WORKOUT..... does anyone?

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited June 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
Ok so I am in the beginning stages of belly. I am thin but I'm blessed to have my fathers Buddha belly in my genes. so I trying to prevent that... I hate working out.. does anyone have any suggestions on easing into a work out schedule or something to motivate my lazy ass.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    All you can do is motivate your self. The frist month will suck and then you'll be addicted to it. Plus, you won't really notice much the first month and it will frustrate you, so stick with it. Often you'll build muscle before you strat to burn a lot of fat off. When I first started I was like WTF??? I'm gaining weight. Plus, your likely to eat more cuz your buurring more energy. One big piece of advise is to eat healthy. Dont' come home from the gym and have a burger and a bag of chips cuz your starving. Lot's of veggies and fruit will fill your need for evergy.

Don't over do it at first either. If you hurt your self you'll miss a lot of days working out. Just admit your starting out and you can't do much. Start with about 30 min and the next thing you know you'll be up to an hour. Increase weight as is comfortable. Don't try to sow off or worry about what the meat head next to you is lifting. I've always found the good old 3 sets of ten works good for weights. Also, do stuff you like. I hate running so I play b-ball and racket ball, and jump rope, swim. Good luck.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    put on some energetic music

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The fact I pay $107/month for my wife and I to have access to a health club is motivation enough. Oh -- and looking at pics of obese relatives works too.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    put on some energetic music

word!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    my wife is finishing up her training to get certified to teach pilates

i get to be her workout test dummy... feels good and its free... i got really into goin to the gym but then had to stop due to financial constraints...

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I run 2 miles every other day. It rules. I want to start pumping weights but I just need to get a good sturdy weight bench. but word the first month sucks, but after a while you begin to just hammer out them miles.

I know Hogginthefogg definetly gets his huff on *PASUE*

P.S. Hotsauce called me yesterday while I was running and was like "You humping or running"? The conversation ended "Okay I'll let you get back to your jerking off tournament now"

Fucking Mexican't.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    PM mangoman for manny push up techniques.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    does anyone have any suggestions on easing into a work out schedule or something to motivate my lazy ass.

[insert]edpowers icon[/insert]

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I run 2 miles every other day. It rules. I want to start pumping weights but I just need to get a good sturdy weight bench. but word the first month sucks, but after a while you begin to just hammer out them miles.

I know Hogginthefogg definetly gets his huff on *PASUE*

P.S. Hotsauce called me yesterday while I was running and was like "You humping or running"? The conversation ended "Okay I'll let you get back to your jerking off tournament now"

Fucking Mexican't.

Just ran 3 miles in 23 minutes flat. I gotta get my time down to 22 minutes, but that last minute's gonna be a bootch.

I also do 500 crunches after running. The whole routine takes less than a hour, even with stretching before and after, and I do it three times a week. I feel great and KingMost says I look sexier than ever (thanks, Honey!).

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Yoga... I can still be a smoker and have chiseled abs. Works wonders. It's all about the Bikram Yoga where they turn the heat up to 100 degrees. That's expensive so I do that about once a week and the rest of the time I do my own yoga/situp/pushup workout at home.

DJ Ferrari

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Samson! That's a nice little routine you got there R*ss! Now that I'm summer chillin, gettin back in the routine maself. Gonna go run 3 miles in about an hour. Maybe I should time myself and see how I do! Pretty rusty actually, but don't let me catch none of ya'll on the basketball court!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Best thing is to pick what you like and do that (cycling, running, swimming, kickboxing, high-speed-full-contact karaoke, etc.). GO EASY in the first few weeks, with days off in between workouts. Listening to your body is important: you'll learn the difference between soreness and injury (hopefully without injuring yourself).

don't let more than a couple days go by without working out (or you can kiss that routine goodbye).

if you go into it thinking it sucks, then you're gonna quit almost immediately. If you go into it looking forward to it (either the results or the release or whatever you use to motivate yourself), you'll find that your body feels better when it has to work a bit.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yo mayne that's a sweet facial ayyo routine

lol

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Quit driving a car and ride a bike.

• I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!![/b]

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

This fly flow takes practice like Tai Bow with Billy Blanks. Oh you're too kind, really? Thanks.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I must make haste Robin, I've gotta return some videotapes....[/b]

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

I must make haste Robin, I've gotta return some videotapes....[/b]

Pumpkin, you're dating a tumbling, tumbling
    dickweed.

• 4_LOVE4_LOVE 16 Posts

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Workout at home. I used to go to gym's and shit but then I realized I was wasting time driving, parking and everything else. I'd get tired after work, or I'd have plans, or it would be "out of the way". Ever since I got a bench and shit I'm good. I put on a record and work out. I got freeweights, none of that pull shit. The truth is a lot of my friends think they're about to be on some shit so they go out and buy all these suppliments and get a gym membership. The first two weeks they go strong, and then slowly die down. Unless you're crazy self motivated (I'm not), just work on something like chest/arms first. Don't try to mold the entire body. I've been working out for 7+ years now and I only spend 20-39 minutes a day, maybe 4-5 days a week and I'm good. I do 4 reps of whatever concentrating on one part (back, chest, arms etc...) and then I do the situps. I can't be doing cardio. That's just not me. I just eat a lot of rice and vege's... I don't even need supliments and shit other than the protein I drink. Really, if you can get the first 6 months done you'll see results regardless of where you're at. Once you see the result you'll get motivated. It's human nature.

You might also want to get some Creatine. I don't rock it because all the water has me pissing every 10 minutes, but you'll get results faster. The key for a lot of people is unless they see a change, they won't stay at it. Find ways to "Cheat" to see something sooner, then go at a normal pace.

It also depends what you want. I used to be able to bench 310 all day without even breathing, but I wasn't "cut". Now I can only do like 280 x 15 but I got abs and ish. Do lower weights more reps to get cut, heavy + less reps for size.

Oh ya...and whatever the fuck you do...MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IN PROTEIN WITHIN 25 MINUTES OF YOUR WORKOUT. If you don't you lose about 80% of the muscle you built that day. I usually just eat a can of tuna raw after I work out.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    12-16 oz. curls on the regular

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    Oh ya...and whatever the fuck you do...MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IN PROTEIN WITHIN 25 MINUTES OF YOUR WORKOUT. If you don't you lose about 80% of the muscle you built that day. I usually just eat a can of tuna raw after I work out.

Is this true? wow

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Oh ya...and whatever the fuck you do...MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IN PROTEIN WITHIN 25 MINUTES OF YOUR WORKOUT.

AY-YOOOOOOOODLE!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I want to start pumping weights but I just need to get a good sturdy weight bench. but word the first month sucks, but after a while you begin to just hammer out them miles.

time to get creative & ghetto. I ain't got a work bench but best believe I gets my lift on. several curl reps every other day as well as military presses, dips, pull ups, chin ups and Mango's favorite Push ups.
    After a while it just becomes habit.

If you got a 5 - 6 foot fence or gate youi got yourself a pull up bar, if you got a balcony or a gate that meets at 2 points you got a spot to do dips.

For your stomach I find laying at the bottom of some steps with your legs up on the first 2 steps (90 degree angle) works pretty well for doing crunches or sit ups.

y'all knows I'm skinny but y'all needs to know that I'm skinny n ripped

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Samson! That's a nice little routine you got there R*ss! Now that I'm summer chillin, gettin back in the routine maself. Gonna go run 3 miles in about an hour. Maybe I should time myself and see how I do! Pretty rusty actually, but don't let me catch none of ya'll on the basketball court!

Basketball? Oh, it's on! Of course, I haven't played hoops for probably close to eight years now, so look for a lot of shortarmed jumpers, mistimed jumps for rebounds (the vertical ain't what it used to be, I'm sure), and active but not necessarily good defense.

I just recently got on the running tip as well. I'm not even checking distance (mostly because I don't have the means to)--I just run around my neighborhood for about half an hour, and as I do it more, I'll just gradually increase the time. It's definitely a discipline thing to start out with, and for me, it was a horrible reality check of just how out of shape I've gotten, but it does feel great to get out and be active.

it was a horrible reality check of just how out of shape I've gotten, but it does feel great to get out and be active.

thats what I saying... I looked at a picture of me and I could see my belly under my T-shirt. Thats not cool man... how am I gonna feel sexy for the ladies with that shit in the back of my mind. Time to put down the motha fuckin ravioli

sayin

• Options
    I run 2 miles in the sand every few days with a 50 pound weighted vest on. I also fuck 400 pound hookers.

Somebody said some shit about getting some protein ingested within 25 minutes, or a half hour or something. They're on the money with that, truth truth truth.

If you're going to use Creatine it might help to drink some grape juice with it, it speeds it along to the muscles. Some creatine blends don't require this though.

I run 2 miles in the sand every few days with a 50 pound weighted vest on. I also fuck 400 pound hookers.

Somebody said some shit about getting some protein ingested within 25 minutes, or a half hour or something. They're on the money with that, truth truth truth.

If you're going to use Creatine it might help to drink some grape juice with it, it speeds it along to the muscles. Some creatine blends don't require this though.

stayin away from the chems man.. I hear some bad shit about creatine

• Options

stayin away from the chems man.. I hear some bad shit about creatine

Knock em dead. Drink water.