Lauryn Hill Live in Norway = NAGL

obscure_addictobscure_addict 869 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Lauryn Hill - Last weekend she did a Live show in Norway.. did anyone attend?? I heard that she had some crazy off the wall rules!Some of them we're that the entire security staff could not consist of any whites, nobody could talk to her at all unless she talked to you first. Nobody was allowed to walk past her backstage. one of the security people forgot the rules and spoke to her or something. She must be crazy heard she was throwing water bottles and whatever at the security guy, also I think they said the power went out and when it came back on she refused to continue... so everyone is demanding a refund.Heard this on power 105 earlier today.. has this woman really lost her mind??!?I'm saying Lauryn Hill =

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you were really in touch and have actually been to 85% of hip hop shows, you would have known that she has been like this for a while.

• Briiiii was I posting like I never heard of her antics? Me thinks not..

File her under uplifting music that isn't bullshit. I'm saying it's 2007 and heads are still paying to see her even with the way she treats people.

No doubt 85% of her audience in Norway was all white.. she bites the hand that feeds her.

p.s. I've yet to hear or read about even one rap track that is unknown to me from a soulstrut poster.. feel free to school me anytime with at least a few hundred bangers. Until that time eatadicup like J-Zone said...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Wow on so many levels in this thread.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I've yet to hear or read about even one rap track that is unknown to me from a soulstrut poster.. feel free to school me anytime with at least a few hundred bangers.

Do have Rampage - EPMD w/out E-Double's verse? Just LL & PMD w/ different lyrics than the official?
    How about the unreleased song from Peoples Instinctive Travels - ATCQ - Native Toungues?

• she's playing for free here in brooklyn on the 6th. I'm thinkin of going. perhaps in flatbush the scene will be a bit different? maybe not. still, I'd like to see the raging storm first-hand and so would my lady.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I've yet to hear or read about even one rap track that is unknown to me from a soulstrut poster..

I haven't heard 85% of the rap out there, so this is a shot in the dark, but have you heard Run DMC - Peter Piper WITHOUT THE BELLS?

• I've yet to hear or read about even one rap track that is unknown to me from a soulstrut poster..

I haven't heard 85% of the rap out there, so this is a shot in the dark, but have you heard Run DMC - Peter Piper WITHOUT THE BELLS?

All you guys can come up with are alternate unoffical unreleased versions of tracks?? And Batmon.. please believe I never said I owned it all, i've just been around and around and around the block. Let's forget about different mixed down tracks and best of unreleased slum village & rare b sides.. Midwest nerd rap might be where I missed a couple hundred releases.. or even some of the unknown canadian heads.. that shit dj mastermind plays on his mixtapes was mostly unknown to me til i got put onto it.

bw

I saw the Fugees back in the mid 90s and it was one of the best shows i've ever seen live in person. They rocked the crowd properly and put on a great performance...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I've yet to hear or read about even one rap track that is unknown to me from a soulstrut poster..

All you guys can come up with are alternate unoffical unreleased versions of tracks??

That was a joke, dude. Biz Markie and his legendary copy of Mardi Gras without the bells? Anyway, how about this:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

All you guys can come up with are alternate unoffical unreleased versions of tracks?? And Batmon.. please believe I never said I owned it all, i've just been around and around and around the block. Let's forget about different mixed down tracks and best of unreleased slum village & rare b sides.. Midwest nerd rap might be where I missed a couple hundred releases.. or even some of the unknown canadian heads.. that shit dj mastermind plays on his mixtapes was mostly unknown to me til i got put onto it.

Dude, you've already admitted to not having heard the majority of Jay-z's albums.

And Batmon.. please believe I never said I owned it all, i've just been around and around and around the block.

• Yeah when you posted them sealed... i was tempted to msg you greatbluehills.. but i did not want to be that desperate dood, i found one pretty much vg- when i found all my rusty the toejammer wax

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Ob_Ad knows the real.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Dude, you've already admitted to not having heard the majority of Jay-z's albums.

I don't understad people who are chasing the most obscure Paul C ish without having copped Eric B & Rakim records. Some people have their business backwards & sweat the raer without having checked a lot of dope common albums . I don't think Ob_Ad is one of these folks, but its funny phenomenon.

• I've yet to hear or read about even one rap track that is unknown to me from a soulstrut poster..

I don't understad people who are chasing the most obscure Paul C ish without having copped Eric B & Rakim records. Some people have their business backwards & sweat the raer without having checked a lot of dope common albums . I don't think Ob_Ad is one of these folks, but its funny phenomenon.

Hahhah yeah.... God bless Paul C though!! not only cause one of his records was used as most of my down payment on my new car, but cause he was a great guy in the world of hiphop... I sweat Paul C, but for all the right reasons...

edit* I should add that Ultramagnetic MC's are where I orig got put onto Paul C back in the early 90s..

and.. r.i.p. bro, whoever did that dirt deserves to rot in hell!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    And Batmon.. please believe I never said I owned it all, i've just been around and around and around the block.

^^^^ hahaha ob addict: you got the yellow hankerchief hanging out the left back pocket, or the red one in your front pocket? what you got?

PS that movie is an Ed O'Neil raer.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    if you were really in touch and have actually been to 85% of hip hop shows,

i've been to AT LEAST 85% of hip hop shows.

keeps me busy.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I don't understad people who are chasing the most obscure Paul C ish without having copped Eric B & Rakim records. Some people have their business backwards & sweat the raer without having checked a lot of dope common albums .

Welcome to Soulstrut.[/b]

Same as it ever was.

• if you were really in touch and have actually been to 85% of hip hop shows,

i've been to AT LEAST 85% of hip hop shows.

keeps me busy.

Musta seen a lotta wackass shows... I can't say more than 10 or 20 hiphop artists are worth seeing live, unless you like hearing rappers who sound nothing like studio recordings or better yet ones who can't hold down a stage properly.

Musta seen a lotta wackass shows... I can't say more than 10 or 20 hiphop artists are worth seeing live, unless you like hearing rappers who sound nothing like studio recordings or better yet ones who can't hold down a stage properly.

just 20?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    or even some of the unknown canadian heads.. that shit dj mastermind plays on his mixtapes was mostly unknown to me til i got put onto it.

This shit gave me a laugh.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I saw her this year and it was amazing. I can't put into words how crazy that shit was.

I saw her this year and it was amazing. I can't put into words how crazy that shit was.

In a good or a bad way?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Some of them we're that the entire security staff could not consist of any whites

She sounds unfamilar with the racial demographic of Scandinavia

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

In a good or a bad way?

Definetly not bad, but good coudn't really describe it either. It was something I've never seen before in my life. Her show had to be cut short so she hushed the crowd and with no microphone sung this really great accapella song. I don't know if it was hers or some old late 60's soul track but it was fresh. I was like in the 3rd or 4th row and the whole venue was leaning forward trying to hear her sing.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

In a good or a bad way?

Definetly not bad, but good coudn't really describe it either. It was something I've never seen before in my life. Her show had to be cut short so she hushed the crowd and with no microphone sung this really great accapella song. I don't know if it was hers or some old late 60's soul track but it was fresh. I was like in the 3rd or 4th row and the whole venue was leaning forward trying to hear her sing.

I can't lie - her unplugged album was incredible in some parts and when I saw the video I actually got a likkle choked up

• I can't say more than 10 or 20 hiphop artists are worth seeing live

i am curious, who rates as a good live hip-hop act in yer opinion?

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Some of them we're that the entire security staff could not consist of any whites

b/w how did I miss hearing about this? Do you know where in Norway it was?

- J

• Seeing the entire wu tang clan live when they we're at the top of the game mid 90s! I dont wanna pay to see a show where someone just sounds like screaming on a mic, u god came so fuckin correct that dood sounds spot on to his recorded voice.

If your voice is getting a super studio makeover i'm not wasting my time seeing ya live. I've prob been to at least a few hundred shows from the small packed venue to the large stadiums.. Not many we're memorable.

• Some of them we're that the entire security staff could not consist of any whites

b/w how did I miss hearing about this? Do you know where in Norway it was?

- J

NORWAY
    July, 20th - 21st 2007
    VIKA FESTIVAL, Norway
    July, 21st 2007
    Canal Street 2007 - Arendal Jazz & Blues Festival
    ITALY
    July, 24th 2007
    Lauryn Hill at Lucca Jazz Festival 2007 in LUCCA
    FRANCE
    July, 25th 2007
    Lauryn Hill at Nice Jazz Festival 2007
    NETHERLANDS
    July, 26th 2007
    Lauryn Hill with Band at Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam
    BELGIUM
    July, 27th 2007
    Suikkerock 2007 Festival in Tiennen, Belgium
    CZECH REPUBLIC
    July, 28th 2007
    Music in the Park Festival 2007 in Praha (Prague), Chez Republic
    USA
    August, 06th 2007
    FREE CONCERT! Martin Luther King Concert Series
    An Evening with Lauryn Hill and Special Guests

u god came so fuckin correct

Chad, I know you do not care for the one obscure_addict, but why did you have to go and hijack his login?