Krautrock Faves Beyond the Usual Suspects?

13»

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I thank you.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yatha Sidra - meditation mass.
    One of my all time favourite records

This is been on heavy rotation since I heard it a year ago. One of my fave "cosmic" kraut records.

not my rip, but enjoy nonetheless.

http://www.divshare.com/download/2928303-0bd

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Yatha Sidra - meditation mass.
    One of my all time favourite records

This is been on heavy rotation since I heard it a year ago. One of my fave "cosmic" kraut records.

on this one, been listening to it a lot lately thanks to this thread.

This is great, just got it.

Can't really mess w/ the album above, but this is a great lp.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    What do you guys think of Krokodil?

All I have is a 7" from this album, You're Still A Part of Me b/w All Alone, and I really like it, but didn't pick up the album (I felt it was overpriced). Are the LPs any good? Apparently they have a few...

- J

Isn't Krokodil swiss?

- spidey

In the same vein, but much better IMHO is

Brief descriptions of these two?

If you're digging the yatha sidhra then Kollektiv should def be your thing. Lots of flute and jazzy guitar.

The 1st 2 Thirsty moon lp's are awesome, although I could do w/ out the vocals on a few tracks, but the instrumental sections shred! The 2nd lp has a few tracks that sound very similar to what kolle & yatha were doing at the time.

Here's a track from a live CD circa 73 by Kollektiv.

Track from the 2nd TM lp.

If you're digging the yatha sidhra then Kollektiv should def be your thing. Lots of flute and jazzy guitar.

The 1st 2 Thirsty moon lp's are awesome, although I could do w/ out the vocals on a few tracks, but the instrumental sections shred! The 2nd lp has a few tracks that sound very similar to what kolle & yatha were doing at the time.

thanks for those tracks!

I found to my surprise that I had a few stray other tracks by both groups, probably from here:

http://tontonmahood.blogspot.com/2007/04/krautrock-for-beginners-5-va-artworks.html

hearing 3-4 more songs by both, I'm definitely feeling the Kollectiv. Top-tier Krautrock to be sure. Thirsty Moon seems more like workmanlike hard rock with some exceptional moments.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Thanks for that blog link onetet.

• What do you guys think of Krokodil?

All I have is a 7" from this album, You're Still A Part of Me b/w All Alone, and I really like it, but didn't pick up the album (I felt it was overpriced). Are the LPs any good? Apparently they have a few...

- J

Isn't Krokodil swiss?

- spidey

You tell me, man.

- J

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    These are great. Right up my alley. You've got good taste when it comes to the german stuff. Thanks for the heads up on that Panta Rhei in the Amiga thread too.

Thanks for that blog link onetet.

sure -- it was actually a repost from someone here earlier in the thread.

Thought this might interest some people here...

Dude who until recently maintained a blogspot called Out of Focus just started a Krautrock discussion board:

http://oofocus.forumotion.com

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I just uploaded a clip of a song on youtube to show it some friends. It's Siegfried Schwab's "Suche nach Unendlichkeit", from his 1979 album "Meditation". A personal favourite of mine, which sounds quite hypnotic to me and resembles a lot the best work of the "Neu!". Imho the album is quite underrated and can still be obtained for cheap.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This was a great thread.  I can't believe i missed it.

• Man Sigi Schwab got around, stylewise. He has a couple of "famous" i.e. comped library/instrumental cuts in a totally un-krautrock style. I gotta seek out more of his stuff.

Electrode