NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    just stating that the coach isn't starting him up front.
    I think he'd get handled in the post, he's too frail. He needs to strengthen up.

I think its a shrewd move cause most cats has Durant as a natural 3 who can swing to the 2.

A 6-9 shooting guard is

• This is how many points I'm going to average...

P.J. Carlissimo is going to start him at the Shooting Guard spot instead of Small Forward.

He doesnt want him to bang in the post to much.

Weird take. I'm like "Shit, that's sick. 6'10" shooting guard"

Did it take you guys 8 years to get used to KG's game or something?

"I like my women barefoot and pregnant and I want my 6'10" dudes or taller banging in the paint."

Enjoy the athleticism and let go of your hang-ups.

KG's "Game" isnt chasing Ben Gordon/Richard Hamilton around for 48 mins.

• You dudes are gonna have to step it up on the originality end. I'm not gonna feed you everyday, you're gonna have to work harder if you want to summon all-caps GP.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

KG's "Game" isnt chasing Ben Gordon/Richard Hamilton around for 48 mins.

Don't worry, Durant has no intention of playing any defense.

You dudes are gonna have to step it up on the originality end. I'm not gonna feed you everyday, you're gonna have to work harder if you want to summon all-caps GP.

Haha...

Im not ready for the ALLCAPS this morning. Dallas signed Darvin Ham though. Probably to fill the practice roster. I dont see him getting any real run.

• You dudes are gonna have to step it up on the originality end. I'm not gonna feed you everyday, you're gonna have to work harder if you want to summon all-caps GP.

Haha...

Im not ready for the ALLCAPS this morning. Dallas signed Darvin Ham though. Probably to fill the practice roster. I dont see him getting any real run.

Naw, wasn't directed at you but your partner in whatever up there.

Ham is a camp body. We brought in Ralph Sampson's cuz too. Our bigs are dinged up (Damps and Mbenga). Fazekas will probably play some 5 early as Damps will miss some weeks w/ a shoulder. The team really likes youngster Brandon Bass. Dude is diesel and should help provide some paint scoring as a backup at the 4. Eddie Jones is like a "locker room" type pickup and we just dealt G Buck for Trenton Hassell. Devin is gonna be running the 1. Supposedly there is competition at the 2, which would imply JET to come off the bench but I'll believe it when I see it.

You dudes are gonna have to step it up on the originality end. I'm not gonna feed you everyday, you're gonna have to work harder if you want to summon all-caps GP.

Haha...

Naw, wasn't directed at you but your partner in whatever up there.

Ham is a camp body. We brought in Ralph Sampson's cuz too. Our bigs are dinged up (Damps and Mbenga). Fazekas will probably play some 5 early as Damps will miss some weeks w/ a shoulder. The team really likes youngster Brandon Bass. Dude is diesel and should help provide some paint scoring as a backup at the 4. Eddie Jones is like a "locker room" type pickup and we just dealt G Buck for Trenton Hassell. Devin is gonna be running the 1. Supposedly there is competition at the 2, which would imply JET to come off the bench but I'll believe it when I see it.

Stackhouse, Jones, and George can all start at the 2 IMO. W/ Jet to backup either position.
    The double combo guard thang could be tweaked.

• Harvey, why don't you set the Over/Under on Durant's PPG this year?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    we just dealt G Buck for Trenton Hassell.
    that's a good look in Avery's game plan. Pickin' him up for next to nothing is also a good look.

Harvey, why don't you set the Over/Under on Durant's PPG this year?

Set it seemingly high at 28, take all of the doubters' bets and then their money when he does 30.

Set it seemingly high at 28, take all of the doubters' bets and then their money when he does 30.

28-30 pts per game....your talkin KOBE numbers. As a Rookie w/ a new Coach and a below average point guard in the Hard as Fuck West.

• we just dealt G Buck for Trenton Hassell.
    that's a good look in Avery's game plan. Pickin' him up for next to nothing is also a good look.

I'm intrigued as well. They're similar players. For whatever reason, G Buck just didn't take on his second Mavs go-round. Supposedly Hassell brings defensive determination to the table. We'll see. "We'll see" is pretty much my attitude to the whole squad this year and it don't start til mid April.

28-30 pts per game....your talkin KOBE numbers. As a Rookie w/ a new Coach and a below average point guard in the Hard as Fuck West.

Durant is already a better scorer than Kobe who in recent years has seemed to really have to struggle for open looks.

Durant will even immediately make it look effortless.

It's a new day.

• Harvey, why don't you set the Over/Under on Durant's PPG this year?

I'm no Durant Doubter but I'd have to take the under on that one. 22-24 seems in his wheelhouse though. I'd be happy to be ultimately proven wrong.

Durant is already a better scorer than Kobe

Paging Yuichi......

Durant is already a better scorer than Kobe who in recent years has seemed to really have to struggle for open looks.

It's a new day.

And yeah, even I know that this prediction is insanely

But I'm proudly rolling with it...

And yeah, even I know that this prediction is insanely

But I'm proudly rolling with it...

Im gonna hold you to this during the season.

28+ and better "scorer" than KOBE.

Not better than KOBE before dudes get pissy.

Durant......82 point game?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

oh, he'll get his open looks... he'll get them if it breaks your nose!

Durant......82 point game?

Maybe not this season...he'll have some nights of 50 though...but eventually, yes.

• Durant is already a better scorer than Kobe who in recent years has seemed to really have to struggle for open looks.

It's a new day.

kobe is already one of the nba's all time greats.

i like durant's game, but he's gotta hit the weight room for a few years before he starts putting up 20 plus a game.

It's a new day.

kobe is already one of the nba's all time greats.

i like durant's game, but he's gotta hit the weight room for a few years before he starts putting up 20 plus a game.

That's what I'm talking about as far as it being a new day.

Durant won't have to do shit.

Did Jordan have to hit the weights for a few years?

No, he was innovative enough a scorer to find the seams with his quickness/instincts.

Wade is kinda like that but always winds up getting hacked, either legally or not, because he's too hard-headed about getting to the rim with each drive.

Durant is like none of them...Lebron included. All he needs is such a tiny amount of space from anywhere on the offensive end of the court and it's another hoop.

Y'all will soon see...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Durant is already a better scorer than Kobe

Paging Yuichi......

Do not wake up the monster...................................

One of the big reasons why scoring is down and thus the NBA currently sucks tremendously is that everyone is so caught up in what they think they need to be doing that they train themselves to the point that 97% of players sport identical tactics/moves/proficiency. It's like players are merely going through the motions of what they've been taught to think basketball to be. It's all so damned predictable, it's disgusting.

Durant apparently doesn't get so much caught up in all of that. He just knows how to put the ball in the basket. And that's the bottom line here. He's, moreso than anyone since Jordan, a pure scorer...and part of that is his scoring doesn't come across as selfish as does the Kobe scoring circus. In fact, at times you hardly notice Durant's scoring column filling up so damned fast.

People need to quit thinking Otis Thorpe when it comes to Kevin Durant and start thinking George Gervin.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    One of the big reasons why scoring is down and thus the NBA currently sucks tremendously

Scoring's been up the past two years, dude. 05-06 saw three guys averaging 30+ a night (and a fourth averaging 29 and change)--first time that had happened since the eighties.

• One of the big reasons why scoring is down and thus the NBA currently sucks tremendously is that everyone is so caught up in what they think they need to be doing that they train themselves to the point that 97% of players sport identical tactics/moves/proficiency. It's like players are merely going through the motions of what they've been taught to think basketball to be. It's all so damned predictable, it's disgusting.

Durant apparently doesn't get so much caught up in all of that. He just knows how to put the ball in the basket. And that's the bottom line here. He's, moreso than anyone since Jordan, a pure scorer...and part of that is his scoring doesn't come across as selfish as does the Kobe scoring circus. In fact, at times you hardly notice Durant's scoring column filling up so damned fast.

People need to quit thinking Otis Thorpe when it comes to Kevin Durant and start thinking George Gervin.

if you wanna be a Durant fanboy, okay, but your "going through the motions" theory is almost as ridiculous as your comparison of Durant to Jordan.

97% of players have the identical moves? you sound like a non-baller!!

One of the big reasons why scoring is down and thus the NBA currently sucks tremendously is that everyone is so caught up in what they think they need to be doing that they train themselves to the point that 97% of players sport identical tactics/moves/proficiency. It's like players are merely going through the motions of what they've been taught to think basketball to be. It's all so damned predictable, it's disgusting.

In summary, the best teams understand an economy of motion. A pass is faster than a dribble. The few franchises that seem to understand this, also understands that it takes 5 to create openings in the defense. Not 5 individual players taking turns to attack.

One of the big reasons why scoring is down and thus the NBA currently sucks tremendously

Scoring's been up the past two years, dude. 05-06 saw three guys averaging 30+ a night (and a fourth averaging 29 and change)--first time that had happened since the eighties.

Team scoring is still pathetic. The fast break is now a rarity. Teams don't even try to push it anymore. It's like they're not only waiting for their own guys to get into position on the offensive end, they also wait for the opposing defensive players to get into their positions as well.

I believe your evaluation is slightly off, since it is based on a more player-centric one.

if you wanna be a Durant fanboy, okay, but your "going through the motions" theory is almost as ridiculous as your comparison of Durant to Jordan.

97% of players have the identical moves? you sound like a non-baller!!

You sound like a dude who only played ball because you're freakishly tall...like Frankenstein.