New Genre alert: HIPSTER-HOP

Comments

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

tone loc!

i'm not sure what your post means

me neither?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i find it hard to disagree with all you in the last few posts

but that being said...show me a scene where there arent pepple trying too hard or trying to act a part or whatever. they got a lot of people going to their shows, so some people like it. and i got nothing against a show where the crowd is on the dancefloor most of the time having fun. and if dancing + fun = ironic fun, then im going to go there, meet some girls, go to her place and get some ironic booty.

now i exit this thread and hang up my mantle of being the hipster apologist.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    "bad" as classified by you
    its all personal taste
    some people pass judgement on things before they do anything else.
    others feed off the people around them before letting their inner critic rear its bitchy little head

whatup raperape!

tone loc!

i'm not sure what your post means
    but dude the music sucks
    and the scene is corny

the end

i need to translate now?!?
    some people complain and find fault before they relax and have fun.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    When does the Kill Whitey party plat into this? There seem to be a gang of asshurt cats up in here when that party was goin on.

ironic booty[/b]

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    When does the Kill Whitey party plat into this? There seem to be a gang of asshurt cats up in here when that party was goin on.

Yeah but nobody on soulstrut is friends with those guys.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

haha actually wasn't rape_donkey?

haha actually wasn't rape_donkey?

Nah - He got me.

ironic booty[/b]

NEW GENRE ALERT!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    You're right. I have to give credit where credit is due: I'm amazed by hipsters' (how do you spot one? Better yet, why should I care?) ability to piss people off by just doing their own thing and not giving a damn. Personally, I think there are hipsters, snobs and image obsessed fans in every musical genre and scene. Also, someone being embarassed for liking a certain type of music because he or she is too self-conscious about being associated with "those people" is just as corny as those who think they are ultra-intelligent because they listen to Pink Floyd and rock 'vintage' clothes. Who knows...maybe in 30 years people will chase Weezer CDs the same way guys today go after psych, punk and other genres which evolved from "don't give a fuck what everyone thinks" attitudes.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    it would be a hard pill to swallow (for some) to say that a herd of hipsters put you on to some music that could probably be classified as a subgenre of hip-hop.

don't know if that is a factor in these re-occuring threads, but it could be.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

This fits more into sun-ra hop than hipster hop (says the only Rammellzee fan).

HI GUYS!

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    It's just like Eric Clapton or SRV and blues. Not because they're white, because they don't do it right. They gut the music for the elements that they want and toss the rest.

Bit like sampling loops from jazz masterpieces?

Just sayin'. I got no beef with sampling if the end result sounds good.

Yeah, you could say that. The difference is that hip hop isn't trying to be jazz. Whateva, I dont feel that strongly about it either way.

• one thing is for sure... they alllll dress the same.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    When your fashion speaks louder than your music, that's not keepin' it real! And last time I checked, keepin' it real was a big part of Hip-Hop. I keep it real.

When your fashion speaks louder than your music, that's not keepin' it real! And last time I checked, keepin' it real was a big part of Hip-Hop. I keep it real.

Keepin it real in so last century.

• I think if you know what a hipster is you probably are one..

I think if you know what a hipster is you probably are one..

it seems that people on this board think of the "hipster" word as a bad thing - i dont. In fact, I think if you do - your probably not having very much fun.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think if you know what a hipster is you probably are one..

it seems that people on this board think of the "hipster" word as a bad thing - i dont. In fact, I think if you do - your probably not having very much fun.

Well, that conclusion would tend to follow from the fact that everyone who isn't already up on hipster-hop has yet to discover fun.

Well, that conclusion would tend to follow from the fact that everyone who isn't already up on hipster-hop has yet to discover fun.
    no - if your overly ass-hurt about hipster-hop you have yet to discover fun.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    ok, so the top girl is kinda cute, and the asian girl on the bottom right has a decent mug...but aside from that.... its looking like .

was this the cream of the crop? some of these girls are scaring me.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

this thread pleases me.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    was this the cream of the crop?

b/w

are these parties the only place you can find drunk chicks?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

b/w

A disappointing number of SoulStrut debates on music seem to come down to "but drunk chicks like it!!!" often accompanied by pictures.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

b/w

A disappointing number of SoulStrut debates on music seem to come down to "but drunk chicks like it!!!" often accompanied by pictures.
    lots of people seem to have discovered drunk chicks and hipster-hop at the same time