NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    They need to find out if Ager is worth a damn. He saw a few looks in the Dubs series. But basically when he hit the floor, Mavs fan knew it was a wrap. I saw some flashes there late in the season.

Desmond Mason might actually be coming to Dallas next year. He's from the area and there were several articles about that earlier this year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    They need to find out if Ager is worth a damn. He saw a few looks in the Dubs series. But basically when he hit the floor, Mavs fan knew it was a wrap. I saw some flashes there late in the season.

Desmond Mason might actually be coming to Dallas next year. He's from the area and there were several articles about that earlier this year.

He lookin to get out of his situation.

Ager played w/out any baggage, which seemed like a breath of fresh air.His size is suspect.

Ager played w/out any baggage, which seemed like a breath of fresh air.His size is suspect.

Yeah. He is smaller than you'd like. He goes hard though. He had some nasty throw-downs late in the season on drives to the hoop.

We got these two dudes way down on the bench...DJ Mbenga and Pops Mensa-Bonsu. Pops is very raw but he is so explosive. He can jump out the gym. Those are probably pipe dreams to hope those guys would develop, though.

They don't have many moves to make so they'll have to be shrewd. And Cuban is gonna have to open up the checkbook again.......

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

They don't have many moves to make so they'll have to be shrewd. And Cuban is gonna have to open up the checkbook again.......

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    QUESTION!!!!
    the sixers get the mavs first round draft pick.
    is it based on regular season standing or how deep they go in the playoffs?
    (fingers crossed)

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Congrats to the Warriors, and not to take anything away from them, but they were not the "underdogs!!! probably the Greatest 1st round performance in NBA history!!". It was one elite team that couldn't figure out another one, throughout the season. It was a dismantling from start to finish. Not a down-to-the-wire, battle of will.

I feel sorry for Dallas. Any other 1st round matchup and things would probably have been drastically different. But anyway, trivialities aside, the Warriors have positioned themselves very well in the West now. Houston, Phoenix, San Antonio? These are beatable teams.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Kidd back in Dallas?

This is being talked about.

Gene, any chance of an avatar change? Maybe it's just me, but the Stack joint is rather abrasive on the eyes, homey.

not to take anything away from them, but they were not the "underdogs!!! probably the Greatest 1st round performance in NBA history!!". It was one elite team that couldn't figure out another one, throughout the season.

How can the Warriors be considered an "elite team" having barely made the playoffs this year for the first time since 1994, oh great scientist of basketball?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    not to take anything away from them, but they were not the "underdogs!!! probably the Greatest 1st round performance in NBA history!!". It was one elite team that couldn't figure out another one, throughout the season.

How can the Warriors be considered an "elite team" having barely made the playoffs this year for the first time since 1994, oh great scientist of basketball?

i think he's talkin about the Mavs dude.

fyi d, you gotta come through next week. i got 5 days to live it up before i have the summer of hell.

i think he's talkin about the Mavs dude.

fyi d, you gotta come through next week. i got 5 days to live it up before i have the summer of hell.

I'm still not understanding how Dallas not being able to figure out the Warriors all season disqualifies the series from being the greatest 1st round (upset) performance in NBA history.

b/w

Next weekend. I'm on it.

I kinda phrased that awkward. Just "another team". If Dallas were the defending champions and had beat them consistently, then yes that would make the Warriors the "underdogs". But that was simply not the case.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Any other 1st round matchup and things would probably have been drastically different.

Can anyone imagine how unbelievably weak a Dallas/Clippers or Dallas/New Orleans matchup would have been?

• not to take anything away from them, but they were not the "underdogs!!! probably the Greatest 1st round performance in NBA history!!". It was one elite team that couldn't figure out another one, throughout the season.

I kinda phrased that awkward. Just "another team". If Dallas were the defending champions and had beat them consistently, then yes that would make the Warriors the "underdogs". But that was simply not the case.

The Warriors were the "underdogs" because Dallas was were the 1 seed and the Warriors were the 8th. Simple as that.

The Warriors were the "underdogs" because Dallas was were the 1 seed and the Warriors were the 8th. Simple as that.

On paper.

I will bow out from nitpicking now. Peace my Nor-cal friends.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

On paper.

HYPHY.

On paper.

HYPHY.

...ey!!...ey!!...ey!!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    for anyone else that cares about the east, theres blood a brewing in the midwest:

From the Detroit Free Press:

"Right now, it's all business," guard Richard Hamilton said. "Ain't no conversation, ain't no buddy ball. We're coming at ... I know I'm coming at Ben Wallace's chest, so he better watch out."

this series will be real interesting to watch. im worried about flip making the necc adjustments... but im real stoked to see the big ben/pistons dynamic in the playoff world.

anyone remember one of the season games when ben had a mike on?

this needs to happen again.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Btw I am the president of the "Dirk Nowitski: Good, Not Great" club.

That's cool.

Here's two more Good, not Greats:

Steve Nash
    Tracy McGrady

When Steve Nash emerges from his conference or even finally beats the fucking Spurs in a playoff series, maybe he can elevate.

ummmmm last year?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Payin' up to the only baller that had the balls to bet on the Warriors!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dollar Bin

Btw I am the president of the "Dirk Nowitski: Good, Not Great" club.

That's cool.

Steve Nash
    Tracy McGrady

When Steve Nash emerges from his conference or even finally beats the fucking Spurs in a playoff series, maybe he can elevate.

ummmmm last year?

Huh? Phoenix neither won the West nor beat the Spurs last year. Perhaps I misunderstand you.

Can anyone imagine how unbelievably weak wonderful a Dallas/Clippers or Dallas/New Orleans matchup would have been?

LOOK INTO THE EYES OF STACK, DREWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice work, dollar_bin. I never sent you that deal cos once it was obvious we were going to play youse guys, it didn't seem right and in hindsight I might've spared myself some grief. I have to say, it was shocking to see your smack talking side come out.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Payin' up to the only baller that had the balls to bet on the Warriors!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dollar Bin

Enjoy, R*ch, enjoy!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Thanks Dollar Bin

Enjoy, R*ch, enjoy!

Rockadelic is a gunslinger.

COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION[/b]

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

nice.

ITS TIME TO WORK[/b]

Man, Drewn that is fucked up. It's like Shied is shooting Noci's dome!

C'MON BULLS!!!!! PISTONS HAVE *BEEN* THROUGH. DON'T BE SCARED OF OL' BROKE LEG #84. GO AHEAD AND KNOCK 'EM OUT SO WE CAN GET TO THE PROCESS OF BRINGING MR. BIG SHOT TO THE REAL D-TOWN!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Dood. Dirk at the 5 is an abomination. Please....no.

He's fine at the 4. Against 28 other teams that don't start a combo swingman at the 4, he's Goldie. You start matching him up on 3s and you got problems.

Jermaine O'Neal would be an absolutely perfect fit. Didn't y'all originally draft Dampier...maybe we can work something out!

Yeah I used to rock Dampier on NBA LIVE. They programmed his ass like he was gonna be next level but all he really did was level off.

Jermaine wont play 5 so

Dirk .....Roaming 5
    O'Neal .... Shooting/Scoring/Blocking/Postup 4
    Howard - 3

You back court is on u.

Harris showed some nuts. But who does he share the backcourt w/? A BIg shooting Guard ala Grant Hill/Morris Peterson/Desmond Mason?

Jermaine for Dirk. Dallas would suddenly be a team I could feel and the Pacers would lead the League in goofy white dudes. I think they might could even rock a goofy white dude starting five.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

Steve Nash

ppffft.
    he isn't godly, but damn...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts