Online Racism

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
So I've been lurking on some other message boards lately, and I was shocked to discover the virulent racism espoused by some people, even when they are aware that ethnic minorities are present...It's bad enough to make a war-weary veteran like me cringe. FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1119385006coselmed">

How does SoulStrut rank compared to some of the other online communities you participate in?[/b]"SoulStrut represents a new paradigm in racial tolerance.""Despite the occasional ignorant comment and abuse of Ebonics, SoulStrut is pretty cool.""Thanks to SoulStrut, I now have some black friends to discuss my love affair with African American cultural production. Who cares if I only speak to them through the internet?""Not a day goes by without someone saying something about race on SoulStrut that I find objectionable.""Racist? Nah...The only thing this place is guilty of is being a hotbed of sexism and homophobia!" INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "Racist? Nah...The only thing this place is guilty of is being a hotbed of sexism and homophobia!"

saying

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1119385006coselmed">

"Despite the occasional ignorant comment and abuse of Ebonics, SoulStrut is pretty cool."

"Not a day goes by without someone saying something about race on SoulStrut that I find objectionable."

Can I choose both?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you forgot this option:

-Soulstrut is a hotbed for white liberal guilt in which it is ok to think less of people based on thier skin color but only if they are anglo

thats the one that gets my vote

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    you forgot this option:

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1119385884Sooks">

[/b]
    Soulstrut is a hotbed for white liberal guilt in which it is ok to think less of people based on thier skin color but only if they are angloINPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

in canada anglo is short for anglophone, or english-only speaking folks. Like francophone. I assume you meant something different..

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you forgot this option:

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1119385884Sooks">

[/b]
    Soulstrut is a hotbed for white liberal guilt in which it is ok to think less of people based on thier skin color but only if they are angloINPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

in canada anglo is short for anglophone, or english-only speaking folks. Like francophone. I assume you meant something different..

yeah I meant anglo as in white.

anyone want to guess how many pages this thread is gonna end up being?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    you forgot this option:

I don't think I did; you missed a word.

-Soulstrut is a hotbed for white liberal guilt in which it is not[/b] ok to think less of people based on thier skin color but only if they are anglo

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    you forgot this option:

-Soulstrut is a hotbed for white liberal guilt in which it is ok to think less of people based on thier skin color but only if they are anglo

Co-sign! Can I change my vote now?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

yeah I meant anglo as in white.

anyone want to guess how many pages this thread is gonna end up being?
    I only think less of people based on the whiteness of their skin when it comes to their opinions on issues of/or related to Blackness.

4 pages by 7pm EST, easy.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I only think less of people based on the whiteness of their skin when it comes to their opinions on issues of/or related to Blackness.

Yeah, because white people can't possibly have valid opinions on black culture.

9 pages within the next three hours.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

without a doubt... This site has taught me that people who claim to be against racism make more of a point of pointing out skin color in non-joking ways than anyone else.

file under: the new and improved "you wouldn't understand its a eskimo thing"

or

"Overcompensation really means I'm down with the cause...no really it does"

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Perhaps I should have added this:

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    i'm starting to really hate this place.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I voted for #2, with a write-in for

[polloption=Thanks to SoulStrut, I now have some Asian-American friends to discuss our love affair with African American cultural production. Who cares if I only speak to them through the internet?]

i'm starting to really hate this place.

Ye jest yet ye jock king most nonetheless.

naw i'm serious, some of these dudes ...man I can't even beging to speak on 'em.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

[polloption=Thanks to SoulStrut, I now have some Asian-American friends to discuss our love affair with African American cultural production. Who cares if I only speak to them through the internet?]

ding ding ding

YOU
    RAWK!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    naw i'm serious, some of these dudes ...man I can't even begin to speak on 'em.

Yup.

I'm especially enjoying reading the doozies on this thread while checking in on the Edgar Ray Killen thread now and then.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    naw i'm serious, some of these dudes ...man I can't even beging to speak on 'em.

this wasn't directed at me was it?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    you forgot this option:

Why are you getting your crust in a ruffle over white people being made to feel guilty, poptart?

Haven't you expended tremendous effort in attempting to convince the forum to share in your delusion that you're not white?

ding ding ding

YOU
    RAWK!

Hi new Asian-American friend! Isn't African American cultural production neat! Hey, speaking as a "honky" (it's ok to call me that - I can take it, and probably deserve it), I want to know - are you able to enjoy black genius music even without the self-hating Anglo liberal guilt that makes it so fun for me? Just curious!

"Holla back my niggle!"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you forgot this option:

Why are you getting your crust in a ruffle over white people being made to feel guilty, poptart?

Haven't you expended tremendous effort in attempting to convince the forum to share in your delusion that you're not white?

funny how you get angry about this, almost as if I touched a nerve. Your right I still don't view myself as white and considering the anti-semitism I've had to face that many wasps don't I'll continue to claim that.

I just find it disgusting that white dudes somehow think they are more understanding or down with equality when they bash the white race; Shits pathetic.

• pathetic

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hi S***n

this wasn't directed at me was it?

Young Guz:

You're my e-woadie and all but maybe it was directed at you. I've read so many SUPREMELY SUSPECT responses by so many soulstrutters that I can't even keep track.I've seen so many threads in the past 2-3 weeks alone that I sit and say to myself "are these dudes for real? am in the twilight fucking zone?"

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    the white race

White ain't a race. And dare I say, neither is Jewish.

the white race

NOW this thread is going to kick ass!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the white race

NOW this thread is going to kick ass!

WORD!

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    the white race

is green?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    you forgot this option:

funny how you get angry about this, almost as if I touched a nerve. Your right I still don't view myself as white and considering the anti-semitism I've had to face that many wasps don't I'll continue to claim that.

I just find it disgusting that white dudes somehow think they are more understanding or down with equality when they bash the white race; Shits pathetic.

You're the only one that's in a tizzy here, Guzzle.

I just asked you a couple of questions, and have yet to really assert a perspective of my own in this thread.

I will say that I don't think I've ever encountered any bashing of white people on here, though.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

I will say that I don't think I've ever encountered any bashing of white people on here, though.

But a hacky sack is obviously the first sign of an impending apocalypse.