NFL OFF SEASON

13»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Jets on "Hard Knocks" this year... can't wait.

This is worse than the Sports Illustrated Cover Curse.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    Why?

I feel like I've read at least a dozen quotes from retired players who said that they would have loved to play for him, and pretty much every player they've brought in said that he was the reason they came to the Jets.

I still don't see ... why. Because he's the ultimate "deflector?" A coach that acts like such an assclown before the cameras that a player never has to worry about looking worse? He's gutsy in his decision making, but he's a spaz and the kind of coach that can get results but will ultimately fall short due to his own ego and idiocy. Kind of like his Father.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    Horseleech said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    Why?

I feel like I've read at least a dozen quotes from retired players who said that they would have loved to play for him, and pretty much every player they've brought in said that he was the reason they came to the Jets.

I still don't see ... why. Because he's the ultimate "deflector?" A coach that acts like such an assclown before the cameras that a player never has to worry about looking worse? He's gutsy in his decision making, but he's a spaz and the kind of coach that can get results but will ultimately fall short due to his own ego and idiocy. Kind of like his Father.

Well, let's reverse things then. I hate Belichick. Listening to his interviews on Mondays on WEEI make me wanna alternately kill myself or reach thru the radio and kill him. He seems like such a prick, and I as a playeur wouldn't want to play for him. But that's just my opinion.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    yeah, nobody likes listening to Belichick.

but while he may be obstinate, maybe even arrogant, he's not the boasting gasbag that Ryan is.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    JaMarcus Russell owns YOU and YOUR FAMILY. Dude mos def does not suck.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Revis is on some Crabtree shit right now. Some of these holdouts are such bullshit, so much for "team." Glad to hear Cromartie has been killing it during camp.

The Falcons are going to embarass the Saints at some point this year.

Only four weeks until the start of the season, here we go 2010!

• Options
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Revis is on some Crabtree shit right now. Some of these holdouts are such bullshit, so much for "team."

Revis would be a total fucking idiot if he went ahead and played for a lousy million bucks this year.

If he plays and gets hurt the Jets will get rid of him like a used condom and there won't be any talk of "team" or "loyalty" then.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Revis is on some Crabtree shit right now. Some of these holdouts are such bullshit, so much for "team."

Revis would be a total fucking idiot if he went ahead and played for a lousy million bucks this year.

The Jets are offering at least 12 million and he's turning it down.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

Yeah, there is a ten year $120 million contract from the Jets, Revis wants $160 million. He has three years on his rookie contract left, he just forfeited a year of free agency by skipping camp and he gave up a potential future $20mil guarateed. In regards to getting injured, players get insurance on that happening. Holding out for $40 mil right now is greedy and ludicrous. What if he sits and the Jets defense works without him? Its quite a gamble. The Jets can't cave any more or Harris and Mangold will have their balls in a vice next year.

• Options
    Horseleech said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

And he can come in and get that at any point in the next few weeks and Ryan will kiss him on the lips.

The amount of guaranteed money and the structure of the deal matters a lot. Revis has all the leverage on his side right now. He's their best player and they know it.

They should be more worried about that terrible offense than Revis.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    set off the 2010 NFL thread, ed powers :necessary:

I Had Sex With The Lyn Christopher Record said:
    set off the 2010 NFL thread, ed powers :necessary:

• I worked my first football game of the year last night.

God, it felt good to be back.

• Garcia_Vega said:

The Falcons are going to embarass the Saints at some point this year.

Such a hater...clinging to yr lil' dreams cos yr team got skull-drug in NO and the season was over after that.

"I hope these other dudes can beat them!"

Falcs are still not seeing us. They need to take their lil' Sam Jackson promo and their frowny-face coach and go back to the drawing board.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Cardinals fans... I'm sorry. Your prospective quarterbacks looked like dog shot last night.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Cardinals fans... I'm sorry. Your prospective quarterbacks looked like dog shot last night.

yep. I laughed throughout much of the game. Looking forward to this season even more now.