Lil' Wayne- I Feel Like Dying

Comments

• There is a TON of Wayne hating going on today..but honestly its the message boards and shit that I see this hate on..it sure as hell aint the hood and the streets hating on dude. When I saw him live a few months back the place fucking LOST IT when he came on...great show I thought. Most of the hate I read is from stupid kids bitching about him being on every mixtape cover from LA to NYC. That said, he is one of the few rappers I constantly check for.

• The leaked Carter 3 mixtape is insanity

Got a mp3 link or should I get my torrent search on?

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I don't understand how people listen to lil wayne, the dudes whole style is fucking wack. You know when a kid tries to be cute by talking like a baby but sounds like a fucking an attention starved idiot, that's how lil wayne raps.

he's beginning to reach paul barman levels of annoying as fuck for me.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Dear Mr Burns,

Let it be known that i could have run a anti-wayne site myself back in the Hot Boys era. I neevr could listen to him. Never could admire anything he did before Katrina indeed. I think dude just switch his shit up after that...Im still not liking ALL his tracks, but i know i would be damn happy to be in studio with dude. I know i would do some ill shit because he don't seems to limitate himself beat-wise and lyrics-wise. If anyone would have told me i would bump Wayne in 2007 back in 2000,i would have spit in your face. But i must admit that i felt for his writing skills. Technically, i like his work with syllables and shit. Like his new vocab. I can feel a Mel Gibson line too...lol.

Now as far as what Wayne did for me, for now nothing, but so did 99% of the people i listen to. You need to stop expecting to get something from artist but a few minutes of good time man. You are probably in your 20's to react that way. Anyway...I recommend the leak of C3.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I don't understand how people listen to lil wayne, the dudes whole style is fucking wack. You know when a kid tries to be cute by talking like a baby but sounds like a fucking an attention starved idiot, that's how lil wayne raps.

But Serg...how do you REALLY feel?

I can't believe you just compared Weezy with Barman.

And before i leave, when people say such things as "i dont understand people how people can listen to him" blah blah blah, PLEASE post a rapper you're opposing to him. Just for fun...

• sergserg 682 Posts

But Serg...how do you REALLY feel?

I can't believe you just compared Weezy with Barman.

technically wayne's a good rapper but his voice is fucking horrible. When ever I hear him start up I instantly think of dumbass slobber faced infants saying "zoooom on a yamahaaaaa"

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

new jack lil wayne dick riders[/b] are annoying as fuck for me.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    yes, but no matter you age, your allowed to an opinion.

Yeah no doubt..but its kind of hard to take a 15 year olds criticism of what "real hip hop" is too serious. Surely you can understand?

I'm not sold on the dude being 15 at all.

As for the song, it's alright. It seems like it meets its intentions. I just wasn't that entertained. He doesn't really rap, the beat doesn't really go (one drum loop, one sample, i like simplicity and all, but ehh), it's really pretty uneventful. Yeah I know its supposed to sound the way it does and I'm not knocking that, but this is probably nowhere near my top 25 weezy tracks.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    whoa. hatteurs done took over my thread.

I am loving Lil Wayne right now. I used to hate, I'll admit. Does that make me a New Jack? I liked Juv and Baby way better and I really just hated Wayne for taking off his shirt in all the videos, I was like ewwww.

But now I am consistently appreciating Weezy, from this track to his new uptempo radio joint to all these mixtapes. I think he's clever and funny and can change up his style to fit each track. He does not seem afraid to get way out there and then make another Mannie Fresh banger about riding his motorcycle.

he is one of the few rappers I constantly check for.

That's the thing about weezy, he has proven that he can drop heat at any given moment, so you have to be checking for it.

I am loving Lil Wayne right now. I used to hate, I'll admit. Does that make me a New Jack? I liked Juv and Baby way better and I really just hated Wayne for taking off his shirt in all the videos, I was like ewwww.

But now I am consistently appreciating Weezy, from this track to his new uptempo radio joint to all these mixtapes. I think he's clever and funny and can change up his style to fit each track. He does not seem afraid to get way out there and then make another Mannie Fresh banger about riding his motorcycle.

nah nah I wasn't talking about you Anna. I was talking of talking just in general, dudes with aesop rock crumbs in the beard now fighting for leg-room on the wayne bandwagon.

I played two track with wayne cameos just last night, but this balls-to-the-extreme fevor I've seen not just on the internet is a little uncomfortable (GQ did a feature on the boy).

The same things goes for these folks all of sudden into Daft Punk. WTF??!?!?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Big old

• I'm not sold on the dude being 15 at all.

As for the song, it's alright. It seems like it meets its intentions. I just wasn't that entertained. He doesn't really rap, the beat doesn't really go (one drum loop, one sample, i like simplicity and all, but ehh), it's really pretty uneventful. Yeah I know its supposed to sound the way it does and I'm not knocking that, but this is probably nowhere near my top 25 weezy tracks.

So think this dude is bullshitting about his age? Howcome?

And I agree about this "Dying" track..didnt care for it too much..but whatevers clever..better than some shit I guess. I could find a hundred tracks off of mixtapes/lps that I like better than that track.

Yeah, I dunno, just seems to be a bit of controversy surrounding the legitimacy of young dude. Certain comments ain't coming from the mouth of a 15 year old in 2007, you know? It's all good though. Just my perspective, I could be wrong. Plus other people here were saying he posts from the same house as previous strutters or something.

I just listened to the 9 or so tracks that Izm posted, are these supposed to be throw away tracks from the Carter III? And/or are these tracks from the Cartr III mixtape? While everything there was at least half decent, none of those tracks really sounded like top-notch Lil' Wayne to me. I hope he chooses the right songs for his album...

Everything i posted was mixtape material...nothing major. Just enough to judge him. There was one track off the C3 leak, it's the kanye one. But right now even Wayne dont know what will be the C3 teacklisting. And for those who cares, i'm not "eargerly" waiting on "long-anticipated" album. I'm just saying, dude got something. He's not the King of whatever...He's just good at flippin' syllables.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I liked Juv and Baby way better

I was not aware that anybody in the entire history of popular music appreciation liked Baby at all.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I was not aware that anybody in the entire history of popular music appreciation liked Baby at all.

That's true.

And a non-rap fan like me, never really listened to him until this "like father like son" album.

Lil Wayne also did a collabo with Ja Rule right? You talk about resurrecting careers.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this song kinda creeps me out. i don't think in a good way

comedy rap...

PLEASE KNOWLEDGE US! Is this like hip-house?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Dear Mr Burns,

Let it be known that i could have run a anti-wayne site myself back in the Hot Boys era. I neevr could listen to him. Never could admire anything he did before Katrina indeed. I think dude just switch his shit up after that...Im still not liking ALL his tracks, but i know i would be damn happy to be in studio with dude. I know i would do some ill shit because he don't seems to limitate himself beat-wise and lyrics-wise. If anyone would have told me i would bump Wayne in 2007 back in 2000,i would have spit in your face. But i must admit that i felt for his writing skills. Technically, i like his work with syllables and shit. Like his new vocab. I can feel a Mel Gibson line too...lol.

Now as far as what Wayne did for me, for now nothing, but so did 9 of the people i listen to. You need to stop expecting to get something from artist but a few minutes of good time man. You are probably in your 20's to react that way. Anyway...I recommend the leak of C3.

Thanks for the reply izm. His style of rapping I can stand by, but the stories, and his writing I can't. To me he comes off as a fake, I can see right through him. Serg presented a good innuendo with the baby talk as well. The beats he rhymes to are magnificent, but his rhymes and persona he portrays is too trying. Try 30 for my age.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

ok, you got me, what I meant to say is that I didn't actively hate on Baby, I guess I never actively liked on him either.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Let it be known that i could have run a anti-wayne site myself back in the Hot Boys era. I neevr could listen to him. Never could admire anything he did before Katrina indeed.

AND IT ONLY TOOK A CATASTROPHE FOR YOU TO ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

new jack lil wayne dick riders[/b] are annoying as fuck for me.

^^^If you listened and enjoyed lil wayne's early material as part of the hot boys on (we on fire = most awesomest cash money track evar) CMR but did not like the Carter or Carter II as much, I do not qualify you as a new jack lil wayne rider.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    (we on fire = most awesomest cash money track evar)

Nope, that would instead be "Ridin'".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    comedy rap...

cargo shorts rap

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    comedy rap...

http://www.amazon.com/As-Kosher-They-Wanna-Be/dp/B000001QQI

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

in the entire history of popular music appreciation

• Sorry anna, this shit sucks. Couldn't make it through the whole song.

• it took me until i was supremely faded to really enjoy it, but now i do for sure.

in case you were curious about the original track like i was, it's called "once" by karma (part of the group henry ate) http://www.myspace.com/1812487