NBA Draft Results

SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Not really any huge surprises yet, except maybe the wierd Boston Seattle trade. Thoughts?

Comments

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Sacramento took the big white guy. That franchise is going downhill.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    That big white guy is actually pretty good, they just need to whip him into shape. He's got the skills. I thought it was a good pick for them.

there were definitely better guys available. I guess I just have visions of all the other slow 7 foot center projects that have gone in the lottery.

• What happened w/ Randolph to NY? Who did Portland get? I missed it.

Portland gets Channing Frye and Steve Francis. As a portland fan, I must say that I think they could have gotten better for Zach Randolph.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm excited about that kid, Yi Lianjian on the Bucks. He's a athletic big man, he's gonna be fun to watch.

Trades are overshadowing the draft!

Zack Randolph to the Knicks. And Francis to the Blazers.

Ray Allen to the Celtics.

Channing Frye and Stevie Franchise to Portland for Zack Randolph, Dan Dickau and Fred Jones!

Channing Frye and Stevie Franchise to Portland for Zack Randolph, Dan Dickau and Fred Jones!

Throwing around duds!

Bilinelli from Italy looks like a straight up baller!! Nice pickup for the Warriors.

• You have anyone in mind for the Lakers?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Throwing around duds!

Yep....my hoop buddies and I call that a "pet rock" trade.

You have anyone in mind for the Lakers?

I really don't know college players.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Channing Frye is a good look for Portland. I don't know if I can say the same for Randolph and New York.

Thank god Franchise is gone! Ugh.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL

STEVEN A IS FUCKIN' KILLIINNNI' IT!!!!

I don't really understand this trade for Portland. Is s. francis's contract expiring soon? And even so why does Portland want cap room, all of their best players are rookies and sophmores. Zach Randolph is a seriously capable scorer who could realistically be an all star in the eastern conference, but him and Curry together might be an awkward front court.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I guess they are looking at Frye... I think he has potential although that's been slow in coming out here... Franchise could come in and drop a couple shots? Ehhh

Mitch Kupchak on tilt to the max yo! lol

If Kobe leaves, I predict Kupchack's ass is leaving too.

This dude is feeling the heat.

I never thought that i would say this, but Isiah Thomas may have actually come out ahead in this trade. But then again it is Thomas, so maybe there is a nuance that i am not seeing here.

8 Freshmen already chosen at the end of the 21st pick. Have teams always tried to go for the homerun like this?

Onlt two foreign players taken so far. Is America regaining basketball dominance?

I never thought that i would say this, but Isiah Thomas may have actually come out ahead in this trade. But then again it is Thomas, so maybe there is a nuance that i am not seeing here.

Obviously Thomas doesn't know a damn thing about trying to build a good team.

Cook goes in the first round and didn't even start on his college team!!

I can only think of one other time that's ever happened!!

Utah Jazz just made a great pick.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Has Portland ever successfully brought out a rookies full potential? Is Portland a place where a young player can grow and learn and become great?

I mean I guess Clyde came in as a rookie, but that's ancient history.

Just asking, I don't know the anwear so drop so knowledge on me.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    who is marco bellinelli? i'll trust don nelson on this, dude looks like the italian brent barry. but another shooter on a team filled w/ swingmen?

I don't really understand this trade for Portland. Is s. francis's contract expiring soon? And even so why does Portland want cap room, all of their best players are rookies and sophmores. Zach Randolph is a seriously capable scorer who could realistically be an all star in the eastern conference, but him and Curry together might be an awkward front court.

Not sure if you caught it, but they just addressed all of this a bit ago. Portland's goal is not just to acquire talent, but to rebuild the spirit of basketball in their city (basically, they wanted to get rid of the bums and start fresh). They aren't going to the finals or anything next year, but 3 to 4 years from now, with the nucleus they've just created, they could be pretty dominant. I don't even think Francis or Frye are really even a factor, but Frye could be an asset to the team, depends how they use him.

Utah Jazz just made a great pick.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I will respond in the NBA Off Season Thread.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    And the Spurs pick... a foreigner! Anyone know anything about Tiago? I've never heard of him.

He's been playing in Europe under some crazy contract that makes him really expensive to bring to America. He may not show up in San Antonio for years, if ever.
    I think i just saw a guy from Finland get drafted. That has to be a first.