HatStrut, what r u rockin this summer?

Comments

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    thinkin about grabbin this off of ebay on the cheap to go with a polo i just copped at the local thrift store. i might get away with wearing it once.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Do people that wear hats have a greater likelihood they'll go bald? I've heard this before, can someone confirm?

My man's thinks so, but 'nem disagree. So I don't know what to think.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

any person who would buy a hat anything[/b] that is pre-made to have rips & tears in it should get their head checked.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Bet our own rootlesscosmo's got a few in his closet.

faux has once again confused me with the one DJ Ferrari.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    say where do the kids find the hats with the sideways brims? when I buy a hat, the brim's always on straight.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ive outgrown that college/DaveMatthewsBandFan/ugly ass macrome ankle bracelet/steez.
    So you are admitting that you did embrace it at one point?
    Yes. And only in College. Back in the late 80's listening to sped up 40th generation live GrateFul Dead tapes trying to catch some patchulli trim.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

any person who would buy a hat anything[/b] that is pre-made to have rips & tears in it should get their head checked.

Grimy fisherman look.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Dude, when is this trend gonna die out? I went to the maaaaawll this weekend, all prepared for an afternoon of tag-popping, and left empty-handed upon realizing that almost every store sold the same distressed cargo-informed styles.

Either that or some bullschitt $300 lightweight jackets at Bloomie's that probably come with guyliner in the chest pocket.

Sadly, all I ended up buying was a bunch of blank t-shirts in various colors ([batmon]some of which coordinate nicely with the Vandals I picked up[/batmon]).

It's hard out there for an aging dude.

Nah. Just streamline yo steez.

Sadly, all I ended up buying was a bunch of blank t-shirts in various colors ([batmon]some of which coordinate nicely with the Vandals I picked up[/batmon]).

Same thing happens to me. I'm just not ready to go Banana Republic, so I end up with plain solid-color t-shirts and jeans or khakis. No sandals, though. My toes ain't into that.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Ive outgrown that college/DaveMatthewsBandFan/ugly ass macrome ankle bracelet/steez.

Yes. And only in College. Back in the late 80's listening to sped up 40th generation live GrateFul Dead tapes trying to catch some patchulli trim.
    this is a revelation on par w/ one strutter's secret noise band shame

khakis.

Dont let Faux know this.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    as for what city you're wearing - certainly shouldn't matter. That said i know dudes from chicago who are cubs/sox fans 4 life and wear yankees hats (suspect). Its a classic look but i hate the team. I won't wear that or racist indians gear, but other than that its open. When we were 10 or 11 there was a period where everyone was wearing charlotte hornets gear for some reason, even though we were all bulls fans.

this is a revelation on par w/ one strutter's secret noise band shame
    I was still HipHop but knew how to smack a hackysack from my foot and catch that shit on the back of my neck. Jimi Hendrix T-Shirt w/ a weed stash.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    When we were 10 or 11 there was a period where everyone was wearing charlotte hornets gear for some reason, even though we were all bulls fans.

At one point that was an inexplicably hot color scheme.

Nah. Just streamline yo steez.

This is what is happening. Over the years, things get a little more basic (and fit a lot better).

An aside: while at said mall, I saw a pair of Stan Smiths, thought about your date outfit, and laughed (in appreciation, not derision).

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    a-ight dudes, what it do with music- or record-related hats? I'm in need of a 'lid' for the summer, but i've never been much of a sports-team-gear type guy.
    I know there's Stax hats, but i already have the t-shirt. I'd totally rock a hat with the Impulse! logo or something, but can't find any music-related hats that express my personal style. holler

khakis.

Dont let Faux know this.

At this point, I don't think that's an option.

FLAME ON!!

a-ight dudes, what it do with music- or record-related hats? I'm in need of a 'lid' for the summer, but i've never been much of a sports-team-gear type guy.
    I know there's Stax hats, but i already have the t-shirt. I'd totally rock a hat with the Impulse! logo or something, but can't find any music-related hats that express my personal style. holler

Take that to Urban Outfitters.Org.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    khakis.

Dont let Faux know this.

FLAME ON!!

Do they have pleats?

khakis.

Dont let Faux know this.

FLAME ON!!

Do they have pleats?

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever that, son. The work versions are unpleated, sheer Dockers, the casual versions are Carhartt.

khakis.

Dont let Faux know this.

Do they have pleats?

Dogs put the fear of Khakis in me ever since Ive been here.
    Ill have to sport some to the bar when we catch the Western Conference Finals. Ill make sure to pair them w/ a broken in Boston Cap.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    i dig this hat so much I bought two

don't bite

don't bite

late pass.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    according to my local fashion mag reading experience khakis are BACK

fashion gods, whats yr take on on linen suits? agl?

Riddle Me This?

according to my local fashion mag reading experience khakis are BACK

I once bought a pair of linen pants on the advice of the then-girlfriend. I put them on the first time and felt, well, rather fancy. And not in a good way.

A linen blazer might work, though. But I don't recall ever seeing one, so I couldn't say with any certainty.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

don't bite

late pass.

one's still unworn the other one is getting beat up..still has some life to it.

don't bite

That reminds me: my grandma (RIP) was at the first game ever played at the Astrodome. I have the program at home.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

don't bite

That reminds me: my grandma (RIP) was at the first game ever played at the Astrodome. I have the program at home.

Gangsta comment of the day award winner.