NFL OFF SEASON

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
This is Donovan's yearTrent Green will make the Pro BowlRandy Moss will be in bitch mode by DecemberThe Saints are going to average 100 points a gameThe Bucs are going to average 3 points a gameColts & Chargers won't make the playoffs Detroit will make the playoffs49ers = very good /Rams = very badJaMarcus Russell is nastyRon Mexico is the dumbest dude in footbal....Pacman is the 2ndAdrian Peterson = R.O.T.YPittsburgh is doneCarolina is doneSeattle is still aliveCincinnati is still aliveEli is ready...Coughlin is notMangini is a fraudHerm Edwards is a fraudJeff Fisher is the truth...Vince is not

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Ed....I was with you 100%(OK, maybe not on Trent Green) until you got to Vince!!

• This is Donovan's year - until he gets hurt

Trent Green will make the Pro Bowl -- Throwing to who?

Randy Moss will be in bitch mode by December -- My money is on Bill Bills making this work

The Saints are going to average 100 points a game -- Naw. Just 60

The Bucs are going to average 3 points a game -- Naw. 2.5

Colts & Chargers won't make the playoffs -- Colts? Cmon mang. Chargers maybe.

Detroit will make the playoffs -- With who at QB? Kitna? it's possible in the NFC

49ers = very good /Rams = very bad -- I like the Niners. Gore is a beast.

JaMarcus Russell is nasty -- he will need protection. I worry about Aaron Brooks part II. Decision-making is questionable. Physically most gifted QB in the league already.

Ron Mexico is the dumbest dude in footbal....Pacman is the 2nd -- Flip that. Pacman is new levels. There is poison in Vick's family

Adrian Peterson = R.O.T.Y -- ROBERT MEACHAM!!!

Pittsburgh is done -- Agreed

Carolina is done -- Agreed and I think Carr will be in by November

Seattle is still alive -- Sure. They're in the NFC. Who isn't

Cincinnati is still alive -- Okay

Eli is ready...Coughlin is not -- Agreed.

Mangini is a fraud -- Really? No bias involved here? He seems solid.

Herm Edwards is a fraud -- Nahhh.

Jeff Fisher is the truth...Vince is not -- Fisher IS the man. Cats are gonna learn about sleepin on VY though.

Good thread. What up, ED? Miami is like the third worst team in the league, you know this right?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Damn...you respond fast.

I see your head is still locked in your ass...

Miami > New England

• I see your head is still locked in your ass...

Yeah, you right. Is this better:

Miami 2007 > Miami 1972

???

This is Donovan's year - until he gets hurt

i think he'll man up and start taking the Roids...this is it for him.

Trent Green will make the Pro Bowl -- Throwing to who?

Hate

Randy Moss will be in bitch mode by December -- My money is on Bill Bills making this work

Bill doesn't make time for bullshit...He'll give a dude his last shot but with zero tolerance....Randy starts running his mouth and he's out of the league or up in Green Bay where he really belongs.

Colts & Chargers won't make the playoffs -- Colts? Cmon mang. Chargers maybe.

I think Dungy is burnt out....He's already a laid back dude and that team is going to need a kick in the ass to play hard this year.

Detroit will make the playoffs -- With who at QB? Kitna? it's possible in the NFC

I've always liked Kitna...i dunno ..maybe i'm crazy

Seattle is still alive -- Sure. They're in the NFC. Who isn't

Is that a Saints prediction i hear ???

• Options
    Mangini is a fraud

No.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I've always liked Kitna...i dunno ..maybe i'm crazy

Could be. Though he did have that one year when he was playing lights-out. Still, I can't help but think of all those years when it seemed like he went out of his way to screw up. Bill Simmons actually had a pretty funny line about Kitna playing Madden NFL and being the Bengals, naturally, so he could control his video-self, then bearing witness to his video-self fumbling constantly and throwing terrible interceptions.

Randy will be bench fodder by December, definitely. All it takes is one bad game, and he gets the full-on bitchface going, and Belichick don't play that.

• I'm not picking anything for the Saints. Enough pundits are doing that already. The offense should be good to go barring injury to Brees, Deuce or Bush. The defense is somewhat-suspect.

The NFC is ripe is alls I'm saying.

• Trent Green will make the Pro Bowl -- Throwing to who?

Hate

Who do they have? They even lost Welker. Didn't they lose McMichael too? Chris Chambers gonna catch 120 for 2000 w/ 15 TDs?

Chris Chambers gonna catch 120 for 2000 w/ 15 TDs?

yes

• Chris Chambers gonna catch 120 for 2000 w/ 15 TDs?

yes

THIS IS WHAT THE NFL OFF-SEASON IS ALL ABOUT!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    How in the world is Vince not the truth?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    How in the world is Vince not the truth?

young will miss travis henry. who do the titans have in the backfield?

• How in the world is Vince not the truth?

young will miss travis henry. who do the titans have in the backfield?

Actually, it's gotten so bad that they just re-signed Chris Brown who they'd been trying to dump previously for two year.

I live VInce and I like Fish but that team is gonna suck this year. Losing PacMan hurts them immensely.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I have a prediction: The Bears will cut Tank Johnson. Oh wait...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I live VInce and I like Fish but that team is gonna suck this year. Losing PacMan hurts them immensely.

the titans won at least two games, maybe more than that, with almost NOTHING but kick returns and INT returns for TDs... Pacman was a big reason. dude is a seriously difference maker... too bad he loves t*ddybars so dam much

vince did make some big plays and orchestrated some nice comebacks last year, but really? he struggled real bad even in a lot of the games they won, and now that defensive coordinators have some tape on him to see his tendencies, he's gonna have to use his brain to make plays because defenses are gonna shut down all that improv schitt he's so good at (this is why running qbs almost always stagnate). vince ain't ready to win games on the cerebral level yet... he may never be able to. i'll be cheering for him to prove me wrong, regardless.

• If anyone ever needed a strip club at their house, it is Adam Jones.

the titans won at least two games, maybe more than that, with almost NOTHING but kick returns and INT returns for TDs... Pacman was a big reason. dude is a seriously difference maker... too bad he loves t*ddybars so dam much

vince did make some big plays and orchestrated some nice comebacks last year, but really? he struggled real bad even in a lot of the games they won, and now that defensive coordinators have some tape on him to see his tendencies, he's gonna have to use his brain to make plays because defenses are gonna shut down all that improv schitt he's so good at (this is why running qbs almost always stagnate). vince ain't ready to win games on the cerebral level yet... he may never be able to. i'll be cheering for him to prove me wrong, regardless.

All I'm going to say is...be very prepared to be proved very wrong.

• Vince needs weapons though, HArvey. Tennessee did him no favors in that regard. They didn't even keep Bennett. His lil' Fullback homie from UT can't be the rest of the offense.

This is Donovan's year

hope this is right... i'm not so sure he's gonna be healed enough to make this happen

Trent Green will make the Pro Bowl

lololololol!!!!

Randy Moss will be in bitch mode by December

i think Randy's gonna be all right... batches like Moss and T.O. usually only start their schitt when the team's not winning and / or they aren't getting the ball enough. don't see that happening in NE this season. PLUS rodney harrison will NOT be havin' that bullschitt up in his lockerroom! him, bruschi, a few other dudes... they will not stand for it

The Saints are going to average 100 points a game

saints are gonna FLOP this year! 8 and 8, 9-7 at best

The Bucs are going to average 3 points a game

this could be true. golden boy gruden really ain't all that hot of a coach IMO

Colts & Chargers won't make the playoffs

nonsense. although i REALLY don't like the chargers choice for a new head coach. they may not make it back (though i'd guess that they will), but the colts? they'll be back to the playoffs, just not the super bowl

Detroit will make the playoffs

very possible. Arizona too (but i say this every year)

49ers = very good /Rams = very bad

49ers = good. very good? i wouldn't say that just yet. they're getting there though
    Rams = i really don't know. i say mediocre again

JaMarcus Russell is nasty

looks like he's gonna be the truth... dude is BIG

Ron Mexico is the dumbest dude in footbal....Pacman is the 2nd

where does 1/2 of the bengals team fall into this ranking of dumbness?

Adrian Peterson = R.O.T.Y

hmmm... dont know if his numbers are gonna be enough for that to happen since he'll be splitting time with Chester Taylor (think Maurice Jones Drew last year)

Pittsburgh is done

yeahhh... could be. that'll be too bad if it's true, because Tomlin seems to be the real deal from everything i'm hearing about him. time will tell, but you have to have success early to make it as an NFL coach these days. i don't see that happening

Carolina is done

DEADER THAN HIP HOP

Seattle is still alive

i'm not feelin' this

Cincinnati is still alive

they're on the fence... could go either way

Eli is ready...Coughlin is not

Eli better have done a LOT of improving over the offseason.... hopefully he grew a set within the last few months. if not, he's a long way from being ready.
    Coughlung is a lame duck

Mangini is a fraud

dunno

Herm Edwards is a fraud

i like herm, but no... can't see KC doing anything but falling off in a really bad way... possibly one of the worse teams in the NFL

Jeff Fisher is the truth...Vince is not

Trent Green will make the Pro Bowl

lololololol!!!!

Hate.

Vince needs weapons though, HArvey. Tennessee did him no favors in that regard. They didn't even keep Bennett. His lil' Fullback homie from UT can't be the rest of the offense.

Why must y'all sleep on Joel Filani? Tsk tsk...

• The Saints are going to average 100 points a game

Where do you see the slippage? The offense returns w/ just more weapons. In the NFC....they should be okay.

Besides, we own yo muhfuggin team.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

yeahhh... could be. that'll be too bad if it's true, because Tomlin seems to be the real deal from everything i'm hearing about him. time will tell, but you have to have success early to make it as an NFL coach these days. i don't see that happening

Yes, but the Steelers are much better than all the other teams at giving coaches a chance and sticking with them. The Pittsburgh head coaching job is about as close as you're gonna get to permanent employment in the NFL.

That said, I am a bit wary of what's going on (I really wish we hadn't let Porter go) and do expect that they will kind of struggle this year as they have to make a whole bunch of adjustments, not the least of which being adjusting to post-Cowher life. Of course, I would love to be proven wrong on this, but I don't think the Steelers will be much better than they were last year for at least a season.

The Saints are going to average 100 points a game

Where do you see the slippage? The offense returns w/ just more weapons. In the NFC....they should be okay.

Besides, we own yo muhfuggin team.

that's probably from whence the hate emanates

the slippage will come from them really not being all that good (especially on D) and the league's good teams will be ready to expose them... the saints aint catchin' nobody sleepin' this season

i hate the saints and we will be down there for REVENGE 2 days before xmas... won't matter much, cuz nawlins will be long out of the running by then. BANK ON IT

this just in: Tank Johnson (gotta be AT LEAST no. 3 on the dumbness list) was RELEASED today by da bears. GOOD. I hope nobody picks his azz up, either. it's time to draw that line in the sand, for real... once the f**k-ups in the league start seeing that you will lose your livelihood if you keep doin' all this dumb shit MAYBE they will finally get the message. and that's a biiiiiiig maybe... some of these guys just have absolutely no idea how to conduct themselves any other way. Seriously. I know people like this... they honestly can't help themselves

and even though it seems like hundreds of NFL players are getting into this dumb shit, it's still really only a very small amount. most dudes are good people who know how to act. even most of the ones who get into trouble are good people... they just have NO godly idea how to act

• Saints offense "not that good"?

We'll see on that D. Holler in December.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Im excited about my buffalo bills. I think jp losman will emerge as the qb they envisioned, he showed some grit late last season. lee evans will be a stud ala steve smith, dude can stretch a field and make some plays. theyll miss clements and takeo spikes but hopefully the offense will make up for it. im confident marshawn lynch (drafted a bit high) can replicate the production that mcgahee gave. should be better out of the backfield catching and gives them a bit more speed too.

the first 4 games are rough, home vs denver, at pittsburgh & new england and then home vs. the jets. otherwise the schedule looks do-able, if the bills go 9-7 i'll be happy.