Lil' Wayne- I Feel Like Dying

13»

Comments

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    THE INTERPOLATION OF MOBY'S SONG THAT THEY USED AT THE END OF THE MOVIE HEAT

HOLY

FUK

STRAIGHT
    FUKIN
    FIYAAAAAAAAH

dreams, son!

SHIIIIIITTTTT!!!

I've been listening to this track from Heat for years on personal mixes and stuff...
    I'm pretty sure I even tried using it in a beat at some point.

Lil' Wayne's left-field shit has always been the stuff I enjoy most, so I'm feeling a lot of stuff on this promo. Thanks for posting it up!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    the beat definitely gets on my nerves with the quickness.. I can't deal with these beats where they keep playing a vocal sample over and over, especially if it is an annoying vocal sample like this one. generic azz drums too .

Lil Wayne is pretty interesting though, I see what you guys are saying about him switching it up a bit from track to track. I honestly know about 3.5% of his catalog but I could picture him doing some nice stuff if the beat was proper.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    new wayne produced by dr dre is really not that exciting

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    yes, but no matter you age, your allowed to an opinion.

People need to try a little harder to make their opinion an informed one is all.

Found this on clipsandkisses.com - it sounds like a Dre beat.

I swear I posted that link above before I read this - it is a Dre beat, then?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

yup

phoning it in

yup

phoning it in

Hahaha! Whoever wrote that FADER piece needs to check their arse for splinters, because they're really sitting on the fence there. I think it's good, and kind of a different look for Weezy.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i've been hating on nu-wayne but i think the wayne/dre track is tight

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Oh and by the way, i'm slightly pissed...i did a beat based on the same sample for a project soon to be released. I guess i'm gonna have to bin the track now. Anyway, it happens often to a lot of people, but it makes me wonder about one thing : did he take the same bet than before by not clearing it since it's a french dude? I hope he learned the lesson from the Francis Lai episode, even tho' he didn't produce that particular beat. Because the people taking care of the dude's caalogue are all ears open. It would be a matter of time for the lawsuit to land on Dre's desk.

• I didnt listen to or read anything regarding the Wayne/Dre beat..but I heard the track that people think is a Dre beat is actually by Cipha Sounds...?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This sounds more like a tryna-be-Dre beat.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    would be explaining why i dont feel like Dre did this...the bassline is not as precise as usual, and the overall quality don't match the recent bangers he did...i dunno.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    He's just swallowed the key to the house of pain. That "Waynism" thingie is ridiculous. So excited about the new album right now.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    This sounds more like a tryna-be-Dre beat.

Yeah it has a similar sound to Dre but doesn't sound anywhere near polished enough to be a modern Dre beat to my untrained ears at least.

Having said that, I like it and didn't mind the Dying track despite its similarities to mid nineties Tricky. This hasn't dulled my eagerness for Carter 3.

Speaking of Tricky, in the event that anyone's wondering what he's up to now...

And yes, that is Elliott Gould.

Speaking of Tricky, in the event that anyone's wondering what he's up to now...

And yes, that is Elliott Gould.

Ha ha wtf? I can see it now - "A riproaring, heartwarming, laugh out loud comedy for all the family - Paul Ross, The Sun". If someone had asked me what a trailer to a Tricky film would look like I would pretty much come up with that, though probably sans Elliot Gould.

Not wishing to take the thread of course any further and know that Tricky/Trip Hop is the target of relentless mirth on this site but, while I haven't even listened to anything he's done since his Muggs collaborations, I still hold out hope that Thaws will get back on track sometime. I still think PMT holds up to today's scrutiny (a lot better than Maxinquaye as well).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Actually I think Maxinquaye is a classic, no joke. Listen to the beats maaan, the beats!!!!

PMT is pretty fukin dark though. Proto future Goth hop, anyone?

Actually I think Maxinquaye is a classic, no joke. Listen to the beats maaan, the beats!!!!

PMT is pretty fukin dark though. Proto future Goth hop, anyone?

Yeah I think Maxinquaye is classic in its place in British music development but i played it again for the first time in years the other week and a lot of it sadly hadn't aged very well - couple of tunes still hit the spot though. PMT on the other hand is pretty unrelentlessly dark and only successful in places but I can't really think of anything else that sounds like songs like the Bad Dream cover and Vent in the grand scheme of things. I miss paranoid smoked out Tricky.