greatest comic book-film adaptation of all time??

124»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yeah that one. the animation and story telling seems similar to the xmen ones on the same station. I caught the 1st season of silver surfer from the TV-links web site.

I have most of season 1 on VHS. That was my shit.
    such a crime that they never made season two. i was reading up on it and found out something about a bankrupcy despite of the shows success in ratings. They left the viewer just waiting with an unresolved season finale.

It was ahead of its time.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    im not terribly farmilliar with the the comic book storyline but it seemed that the show focused much more on specifics from the book than the xmen series did. That was one of the interesting points for in the silver surfer series. much further character development and richer story lines.
    the deal was that they probably could do more with more characters with distinct personalities in xmen than follow silver surfer search for shala-ba and never find it.

im not terribly farmilliar with the the comic book storyline but it seemed that the show focused much more on specifics from the book than the xmen series did. That was one of the interesting points for in the silver surfer series. much further character development and richer story lines.
    the deal was that they probably could do more with more characters with distinct personalities in xmen than follow silver surfer search for shala-ba and never find it.

Yeah - Silver Surfer's cartoon kept real close to the book until he arrived on Earth. They "modernized" Nova for the saturday morning crowd,which i understood because she originates from the Fantastic Four book.
    The dialogue on the cartoon was on some sci-fi shit way more than spiderman/xmen/hulk/ironman cartoons out during the mid to late 90's. Marvel will probably release this on DVD after the FF movie....................I hope.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    here is the first season
    if you have any curiousity.
    im not sure if they would release it on DVD being that they left it unfinished. I could see them doing it if they did the first two expisodes of the second season just to finish up what they left unanswered. They had written all of the second season just never produced the episodes. Im not sure if its accurate from the comic book but its a great story.

here is the first season
    if you have any curiousity.
    im not sure if they would release it on DVD being that they left it unfinished. I could see them doing it if they did the first two expisodes of the second season just to finish up what they left unanswered. They had written all of the second season just never produced the episodes. Im not sure if its accurate from the comic book but its a great story.

You should pick up a Surfer graphic novel that sums up his history. Do it so the movie doesnt taint your view. Essential Kirby/Buscema/Byrne/Lim stuff you could cop.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i have a buddy that works at a comic book shop in town. ill see if he cant snag me something to get me familliar.