TERROR

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Peace to all in the UK, hope you guys are all ok and stay safe. -M

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'm glad they are catching these fools. Cot damn, what a way to kick off the morning.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm glad I got back when I did. Be safe people.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fucking assholes.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    latest stats: 6 dead, 600 casualties.

Oh shit, that's from last week's flooding. GET ON MY LEVEE!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ^ Give me a fucking break. Neither the time nor the place.

I'm just glad that there were no casualties from the 3 planned UK car attacks (so far).

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

I'm just glad that there were no casualties from the 3 planned UK car attacks (so far).

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah it's all going more than little insane at the moment. Guess I should have expected something like this to come along with the Blair/Brown swap - as Luck says, I'm just thankful that, considering the intended targets, there have been no casualties.

Kinda get the feeling this isn't the end of it.

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    Strikes, terrorist bombs... we've gone back to the 80s.

it's been a while since I had to run through the streets of my city, getting away from vans loaded with explosives, I was faster back then & I'm not relishing having to do it again!

amen
    peace to all our brethren out there

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

it's been a while since I had to run through the streets of my city, getting away from vans loaded with explosives, I was faster back then & I'm not relishing having to do it again!

get used to it.

Fucking assholes.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Oh sorry, I thought this was a current events thread. Now I see it's a political one.

Personally, I was shocked that a man literally died in the hands of emergency crews after he got his foot stuck in a drain as the waters rose. 4 hours of failed attemps to either free him or create some sort of life support for him. And then he drowned in front of them. I'd hate to think those crews had spent most of last year preparing for "terror." You know that's what they got increased funding for, not natural disasters. And now the flood victims are having to keep looters out of their houses on their own, probably because the police are busy looking for some deranged youths.

More floods on the way. Just some perspective.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to your shared outrage.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Oh sorry, I thought this was a current events thread. Now I see it's a political one.

Personally, I was shocked that a man literally died in the hands of emergency crews after he got his foot stuck in a drain as the waters rose. 4 hours of failed attemps to either free him or create some sort of life support for him. And then he drowned in front of them. I'd hate to think those crews had spent most of last year preparing for "terror." You know that's what they got increased funding for, not natural disasters. And now the flood victims are having to keep looters out of their houses on their own, probably because the police are busy looking for some deranged youths.

Look, moron: I'm not racing to bring up Darfur to trump your ass, because Darfur and floods and tornadoes and the Loch Ness Fucking Monster have nothing to do with the fact that the potential loss of thousands of lives has just been averted HERE and NOW. I'm not on the Bush/Blair bandwagon simply because I CARE ABOUT HUMAN LIVES. Seriously: fuck you for injecting irrelevance into this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Look, moron: I'm not racing to bring up Darfur to trump your ass, because Darfur and floods and tornadoes and the Loch Ness Fucking Monster have nothing to do with the fact that the potential loss of thousands of lives has just been averted HERE and NOW. I'm not on the Bush/Blair bandwagon simply because I CARE ABOUT HUMAN LIVES. Seriously: fuck you for injecting irrelevance into this.

Hahah, seriously.

Fucking assholes.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

ahaha. What does Darfur aka "the trump card" have to do with the UK this weekend?

thousands??? Get real. Those kinds of numbers apply only to Al Qaeda and the US deathtolls.

The "Cell" they are looking for is related to the Iraq war, not 9/11 and Bin Laden. Stop being a freakout. So are you now linking the WoT with the War for Liberation of Iraq? Tail wag Dog, I guess PNAC's job is done.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Just to square you up, the man trapped in the drain died of hypothermia, not drowning.

ahaha. What does Darfur aka "the trump card" have to do with the UK this weekend?

thousands??? Get real. Those kinds of numbers apply only to Al Qaeda and the US deathtolls.

The "Cell" they are looking for is related to the Iraq war, not 9/11 and Bin Laden. Stop being a freakout. So are you now linking the WoT with the War for Liberation of Iraq? Tail wag Dog, I guess PNAC's job is done.

dude. SHUT. UP.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm 45 minutes from Glasgow, I was out at the Vinyl Vulture meet when this all went down... I think I'm going to stay indoors for the next week or so... kinda nutty...

y'all some loonies
    peace to the UK headz, that is all

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I'm 45 minutes from Glasgow, I was out at the Vinyl Vulture meet when this all went down... I think I'm going to stay indoors for the next week or so... kinda nutty...

hide out inside, it will all eventually just go away.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

hide out inside, it will all eventually just go away.

no one's hiding, I'm staying inside so I can write PMs to you...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Stay safe Geezahs.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    I do like the Scottish reaction, whereas most people tend to run away from terrorists it has been reported some Scots ran towards them to put the boot in, when he was on the floor in flame.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I do like the Scottish reaction, whereas most people tend to run away from terrorists it has been reported some Scots ran towards them to put the boot in, when he was on the floor in flame.

Props to the Scots........there are some folks here in the U.S. who would have run towards him, put out the flames and then helped him find a good lawyer.

To all the people around the world who might be targeted by these sub-human scumbags......be careful and keep safe.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Props to the Scots........there are some folks here in the U.S. who would have run towards him, put out the flames and then helped him find a good lawyer.

That's because this is America and everyone deserves legal representation, no matter what their accused offense is.

To all the people around the world who might be targeted by these sub-human scumbags......be careful and keep safe.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

That's because this is America and every American Citizen[/b] deserves legal representation, no matter what their accused offense is.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Police have declined to identify any of the suspects, but British television and newspapers identified one who was arrested on the M6 motorway as Mohammed Asha. The doctor is believed to work at the North Staffordshire Hospital, near the Midlands town of Newcastle-under-Lyme, where police searched a house on Sunday. The hospital refused to comment.

Asha is a Jordanian-educated physician who moved to England with his family two years ago, according to a source in Jordan.

Those who witnessed the flaming Jeep Cherokee smash into the airport Saturday said one of the passengers was shouting "Allah" as he fought with police and a second man set himself on fire.

what a crazy world we live in. Prayers to all of them. So sad.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Scots =

After putting up with the (former) IRA threats for over 20 years, most British people have zero sympathy/empathy for terrorists or their ilk. Now that I have a kid and the feeling of responsibility that comes with it, I sure as shit would get a few swift kicks to the ribs in if I was there.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    While a few Scots sticking the boot in may seem admirable the knock on affects aren't... Later in the same day 5 Scottish men in Glasgow grabbed an Asian man, pulled him into a stairwell and stabbed him as some weird sort of revenge...