these go to 11...essential metal LPs

13»

Comments

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts

What was up with these dudes coming out with a song about Marvel Comics' Wolverine?
    Wolverine Blues is a tight EP! It goes for loot on its comic value apparently. That was when Entombed started to branch out from deathy thrash.

Howsabout

I'll see you, and raise you...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

I had soo much crazy sex in the front seat of my '73 Chevelle after seeing Machine Head and Slayer at the Kaiser in Oakland. Just seeing that cover brings back stupid memories.

Everytime I'd see her after that night, she'd scream "Let freedom reign with a shotgun blaaaaaaaaast", quoting their David Koresh anthem. MetalSexMemoriesRaer

I had to pull that Celtic Frost record out, cause I haven't listened to it in about 10 years.

If you little dudes need educating, Aquarius is probably the best place to start. They have thousands and thousands of metal records in stock:

http://aquariusrecords.org/cat/metal.html
    http://aquariusrecords.org/cat/metalblack.html
    http://aquariusrecords.org/cat/metalblackmetal.html
    http://aquariusrecords.org/cat/metalstonerrock.html

• And i cant find images but:

His Hero Is Gone
    Charles Bronson
    Asshole Parade
    Agents Of Satan
    Thoughts Of Ionesco
    Excruciating Terror
    Cattle Decapitation
    The Disease (1st 7". Thats my homie Dru (davinci) on traps)
    Guyana Punch Line (Davinci now on Bass for them. Dude is RAW AS FUCK!!)

Its really too bad, my WHOLE record collection from like the time i was 15 till 19 was stolen about 5 years ago. I havent really kept up with this steez in a LONG time...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

howsabout?

West Contra Costa stand the fuck up! These were high school friends of mine. Roadied for them in 10th grade.

Might I add that W. Contra Costa sported 3 of the heaviest bands in the U.S. at this time.

Pinole & Hercules had Possessed. Exodus were spread out around Pinole, Richmond, El Cerrito, etc. And when Metallica moved out of L.A. they lived in El Cerrito. Plus Kirk Hammet started in Exodus and then defected to Metallica.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Metallica "Mater of Puppets"
    later day sins ignored, this LP lit a fire under a lot of folks asses...RIP Cliff

Although placing "Reign In Blood" at #1 immediately validated your approach to this thread, and cuts you slack on other choices, it is a serious mistake to choose "Master" as the essential Metallica LP.

I have had many a beer-fueled dork-fest roundtable on this very point, I still have to say "Master" is superior to "Ride", although "ride" is a rawer record, it doesnt have the power of "master" IMO..."Battery", "Damage Inc.", "Disposable Heros" and I say "Orion" is Cliff's finest moment(yes, even better than Kill Em's "pulling teeth"), while there are some killer tracks on "ride"...I think "Master" is an all around better LP..IMO of course.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    "Damage Inc."

Jesus Christ, this song rips.

Now, imagine the same track with the production of "Ride the Lightning" instead of the (slightly more) compressed sound of "Master."

Let's just say the essential Metallica LP is some mythological hybrid of the two...or better yet, let's say fuck it and get drunk listening to "Kill 'em All."

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Unfuckwithable!!!

A member of this band used to post on here...

I'm unsure if 'power violence' would be considered 'metal' though...

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

For some reason I started collecting these eddie poster in high school, then one day I thought to myself, "What is wrong with you?" then I ripped that garbage down and that was that... I liked the artwork or something...

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Can't believe no one has mentioned this one yet:

The "March of the S.O.D" intro rif is oh so

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Can't believe no one has mentioned this one yet:

Yea, this last page has gotten into distinction-qualifying territory. Plaese to post Modern Soul-like distinctions for metal:

Thrash
    GrindCore
    Crossover
    Punk
    Death Metal
    Black Metal
    Stoner Metal
    Speed Metal
    Thrash Metal Crossover Punk