewed than yours it would seem!

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    This needs to be settled on neutral ground....

• nessness 249 Posts

YOU AINT GOT NO TEETH MAN.

HIT UP THE DENTIST.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

YES

• our analysis is somewhat less skewed than yours it would seem!

HIT UP THE DENTIST.

???
    is this an observation or a threat?
    either way, again, somewhat skewed mate.

• nessness 249 Posts

HIT UP THE DENTIST.

???
    is this an observation or a threat?
    either way, again, somewhat skewed mate.

NO MATE.

THIS IS NOT A RATIONAL DISCUSSION.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND UK HUMOR. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND MINE.

ITS OK. I DONT CARE.

THERE WAS NO NEED TO CALL BELSON OUT. THAT BUSINESS THAT GOT PERSONAL.

IM A SAAAAAAAAAAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

A THREAT ON THE INTERNET. IVE DONE THAT BEFORE. BUT MY ARMS ARE TOO SHORT TO BOX WITH THE INTERNETS.

• alls well that ends well then.
    good.
    Belson being called out? not by me mate, no earthly reason to do such a thing.
    seems quite the gentleman from where i'm at.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I like Vinyl Vulture. I like Soulstrut. I like Sheep.

Cant we all just get along?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    "While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate racist, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

Date the ban will be lifted: 21-08-2007, 09:00 PM

Thanks vinylvulture...

just goes to show where defending yourself against nerds bootlegging Beatdawgs Deep Crates 2 will get you...

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

I just read that thread. You threatened to turn someone's face into a bloody pulp over nothing on a harmless record nerd site. And what the fuck are some of you other people on here doing defending this kind of shit?

• nessness 249 Posts
    I just read that thread. You threatened to turn someone's face into a bloody pulp over nothing on a harmless record nerd site. And what the fuck are some of you other people on here doing defending this kind of shit?

DUDE SHEEP'S ARMS ARE TOO SHORT TO BOX W THE INTERNET TOO MAN.

SHIT GOT OUTTA HAND DUDES GOT HEATED PEOPLE GOT CALLED OUT MAN.

IT HAPPENS. IT SUCKS. NOBODY'S HURT.

BUNCHA SKINNY RECORDS DUDES FIGHTING.

FISHER PRICE MY FIRST FIGHT.