greatest comic book-film adaptation of all time??

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Also,Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (director's cut) on par with Batman Begins.

GAME THE FUCK OVER!!!!
    Return of The Joker(The Director's Cut!!!) is argueably one of the greatest BATMAN stories ever written.

RUN, dont walk and cop this shit for under $10 at your local dvd spot. Dont Sleep.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Sin City - for best accuracy
    Batman Begins for righting all the past wrongs
    Spider-Man for mixing the new w/ the old
    X-Men 1&2 for just trying to encapsule the feel of the book
    Superman 1&2 for setting up the genre
    Batman/Adam West 2 hr movie/intro - no words

I agree about Batman Begins. Even though it's not the most accurate comic adaptation, it was done better than most.

Speaking of Adam West, I saw him and his wife having dinner last night. I didn't want to bother him. I'm not into "celebrity" anything, but it was cool seeing him.

Speaking of Adam West, I saw him and his wife having dinner last night. I didn't want to bother him. I'm not into "celebrity" anything, but it was cool seeing him.

Adam West/Sade/MJackson/Mr Rogers are the only cats i would go bananas for when it comes to celebs.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i didnt read page 2, but am i the only one riding for this one?

best adaptation, probably not
    best batman movie, definetly

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    one more thing, Spiderman would have been alot better IMO if they had someone other than her play MJ.

fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

i didnt read page 2, but am i the only one riding for this one?

best adaptation, probably not
    best batman movie, definetly

You better check my earlier list dog. Hell fuckin jeah. Best....argueable.

For Real Heads only. OG shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    one more thing, Spiderman would have been alot better IMO if they had someone other than her play MJ.

I don't have a problem with her playing MJ,
    but I do have issues with the character - MJ
    was supposed to be the wild child opposite
    of good-girl Gwen Stacy, but they seem to have
    made her more of a composite of the two.

fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

No doubt, but u know u cant front on the upside down kiss w/ the hard n wet nipple action in #1.
    She's is no Romita/McFarlane Mary Jane. I ll have to do some resaerch and come up w/ a better real redhead for the role. Who do u think shoulda played the role?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

oh snap, i didnt know this existed
    ive been sleepin
    im on some VHS only tip, but i think i need to make an exception

oh snap, i didnt know this existed

ive been sleepin
    im on some VHS only tip, but i think i need to make an exception

Let me warn you though.....Shit is hella slow. But its source energy stuff.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

No doubt, but u know u cant front on the upside down kiss w/ the hard n wet nipple action in #1.
    She's is no Romita/McFarlane Mary Jane. I ll have to do some resaerch and come up w/ a better real redhead for the role. Who do u think shoulda played the role?
    that top middle picture looks like a young carmen electra
    she would never work though.
    that rain scene in #1 is definetly her best.

fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

that top middle picture looks like a young carmen electra

she would never work though.
    that rain scene in #1 is definetly her best.

Maybe??? And she'd have to keep the body up..... none of that coke shit.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    really tough call but id say no. I feel like the actor's personal background has a large influence on the character in a strange way. Plus could her acting keep up with the demands of this character? If they gave her the wild MJ or the tame MJ either way i think she couldnt cut it.

really tough call but id say no. I feel like the actor's personal background has a large influence on the character in a strange way. Plus could her acting keep up with the demands of this character? If they gave her the wild MJ or the tame MJ either way i think she couldnt cut it.

Dont sleep....Just sayin. She doesnt have the chops like the one casted.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

Dont sleep....Just sayin. She doesnt have the chops like the one casted.
    This pic is more convincing, but i cant get the "parent trap" Linsey Lohan out of my head.

• What's up with yer boy Ice T in Tank Girl. OG kangaroo style...

Fightin the evils of natural resource depletion across tha globe...

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Ice T plays the kangaroo?

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The early issues of this were the bomb.

Sienkiewicz!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Secret Wars

Damn, I just posted this in the greatest "not-yet-made comic-film adaptation..." thread. I can understand if you think it can't be done justice in a single film, but I think it would be dope if done right.

A mini-series might be the ticket. 10-12 episodes on HBO? Tell me that couldn't do it right.

Secret Wars

Damn, I just posted this in the greatest "not-yet-made comic-film adaptation..." thread. I can understand if you think it can't be done justice in a single film, but I think it would be dope if done right.

A mini-series might be the ticket. 10-12 episodes on HBO? Tell me that couldn't do it right.

So do you put a CGI Hulk next to the Ben Grimm from the FF movie?
    Secret Wars is seriously dated. Go back and re-read it. It more marketing ploy than a continuity shifting stortline. You basically talking about an ensemble cats of villians & heros double the amount in X-Men 3.
    We'll see how this new Spidey-3 works w/ the 3 villians it plans to feature.

As a fan boy and still a reader/collector of comics I think a certain amount of epic stories should be left alone. If you really check the success rate of comic book film, shit is still suspect. There is still alot of work to do before you even try the Infinity Gauntlet/SecretWars/Kree-Skrull War/Invasion/etc...or whatever summer blockbuster superhero story that attracted peripheral fans. Shit, theyre just now doing Silver Surfer and the jury is out on that. They couldnt treat Daredevil w/ any extra love. So cats are dreamin to see an EPIC? I simply want the movie game to get tighter before they even think about lookin at the epics.
    Can I have a simple Captain America movie? Can we start w/ the canon of heroes. Batman Superman Wonder Woman Green Lantern Aquaman Flash? Thor Cap Iron.......

Nah, I hear that. It has been an awfully long time since I cracked open a poly-bag, so I wouldn't be surprised if Secret Wars doesn't hold up.

But the way so many of these films re-write the source material, you could essentially create a new plot for the whole thing.

Nah, I hear that. It has been an awfully long time since I cracked open a poly-bag, so I wouldn't be surprised if Secret Wars doesn't hold up.

But the way so many of these films re-write the source material, you could essentially create a new plot for the whole thing.

They'd have to do that.
    And how would u introduce the black costume after this SpiderMan 3 story? U dont wanna confuse the burger king kids.

And how would u introduce the black costume after this SpiderMan 3 story? U dont wanna confuse the burger king kids.

How are they supposed to be handling it in Spiderman 3? Does it just start with Eddie Brock having the costume or something?

How are they supposed to be handling it in Spiderman 3? Does it just start with Eddie Brock having the costume or something?

I dont know. Maybe Jameson Jr brought it back from the moon? Who knows. Maybe Spiderman returns from Secret Wars? Yeah right. The costume is at the center of the marketing/promo pics.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Shit, theyre just now doing Silver Surfer and the jury is out on that.
    speaking on silver surfer. did anyone catch the (unfinished) cartoon show that aired on fox?

Shit, theyre just now doing Silver Surfer and the jury is out on that.
    speaking on silver surfer. did anyone catch the (unfinished) cartoon show that aired on fox?

Are u talkin about the one that came out in like '99?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    yeah that one. the animation and story telling seems similar to the xmen ones on the same station. I caught the 1st season of silver surfer from the TV-links web site.

yeah that one. the animation and story telling seems similar to the xmen ones on the same station. I caught the 1st season of silver surfer from the TV-links web site.

I have most of season 1 on VHS. That was my shit.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

I have most of season 1 on VHS. That was my shit.
    such a crime that they never made season two. i was reading up on it and found out something about a bankrupcy despite of the shows success in ratings. They left the viewer just waiting with an unresolved season finale.