NBA Draft Results

2»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    And the Spurs pick... a foreigner! Anyone know anything about Tiago? I've never heard of him.

Another big man to give Duncan some help. Seems like a good pickup to me.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    And the Spurs pick... a foreigner! Anyone know anything about Tiago? I've never heard of him.

Another big man to give Duncan some help. Seems like a good pickup to me.

No doubt. We've been going through them lately though, I wonder if this guy has staying power...

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    He's been playing in Europe under some crazy contract that makes him really expensive to bring to America. He may not show up in San Antonio for years, if ever.

Yeah? Interesting, thanks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    He's been playing in Europe under some crazy contract that makes him really expensive to bring to America. He may not show up in San Antonio for years, if ever.
    I think i just saw a guy from Finland get drafted. That has to be a first.

I've heard it's one million dollars and one year....2009....apparently he's a taller AK-47-like player.....I know Dallas liked him.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

I think i just saw a guy from Finland get drafted. That has to be a first.
    yeah, philly got him. me and sampo hooked it up.

anyone know anything about thaddeus young???

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    yall see corey brewer lookin' mad happy? yo, dude was HAPPY. lolololols!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

hey, i'd be happy too!

hey, i'd be happy too!

Money is the reason why Team USA didn't get gold in the World Championships.

I'm speaking gibberish, ALMOST 6000.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I don't really understand this trade for Portland. Is s. francis's contract expiring soon? And even so why does Portland want cap room, all of their best players are rookies and sophmores. Zach Randolph is a seriously capable scorer who could realistically be an all star in the eastern conference, but him and Curry together might be an awkward front court.

Not sure if you caught it, but they just addressed all of this a bit ago. Portland's goal is not just to acquire talent, but to rebuild the spirit of basketball in their city (basically, they wanted to get rid of the bums and start fresh). They aren't going to the finals or anything next year, but 3 to 4 years from now, with the nucleus they've just created, they could be pretty dominant. I don't even think Francis or Frye are really even a factor, but Frye could be an asset to the team, depends how they use him.

As you may know here we call them the jailblazers. They became a team that people didn't want their kids watching. Attendance fell off to the point where the old trick of giving tickets away still couldn't fill the arena. Paul Allen has totally mismanaged the team, ripped off the city, ripped of small time local suppliers by having one of his shell companies declare bankruptcy so he wouldn't have to pay people. Like the local company that supplied the golf carts to Arena maintenance. Paul Allen the 3rd richest guy in the world got them free and the golf cart supplier went out of business. Basically the city of Portland hates the trailblazers and Paul Allen. So I guess they trying to get nice clean cut young guys. But who knows what millions of dollars and Lake Oswego are going to do to a 20yo? Kids might not handle it well.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I want next season to start NOW !

I want next season to start NOW !

HELL YEA PLAYA. I'm ready.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Word round the campfire is that Frye is desired player, Franchise will score a few buckets and maybe get released. Who's the Finnish dude we got the rights to? McRoberts might be a nice addition. Getting rid of Zach is going to help a lot with team chemistry. Just like we dumped ball hogging Sidney Wicks in 76 (our leading scorer and a legit all star) to make way for the Walton era.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Word round the campfire is that Frye is desired player, Franchise will score a few buckets and maybe get released. Who's the Finnish dude we got the rights to? McRoberts might be a nice addition. Getting rid of Zach is going to help a lot with team chemistry. Just like we dumped ball hogging Sidney Wicks in 76 (our leading scorer and a legit all star) to make way for the Walton era.

McRoberts is chump change. He's got some good passing skills, but is slow footed on d, and is mostly a face up, jump shooting forward. There's a reason he went so far down in the draft.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I was thinking that he might be a decent rebounding back up power forward which we could use.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I was thinking that he might be a decent rebounding back up power forward which we could use.

I think jump shooting is going to be his forte, not rebounding.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think I like the trade for the Knicks. A lot of times these players man, you put em in some place like Portland and it is like a kid in a studio apartment hopped up on sugar sticks.

On the other hand, frye was really supposed to step up, I always liked him, he has a lot of hype to him, but he didn't really live up to it out here. He'll be a good role player for you guys though. Not really tough enough for NY I think.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I think I like the trade for the Knicks. A lot of times these players man, you put em in some place like Portland and it is like a kid in a studio apartment hopped up on sugar sticks.

On the other hand, frye was really supposed to step up, I always liked him, he has a lot of hype to him, but he didn't really live up to it out here. He'll be a good role player for you guys though. Not really tough enough for NY I think.

I think both teams did well here. The cap room alone is worth it for us. Z-Bo is a proven double double power forward which can only help NYC. Just hope the bright lights don't take him down. My neighbor has partied with him quite a bit and says old boy is a bit of a nut.