Lauryn Hill Live in Norway = NAGL

Comments

• u god came so fuckin correct

Chad, I know you do not care for the one obscure_addict, but why did you have to go and hijack his login?

fake 4 rill, nobody jacked nathan.. lil dood

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

NORWAY
    July, 20th - 21st 2007
    VIKA FESTIVAL, Norway
    July, 21st 2007
    Canal Street 2007 - Arendal Jazz & Blues Festival

She could easily get better. I reckon she has a large following here, just based on her Fugee-related stuff alone, and "The Miseducation of" still pops up in a lot of CD-collections I see. That makes me even more disappointed that she??s got these racist tendencies (regarding the security thing).

I read some more and appearantly she??s not doing so well elsewhere either. She left the stage during a show in Oakland after only performing 4 songs. Her show in Copenhagen was slaughtered by the critics (her voice was compared to a "rusty car-engine"). She was booed of stage during a concert in Switzerland after GIVING THE AUDIENCE THE FINGER.

Jesus. What happened?

- J

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts

Jesus. What happened?

To her shirt? The sleeves have been filled with custard by the looks of it.

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    It's amazing how someone so talented, can be so ignorant!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Before condemning her, why don't you wait for a more definitive account than that provided by a friend of a friend of a friend of obscure addict.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    mostly unknown to me til i got put onto it.

God bless Paul C though!! not only cause one of his records was used as most of my down payment on my new car,

Before condemning her, why don't you wait for a more definitive account than that provided by a friend of a friend of a friend of obscure addict.

If you??re talking to me:

All the accounts I provided are all in either Danish or Norwegian, so instead of posting a bunch of text you probably would not have understood, I just provided a brief summary. There??s probably an American one somewhere that talks about the Oakland thing and the European concerts in relation to that.

- J

All the accounts I provided are all in either Danish or Norwegian, so instead of posting a bunch of text you probably would not have understood, I just provided a brief summary. There??s probably an American one somewhere that talks about the Oakland thing and the European concerts in relation to that.

- J

No, I was talking to "bass_fever"--the person whose post was quoted in my reply.

I've heard enough accounts of just how wacked-out her live show is to leave me with little doubt as to that point. I was referring more to the "Lauryn insists on not having white security guards" stuff, which bears a suspicious resemblance to the "Lauryn said she'd rather see her children starve than for white people to enjoy her music" rumors of a decade ago.

The woman is clearly crazy. Like talk theraby ain't gonna cut it crazy. In need of heavy medication crazy. But I still have yet to see any authoritative source repeating the various claims re: remarks about white people.

• It's amazing how someone so talented, can be so ignorant!

Faux , in soulstruts little corner of the internet you might be remembered, but in the real world your just another social security number...

please jump off my dick son, shit is getting overworkd being around here!

I have heard of numerous accounts of this behavior from her...It's a shame...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I cant see how dudes are checkin for her. She's far too gone and is not gonna do another MisEd.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Faux , in soulstruts little corner of the internet you might be remembered, but in the real world your just another social security number...

obscure_addict has memorized 85% of all Social Security numbers.

• It's amazing how someone so talented, can be so ignorant!

- J

No, I was talking to "bass_fever"--the person whose post was quoted in my reply.

I've heard enough accounts of just how wacked-out her live show is to leave me with little doubt as to that point. I was referring more to the "Lauryn insists on not having white security guards" stuff, which bears a suspicious resemblance to the "Lauryn said she'd rather see her children starve than for white people to enjoy her music" rumors of a decade ago.

The woman is clearly crazy. Like talk theraby ain't gonna cut it crazy. In need of heavy medication crazy. But I still have yet to see any authoritative source repeating the various claims re: remarks about white people.

Like I said in the first post... I heard this about her latest show earlier today on the way to work.. on power 105, from Ed Lover, so take it for what it's worth, I don't doubt him he was speaking the truth most likely... Just search Lauryn Hill quotes in google and you've got enough shit to know this lady is a certified nutjob.

This is the kinda woman who will only release a new cd for her fans when she really needs the money. IMO

This is the kinda woman who will only release a new cd for her fans when she really needs the money. IMO

What's wrong w/ that?

Should she do it for her demanding record contract?

• swissbeatzswissbeatz 152 Posts
    But I still have yet to see any authoritative source repeating the various claims re: remarks about white people.

The security guard thing is true, at least in Montreux (Switzerland).

But I still have yet to see any authoritative source repeating the various claims re: remarks about white people.

Again: let's see an authoritative source.

And to clarify: "Authoritative Source" does not = SoulStrut dudes with 16 posts or Ed Lover, who is likely simply repeating things he himself read on the internet

• swissbeatzswissbeatz 152 Posts
    I worked there and seen it with my own eyes but you're right about the 16 posts thing.

• Is there something to be gained from disproving this so-called rumor?

Is there something to be gained from disproving this so-called rumor?

Is there something to be gained be self-satisfiedly wagging one's finger at Lauryn Hill's supposed racism on the basis of a rumor floating around the internet?

Oh wait, I forgot I was on SoulStrut, where white people are always looking for reasons to feel aggrieved towards Black people.

And at no point have I sought to "disprove" the rumor; I have merely encouraged people to seek proof of it.

Why's everyone on her clit, bitch is crazy, and a talented musician... Why argue about it?

• But I still have yet to see any authoritative source repeating the various claims re: remarks about white people.

Again: let's see an authoritative source.

And to clarify: "Authoritative Source" does not = SoulStrut dudes with 16 posts or Ed Lover, who is likely simply repeating things he himself read on the internet

Who do you want one of the security guards to post up here about it?? or maybe wendy williams the queen of all media??

bw

batmon, she should do it for the love of the music... ones who do it for the love not the monetary gain get my respect for what that is worth... got it?? If your in the music biz strictly for the money your doing it all wrong..

She would want X amount of money for doing a fugees reunion, and most likely demand she gets paid more than pras or clef... that's how i view her.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Why's everyone on her clit, bitch is crazy

gross

batmon, she should do it for the love of the music... ones who do it for the love not the monetary gain get my respect for what that is worth... got it?? If your in the music biz strictly for the money your doing it all wrong..

We would all like to think that the artist is doing it for the love but dont get it twisted that there are a gang of cats in it for the cash.

Marvin Gaye's Here My Dear was initially done to fufill a court order.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    I heard she'd had at least one nervous breakdown after the, er, breakdown of her marriage. She's obviously not got her excrement together since.

Hence the dodgy shirts / hair.

I worked there and seen it with my own eyes but you're right about the 16 posts thing.

SHOW US A BACKSTAGE PASS!

Just kidding. Imagine the arrangers in Arendal faced with this kind of thing calling around rural Norway for seasoned black security guys. Hahaha.

Let??s keep it music-related:

After all this I think I??m gonna go look for a copy of "the Score". I haven??t listened to that or "the miseducation of" in ages (I left them both at an ex?? place a few years back and never got around to go get them back). I heard some of both not to long ago and thought at the time that they??d both aged really well. What do you guys think?

Oh and what??s up with Pras these days? Haven??t heard anything new from him since Ghetto Supastar, but I saw an album of his I??d never seen before sitting the bargain-bin at a local store today. Anyone heard it?

- J

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

After all this I think I??m gonna go look for a copy of "the Score". I haven??t listened to that or "the miseducation of" in ages (I left them both at an ex?? place a few years back and never got around to go get them back). I heard some of both not to long ago and thought at the time that they??d both aged really well. What do you guys think?

there's still some joints on there, but honestly I heard it a year or two ago and the "rapping" is really embarrassing on there. I know they were never some superscientifical lyricists but really it's mostly pretty bad. and I'm not just talking about Pras.

back to the topic: please I would like to see some substantiated Lauryn-hates-white-people stories. these rumors have been swirling for years and it's approaching bigfoot status. like, she's been around a long time, has done a ton of shows, and has worked with hundreds of people.

is it really possible at this point that if her supposed white hatteury is real that there's no hard evidence of it anywhere?

there's still some joints on there, but honestly I heard it a year or two ago and the "rapping" is really embarrassing on there. I know they were never some superscientifical lyricists but really it's mostly pretty bad. and I'm not just talking about Pras.

Only thing I found around the house was "The Carnival".

Now THAT has not aged well.

- J

• back to the topic: please I would like to see some substantiated Lauryn-hates-white-people stories. these rumors have been swirling for years and it's approaching bigfoot status. like, she's been around a long time, has done a ton of shows, and has worked with hundreds of people.

is it really possible at this point that if her supposed white hatteury is real that there's no hard evidence of it anywhere?
    The whole Lauryn Hill-hates-white-people has certainly become the now new millenium urban legend.

Although i'm pretty sure she said the following ???I would rather have my children starve than have white people buy my albums.??? She said that.. and not only is it a crazy statement, but it appears to suggest she would let her children starve and die..

My posts we're certainly not to say she had no talent, cause the fugees we're a part of hiphop history responsible for a few serious heaters.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Say if she doesn't like white people, would it be a big deal to anyone?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Say if she doesn't like white people, would it be a big deal to anyone?

totally not.

I never bought any of her albums, she's ehhhh on the mic, James Poyser basically created her anyway.

I just think it's funny the fact that she hates white people has become part of her persona and no one's really been able to substantiate it for me.