Rap album you've listened to the most

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I might suggest this as well...

Could it be the gangsta rap is more disposable? Ie., doesn't hold up as well under repeated spins?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Could it be the gangsta rap is more disposable? Ie., doesn't hold up as well under repeated spins?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And Yaggfu Front just keeps sounding better with each listen?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    But yeah no TuPac is kinda surprising then again there are other factors at hand....

Like the "Tupac is overrated" factor?

Pac is possible the only rap artist that talking greasy about can get seriously HURT! Many Black
    Rap fans even just the casual ones light see Pac in a light that others rap fans (White and "True Head" brigade) don't. I almost lost friendship taking about Pac. He represents the bizarre contradiction of being both African AND American and Male post Civil Rights. He's Bigger than Hip Hop.

I wasnt gonna say it.

Regardless,is image doesnt translate into listening IMO. And you cant use Soulstrut as a gauge for the average Hip Hop listener/consumer.

For the record. His MCing isnt that great IMO. But if you wanna go there please create another thread.

Where is Snoop up in herr for that matter in terms of popularity?

No big deal to me.

NO

But yeah no TuPac is kinda surprising then again there are other factors at hand....

Pac is possible the only rap artist that talking greasy about can get seriously HURT! Many Black
    Rap fans even just the casual ones light see Pac in a light that others rap fans (White and "True Head" brigade) don't. I almost lost friendship taking about Pac. He represents the bizarre contradiction of being both African AND American and Male post Civil Rights. He's Bigger than Hip Hop.

I wasnt gonna say it.

Well, a lot of white people ride hard for Pac, too--there's no other way to sell that many records.

It's a very particular type of white rap fan that doesn't get Pac, and we happen to have a disproportionately large number of those types on SoulStrut. Dudes that have Rural Still Life on their wall.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

And Yaggfu Front just keeps sounding better with each listen?

ha!

Maybe this belongs in one of the confession threads, but I probably listened to the Thug Life album more than either All Eyez on Me or Strictly 4 My N.I.*.*.A.Z.

Color me disconnected, I guess.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    THUG LIFE YOU PANSIES.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 2PAC OR SNOOP, YOU GET A SNOW CONE TO THE EAR HOLE. DEAL.

I wasnt gonna say it.

Well, a lot of white people ride hard for Pac, too--there's no other way to sell that many records.

It's a very particular type of white rap fan that doesn't get Pac, and we happen to have a disproportionately large number of those types on SoulStrut. Dudes that have Rural Still Life on their wall.

I wasnt gonna say it......

On the real -

I dont own a TuPac album. But ill be damned if all my peers werent picking up Makevelli part 7 w/ the clone mc - talmbout " I think that's really him on track 6."

For the record. His MCing isnt that great IMO. But if you wanna go there please create another thread.

I don't really feel like arguing about it, but I will never understand why anyone, let alone so many, insist on saying this absolute bullshit about Pac.

Check that...maybe he's a rapper rather than an MC... whatever ...he was still more incredible at reaching his audience in a meaningful way than any other rapper EVER...and I'm not talking about his image, but his rapping alone.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts

I don't really feel like arguing about it, but I will never understand why anyone, let alone so many, insist on saying this absolute bullshit about Pac.

Check that...maybe he's a rapper rather than an MC... whatever ...he was still more incredible at reaching his audience in a meaningful way than any other rapper EVER...and I'm not talking about his image, but his rapping alone.

Like Che . Same amount of screened Pro-CLub t-shirts sold.

True, but u have to factor in listeners age and region.

I'm go ahead and say I live in the same region as you since I live only about 90 miles from New York City.
    You mean to tell me in the Brooklyn born Tupac (YesI know he repped the West) wasn't on heavy rotation in NY??

-------------------------------------

Are those NYC cats here on SoulStrut?

Of course he got play. That's doesnt mean he got THE MOST PLAY.

Dont get it twisted.

And Philly and The Bronx is not the same region. Sorry.

I whole-heartedly agree.

That says more about his audience than the art.

Check that...maybe he's a rapper rather than an MC...

Explain?

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts

That's what I meant. Still that's alot of T-shirts between the two of them (Che and Pac. Dude, I forgot about Bob MArley)

Okay then, I'll continue to ride with "those people" and you go ride with the Anticon crew.

Okay then, I'll continue to ride with "those people" and you go ride with the Anticon crew.

Who's Anticon?

C'mon you cant paint me as some backpacker cat.

Pac's fan demographic is much more diverse than most rap artists. Doesn't that say something about his art, more than it does his audience?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    it's funny.. most of the time, the people that have the most negative shit to say about pac are the same people who have heard the least of his music.

Pac's fan demographic is much more diverse than most rap artists. Doesn't that say something about his art, more than it does his audience?

NO.

There's a gang of folks who ride for many big artists who I wouldnt even consider talkin to about Hip Hop.

it's funny.. most of the time, the people that have the most negative shit to say about pac are the same people who have heard the least of his music.

True. Dudes that will insist that "I Get Around" was the high point of his career.

Who's Anticon?

I can't make you hear what I'm hearing either.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Awwww yeah, 10-page Tupac argument. Let's get it on, folls and clonns!

I wasnt gonna say it.

Regardless,is image doesnt translate into listening IMO. And you cant use Soulstrut as a gauge for the average Hip Hop listener/consumer.

No big deal to me.

I think it this is the typical response I expected. But Pac's delivery what more about Cartharsis and presense than gymnastics. That's where he out weights his competition. He's not going to spit a dictionary at you in a monotone voice an expect you to be amazed like a Rakim?? Sidenote:(Then scratch his head at his lack popularity like the average NY.)

If he were alive you would've discarded him along time ago.

Who's Anticon?

I wasnt gonna say it.

No big deal to me.

I think it this is the typical response I expected. But Pac's delivery what more about Cartharsis and presense than gymnastics. That's where he out weights his competition. He's not going to spit a dictionary at you in a monotone voice an expect you to be amazed like a Rakim?? Sidenote:(Then scratch his head at his lack popularity like the average NY.)

That's bullshit. Scarface doesn't even rap anymore and he has yet to be "discarded".

NO.

There's a gang of folks who ride for many big artists who I wouldnt even consider talkin to about Hip Hop.

Stylistically, there's dudes much better, but his underlying messages are so raw in emotion that there's no denying that when a 2pac song goes on, everyone knows it and it's gameover.

Wordplay and style is cool and all, but most of the shit that rappers say doesn't resonate to the effect that a 2pac song does.

I wasnt gonna say it.

No big deal to me.

That's bullshit. Scarface doesn't even rap anymore and he has yet to be "discarded".

Your see a parallel in Scarface's career and Tupac's?

Brad got the same media attention and movies?