Margarita Recipes/Tequillas?

Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Me and my girlfriends are making mango margaritas tonight. Which tequilla are preferred for them? Are high end silvers a waste?Does one need Cointreau if mangos are involved? Fresh lime juice. Mint? Peppers?

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    my suggestion, keep it simple-

patron silver
    cointreau
    plenty of fresh lime
    rock salt
    little bit of club soda

mix it, shake it up, rim the glass, enjoy.

I would use a little of the triple sec even if you are using mango juice. I think it's 1 part triple sec to 2 parts tequila...

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

patron silver
    cointreau
    plenty of fresh lime
    rock salt
    little bit of club soda

I would use a little of the triple sec even if you are using mango juice. I think it's 1 part triple sec to 2 parts tequila...

Dope

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Light OR Dark....you won't be disappointed.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Im thinkin this summer Im gonna make a nice little batch of infused tequila for me and my kinfolk. And my hombres.

plus [/b]

plus [/b]

let it bask in the sun, and make some AWESOME margarita's and bloody mary's.

I know you all are jealous.

and bloody mary's

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    and bloody mary's

its damn good.

somehow cilantro in a drink (albeit infused) doesn't sound good, but I could imagine it tasting alright in a bloody mary. but a margarita? i don't know. I'd try it though.

I did some infused gin last year. I used citrus, it came out pretty good. It was great in a rocks glass.

somehow cilantro in a drink (albeit infused) doesn't sound good, but I could imagine it tasting alright in a bloody mary. but a margarita? i don't know. I'd try it though.

I did some infused gin last year. I used citrus, it came out pretty good. It was great in a rocks glass.

You'd need tomato juice to cut that cilantro flavor. Ill tty it one day.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

patron silver
    cointreau
    plenty of fresh lime
    rock salt
    little bit of club soda

listen to this man, he knows what he is talking about.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    sorry to crash the thread

Finish the night off with a couple of ROCK LOBSTERS....sweet though.

Ingredients

1 shot DeKuyper?? Razzmatazz liqueur
    1 shot Crown Royal?? Canadian whisky
    2 oz cranberry juice

Directions of recipe >>
    Pour razzmatazz and crown royal into an ice-filled glass. Fill with cranberry juice, and serve.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    For standard margaritas, using fresh lime juice is 90% of it. If you've done that, even regular Cuervo will taste fine. I believe the classic recipe is 3 parts juice, 2 parts tequila, 1 part triple sec.

Then again, a mango margarita may require a better tequila, since mango is a milder flavor than lime. I wouldn't use anything too fancy as a mixer, though.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    if using mango definately add lime juice!!!! they compliment each other so well.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Are high end silvers a waste?

YES.

After 5 years of bartending there is still nothing that annoys me more than someone ordering a Greygoose and Cranberry or a Patron Margarita.

It depletes the purpose of drinking a fine liquor. Chinaco, Herradura, Don Julio, Corzo, Patron all fine tequilas should be consumed straight or on the rocks. Same with quality Vodkas and Whiskeys. The money you are putting into a bottle of good spirits is for the flavor not the name...you can tell that to usher but its meaningless and wasteful to add a bunch of juice and crap to $50 bottle or to order a $15 margarita.

There are plenty of mid-level inexpensive tequilas like Sauza Hornitos, Cuervo Traditional ( but not the 1800 shit ) Don Eduardo ( which is a lot cheaper than Patron with a lot of simularities...just a little more piney) They are all fine for infusions and Margaritas.

I made a Rita that we dedicated to James Brown a couple months ago:

'Hot Pants' = Jalepeno Infused Tequila with a Raspberry Jalepeno puree, a splash of Harlequin ( a triple sec kinda thing) Fresh squeezed lime juice and Simple Syrup. Sweet and Spicy!

The 'Isla Mujeres' is another drink from the Bar that has a Black Pepper Infused Tequila with Pomegranate and Fresh Lime simple syrup and salt. SO GOOD.

Another one I came up with is the ' Raising Arizona' which is a grapefruit maragrita. Hornitos, Grapefruit, Harlequin and thats it..no sugar no lime.

Freshly muddled or squeezed lime is essential.

But using expenisive alcohol is wasteful and rather pointless. Patron doesnt really taste like anything and its a little overrated. Chinaco is often less spendy and a bit better IMO. Corzo, which is pretty new on the market is a good alternative to Patron as well. I can tell you why its stupid to drink Greygoose Greyhounds, capecods and drivers...but it for the same reason...if you are an experienced drinker you pick these things for taste not show.

Im told that in some parts of Mexico it is standard to include a float of cheap beer in any margarita, You should try it sometime.

• Rockwell's Blackout Frozen Margarita:

fill blender halfway with frozen strawberries, and another 1/4 way with ice
    tequila until it reaches the halfway line
    margarita mix to taste
    blend and enjoy

I'm a big fan of
    1/2 of juiced grapefruit
    1/2 of juiced lime
    ice
    tequilla !!!

• Im told that in some parts of Mexico it is standard to include a float of cheap beer in any margarita, You should try it sometime.

Yes! But for some reason it is better from just putting a bit of beer from draft in the Rita.

I feel better when I drink Patron the next day in my Rita's, than cheap stuff. Isn't the word that Patron is the new Henny?

-A

• another one:

1 can of frozen limeade/margarita mix
    tequila
    3 coronas

empty frozen mix into punchbowl, fill empty can with tequila and add to frozen mix. Add 3 coronas, mix until well blended - enjoy!

• I'm a big fan of
    1/2 of juiced grapefruit
    1/2 of juiced lime
    ice
    tequilla !!!

ooohh - I once had a grapefruit margarita with sugar instead of salt on the rim. quite tasty.

Im told that in some parts of Mexico it is standard to include a float of cheap beer in any margarita, You should try it sometime.

Yes! But for some reason it is better from just putting a bit of beer from draft in the Rita.

I feel better when I drink Patron the next day in my Rita's, than cheap stuff. Isn't the word that Patron is the new Henny?

-A

I hear ya! I was gonna say, you can add all the patron you want to rita's and bloody rita's and not get hung over...but for me I'd rather drink it straight and save my money for a few beers after so I can really enjoy the flavor.

We are all big Tequila lovers and apprecitate the taste and experience. So many of the joeys at the bar order patron margaritas to be cool and when they find out its $13 bucks they feel like a jackass and are too cheap to tip. If you can drink in moderation then something a little cheaper and flavorfull will only add too your margarita experience. When you use patron it just tastes like limead. Like with greygoose and cran..you cant taste the vodka when you add mixers, but yeah you wont be hungover so if you can afford to drink them..all the more power.

I do agree that cilantro and hot peppers are really good infused or even muddled into marys and ritas.

Thats a good idea with the sugar rim. Im still not sure about the lime, I'll have to try it Ive just been using straight grape.

On a side, somewhat related note I need to come up with something to use with the Absoult Pear???

Any ideas or suggestions??

GreyGoose is making a Pear vodka now too that is MUCH MUCH better than absoult....but I think Absoult sucks in general

Anyways...need some ideas.

• Thats a good idea with the sugar rim. Im still not sure about the lime, I'll have to try it Ive just been using straight grape.

On a side, somewhat related note I need to come up with something to use with the Absoult Pear???

Any ideas or suggestions??

GreyGoose is making a Pear vodka now too that is MUCH MUCH better than absoult....but I think Absoult sucks in general

Anyways...need some ideas.

some sort of Pear martini perhaps?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Two years ago I was at a place in Austin called El Polvo with some of the ARC crew and had the best Margarita I'd ever had.

I went to the bar and asked the bartender for the recipe and he said the secret was the tequila, Cazadores.

When I got back to Dallas I went to my favorite liquor store(Goody Goody: Metroplex heads know the deal) and searched the tequila aisle for the Cazadores goodness.

Not a bottle in sight amongst the $10.00 cheap ass brands or the $200.00 hipster swill.

As I was leaving I asked the cashier if he had ever heard of Cazadores and he said "Of course" while pointing to the showcase that held the $1,000 Cognacs and $2,000 bottles of Wine.

My reply was some weak ass "Oh, I didn't realize it was that expensive, I guess I'll pass".

He leaned over the counter, looked around and whispered "It's not that expensive, we just have to keep it locked up because it's the bottle that most often "walks out" of the store".

$28.00 will buy you the best bottle of Tequila you've ever tasted, guaranteed.... $42.00 for the even finer "Anejo"

http://www.cazadores.com/

Are high end silvers a waste?

YES.

After 5 years of bartending there is still nothing that annoys me more than someone ordering a Greygoose and Cranberry or a Patron Margarita.

It depletes the purpose of drinking a fine liquor. Chinaco, Herradura, Don Julio, Corzo, Patron all fine tequilas should be consumed straight or on the rocks.

Do you mean to say that a Cranberry and Aristocrat is going to taste as good as a Cranberry and Goose? I understand where you're coming from, but a good drink is a good drink, and good liquor can make most mixed drinks better. A gin and tonic with Seagram's is nowhere near as good as a G&T with even Tanquerey or Bombay (depending on your taste for gin). I think it's perfectly warrented when somebody orders a simple mixed drink with a fine liquor. Maybe the liquor snobs will turn their nose up at you but unless they got the bill, fuck 'em!

Now, some drinks obviously shouldn't use fine liquors (anything that goes in a blender, anything that mixes more than one kind of liquor, etc), but a simple drink simply tastes better with better liquor in my opinion.

Also, is it a myth or is it truth that finer liquors can give you a "cleaner" buzz? I've noticed it before, but it could be mostly psychological.

-A

I hear ya! I was gonna say, you can add all the patron you want to rita's and bloody rita's and not get hung over...but for me I'd rather drink it straight and save my money for a few beers after so I can really enjoy the flavor.

We are all big Tequila lovers and apprecitate the taste and experience. So many of the joeys at the bar order patron margaritas to be cool and when they find out its $13 bucks they feel like a jackass and are too cheap to tip. If you can drink in moderation then something a little cheaper and flavorfull will only add too your margarita experience. When you use patron it just tastes like limead. Like with greygoose and cran..you cant taste the vodka when you add mixers, but yeah you wont be hungover so if you can afford to drink them..all the more power.

I do agree that cilantro and hot peppers are really good infused or even muddled into marys and ritas.

I didn't read this before I posted my last one, but I will say I can DEFINITELY taste grey goose or patron in any drink. Maybe I just don't drink enough liquor, but I've never had the problem of a drink tasting like it has absolutely no liquor in it when I get one with finer liquors. Part of the reason I do like finer liquors is because they are smoother, as I am not a hardcore liquor drinker. I will say that anybody who orders patron or goose at the bar "just to be cool" and is unaware of the cost and/or difference is a jack ass to begin with and I would be perturbed by them as well if I were a bartender.

Totally... I was just going to say about the cleaner buzz that it is the way they are distilled that gives them less hangover potential.

Kettleone is a great midrange vodka but for some reason I have a very bad reaction to it ( i just dont drink the cheap stuff ever, kinda the same as my beer consumption) But Stoli and Absolut dont kill me but they are all comparable.

Im just partial to standards like stoli or mono, or bombay or jameson....I dont care for jack daniels or cuervo 1800 either if that says anything. For basic mixed drinks and really enjoy the flavor and smoothness of fine vodka and tequila and think they stand out by themselves.

Becky and Joey will end up with their head in the can no matter what they drink so I can rest knowing that.

Becky and Joey will end up with their head in the can no matter what they drink so I can rest knowing that.

Haha, especially the ones that still order "LIIT's".

Any san diego heads ever goto El Agave???? Holy Tequila

here's their tequila menu
    1921 A??EJO
    1921 BLANCO
    1921 RESERVA ESPECIAL
    30-30 A??EJO
    30-30 BLANCO
    30-30 REPOSADO
    3-4-5 A??EJO SUPREMO
    AGAVE LOCO
    AGAVERO
    AGUILA AZUL
    ARANDAS BLANCO
    ARANDAS ORO
    ALTE??O REPOSADO
    ARETE BLANCO
    ARETE REPOSADO
    ARETE SUAVE BLANCO
    ARETE SUAVE REPOSADO
    ARETE GRAN CLASE
    ALCATRAZ A??EJO
    ALCATRAZ REPOSADO
    ALACATRAZ BLANCO
    ANCESTRA BLANCO
    ANCESTRA BLANCO FUERTE
    ANCESTRA REPOSADO
    ANCESTRA A??EJO
    ANCESTRA SUPREMO
    ARROYO NEGRO BLANCO
    ARROYO NEGRO REPOSADO
    1810 BLANCO
    1810 REPOSADO
    1810 A??EJO
    AFICIONADO BLANCO
    AFICIONADO REPOSADO
    AFICIONADO A??EJO
    BAJA GOLD
    BARRIQUE DE PONCIANO PORFIDIO
    BLACK DEATH GOLD
    BLACK DEATH SILVER
    BERRUECO REPOSADO
    BARRANCAS A??EJO
    BERRUECO REPOSADO ARTESANAL
    BERRUECO A??EJO PIEDRA
    CABRITO REPOSADO
    CABRITO BLANCO
    CANCUN GOLD
    CAPITAN GOLD
    CASA DE CAMACHO GOLD
    CASA DE CAMACHO SILVER
    CASA GRANDE REPOSADO
    CASTA BRAVA REPOSADO
    CASTA ORO
    CASTA WEBER AZUL A??EJO
    CAZADORES REPOSADO
    CENTENARIO PLATA
    CENTENARIO REPOSADO
    CENTINELA A??EJO
    CENTINELA A??EJO 3 A??OS
    CENTINELA BLANCO
    CENTINELA REPOSADO
    CHILI PEPPER GOLD
    CHINACO A??EJO
    CHINACO A??EJO BOWL
    CHINACO BLANCO
    CHINACO BLANCO BOWL
    CHINACO REPOSADO
    CHINACO REPOSADO BOWL
    CORONADO
    CORRALEJO REPOSADO
    CABO WABO REPOSADO
    CABO WABO BLANCO
    CABO WABO A??EJO
    CASA NOBLE REPOSADO
    CHIMAYO REPOSADO
    CENTENARIO A??EJO
    CINCO DE MAYO REPOSADO
    CHAMUCOS REPOSADO
    CABALLO VIEJO REPOSADO
    CASA NOBLE BLANCO
    CASA NOBLE GOLD
    CASA NOBLE A??EJO
    CORRALEJO A??EJO
    CORRALEJO BLANCO
    CORRALEJO 3
    CHARRERIA REPOSADO
    CANICAS REPOSADO
    CIBOLA REPOSADO
    CAVA ANTIGUA REPOSADO
    CAVA ANTIGUA BLANCO
    CAVA ANTIGUA A??EJO
    CORAZON BLANCO
    CORAZON REPOSADO
    CANTERA A??EJO
    CASA REAL BLANCO
    CASA REAL REPOSADO
    CARMESI REPOSADO
    CARACOL REPOSADO
    DISTINQT LEMONY
    DISTINQT ORANGY
    DON JULIO A??EJO
    DON JULIO BLANCO
    DON JULIO REPOSADO
    DON AGUST??N REPOSADO
    DON CESAR MONTERREY GOLD
    DON FERNANDO REPOSADO
    DON FERNANDO A??EJO
    DON FERNANDO BLANCO
    DON EDUARDO A??EJO
    DON EDUARDO BLANCO
    DON ALEJO BLANCO
    DON ALEJO REPOSADO
    DON JES??S REPOSADO
    DE REYES ALMENDRADO
    DE REYES A??EJO
    DOS CORONAS ANIVERSARIO
    DOS CORONAS REPOSADO
    DON JACINTO REPOSADO
    DON CAMILO REPOSADO
    DON CAMILO A??EJO
    DEL DUE??O JEREZITO DEL DUE??O
    EL AMO ACEVES
    EL CHARRO REPOSADO
    EL CHARRO SILVER
    EL CHARRO A??EJO
    EL CHARRO GRAN RESERVA
    EL CONQUISTADOR A??EJO
    EL CONQUISTADOR BLANCO
    EL GATO SILVER
    EL GRAN MATADOR GOLD
    EL GRAN MATADOR SILVER
    EL TESORO DE DON FELIPE A??EJO
    EL TESORO DE DON FELIPE REPOSADO
    EL TESORO DE DON FELIPE SILVER
    EL VIEJITO A??EJO
    EL VIEJITO REPOSADO
    EL ANFITRION ARTESANAL
    EL ANFITRION REPOSADO
    EL CONQUISTADOR REPOSADO
    EL PUENTE VIEJO REPOSADO
    EL GRITO BLANCO
    EL GRITO REPOSADO
    EL TIRADOR A??EJO
    ESPOLON BLANCO
    ESPOLON REPOSADO
    EL TESORO AZTECA BLANCO
    EL REY SOL A??EJO
    EL TIGRE BLANCO
    EL CATRIN REPOSADO
    EL TEPOROCHO
    ESPOLON A??EJO
    EL GRAN VIEJO A??EJO
    FIESTA GOLD
    FIESTA GOLD 2000
    FREE SPIRIT BLANCO
    FRONTERA BLANCO
    FRONTERA GOLD
    FARIAS A??EJO
    FARIAS REPOSADO
    GATO GOLD
    GOLDEN AGAVE GOLD
    GUSANO REAL REPOSADO
    GOIRY A??EJO
    HERRADURA A??EJO EXP.
    HERRADURA BLANCO
    HERRADURA GOLD EXP.
    HERRADURA REPOSADO
    HERRADURA SELECCI??N SUPREMA
    HERRADURA SILVER EXP.
    HUSSONGS REPOSADO
    HUSSONGS A??EJO
    HERENCIA DE PLATA SILVER
    HERENCIA DE PLATA REPOSADO
    HERENCIA DE PLATA A??EJO
    HACIENDA SOTOL REPOSADO
    HACIENDA DE LA FLOR A??EJO
    HACIENDA DE LA FLOR REPOSADO
    HACIENDA DE LA FLOR BLANCO
    HONORABLE BLANCO
    HONORABLE A??EJO
    HACIENDA DEL CRISTERO REPOSADO
    JALISCIENSE REPOSADO
    JALISCIENSE A??EJO
    JIMADOR REPOSADO
    JIMADOR SILVER
    JIMADOR A??EJO
    JOSE CUERVO 1800
    JOSE CUERVO 1800 COLECCI??N A??EJO
    JOSE CUERVO A??EJO
    JOSE CUERVO 1800 RESERVA
    JOSE CUERVO BLANCO
    JOSE CUERVO ESPECIAL GOLD
    JOSE CUERVO MISTICO
    JOSE CUERVO RESERVA DE LA FAMILIA
    JOSE CUERVO TRADICIONAL
    JUAREZ SILVER
    JALISCO ORO
    JESUS REYES REPOSADO
    JESUS REYES BLANCO
    LA PAZ ORO
    LA PAZ BLANCO
    LAPIZ A??EJO
    LAPIZ PLATINUM
    LAS TRANCAS REPOSADO
    LAS TRANCAS A??EJO
    LAS TRANCAS BLANCO
    LOS ALTOS REPOSADO
    LOS TRES ALEGRES COMPADRES GOLD
    LA PINTA
    LAGO AZUL
    LOS VALIENTES REPOSADO
    MEZCAL CHICHICAPA
    MEZCAL CORD??N
    MEZCAL DE OLLA TONAYAN
    MEZCAL DEL MAESTRO
    MEZCAL DON AMADO
    MEZCAL DONAJI
    MEZCAL DOS GUSANOS
    MEZCAL EL SE??OR BLANCO
    MEZCAL EL SE??OR GOLD
    MEZCAL TALAPA
    MEZCAL ENCANTADO
    MEZCAL GUSANO ROJO
    MEZCAL MINERO
    MEZCAL MONTEALBAN
    MEZCAL MONTE
    MEZCAL SAN LUIS DEL RIO
    MEZCAL SANTO DOMINGO
    MEZCAL TONAYAN
    MEZCAL TONAYAN A??EJO ESPECIAL
    MISION IMPERIAL
    MONTEZUMA BLANCO
    MONTEZUMA GOLD
    MONTEZUMA BLUE
    MEZCAL MAYA
    MEZCAL TEHUANA
    MEZCAL BENEVA
    MEZCAL TOBALA
    MI VIEJO A??EJO
    MILAGRO ROMANCE
    MILAGRO REPOSADO
    MILAGRO BLANCO
    MILAGRO A??EJO
    MILAGRO A??EJO RESERVA
    MARGARITA VILLE BLANCO MARGARITA VILLE GOLD
    MUSTANGO REPOSADO
    MEXICALI REPOSADO
    MILENIUM CUERNITO GOLD
    MILENIUM CUERNITO SILVER
    MIL PENCAS A??EJO ARTESANO
    MIL PENCAS REPOSADO ARTESANO
    MIL PENCAS REPOSADO
    MIL PENCAS BLNCO
    MIXTON
    MI TIERRA REPOSADO
    MI TIERRA A??EJO
    MICO SILVER
    MICO GOLD
    NOBLE ESPECIAL
    NATIVO BLANCO
    NATIVO REPOSADO
    NACIONAL
    ORO AZUL ARTESANAL REPOSADO
    ORO AZUL BLANCO
    ORO AZUL A??EJO EXTRA
    ORO AZUL BLANCO ARTESANAL
    ORO AZUL REPOSADO
    ORGULLO DE JALISCO REPOSADO
    PAJARO ROJO GOLD
    PARRANDA BLACK
    PATRON A??EJO
    PATRON LICOR DE CAF??
    PATRON REPOSADO
    PATRON SILVER
    PEPE LOPEZ BLANCO
    PEPE LOPEZ GOLD
    PORFIDIO A??EJO 2
    PORFIDIO BARRIQUE REPOSADO
    PORFIDIO CACCTUS A??EJO
    PORFIDIO PLATA 3
    PORFIDIO SILVER
    POTTERS
    PRESTIGE BLANCO
    PRESTIGE ORO
    PUEBLO VIEJO A??EJO
    PUEBLO VIEJO BLANCO
    PUEBLO VIEJO REPOSADO
    PUERTO VALLARTA BLANCO
    PUERTO VALLARTA ORO
    PUERTO VALLARTA REPOSADO
    PARADISO EL TESORO DE DON FELIPE
    PANCHO VILLA SILVER
    PANCHO VILLA GOLD
    PENCA AZUL
    QUITO GOLD
    QUITA PENAS BLANCO
    QUITA PENAS REPOSADO
    REAL HACIENDA A??EJO
    REAL HACIENDA REPOSADO
    REAL HACIENDA SILVER
    REVOLUCION REPOSADO
    RIO DE PLATA A??EJO
    REGIONAL A??EJO
    REGIONAL BLANCO
    REGIONAL REPOSADO
    REFORMADOR REPOSADO
    RAZA AZTECA REPOSADO
    RAZA AZTECA BLANCO
    REY DE COPAS REPOSADO
    REY DE COPAS A??EJO
    RIO GRANDE BLANCO
    RIO GRANDE GOLD
    SAN MATIAS BLANCO
    SAN MATIAS REPOSADO
    SAUZA BLANCO
    SAUZA CONMEMORATIVO A??EJO
    SAUZA EXTRA
    SAUZA GALARDON
    SAUZA GIRO BLANCO
    SAUZA GIRO ORO
    SAUZA HORNITOS
    SAUZA TRES GENERACIONES
    SAUZA TRES GENERACIONES BLANCO
    SAUZA TRIADA A??EJO
    STALLION
    TEQ-ORO
    TARANTULA AZUL
    TEMPO GOLD
    TENOCH REPOSADO
    TEQUILA AND TRIPLE SEC GOLD
    TEQUILA GOLD
    TEQUILA MARGARITA
    TEQUILA ROSE
    TEQUILA SILVER
    TORADA A??EJO
    TQ HOT
    TRES MUJERES BLANCO
    TRES MUJERES REPOSADO
    TRES MUJERES REPOSADO PIEL
    TWISTED SH EILAS
    TWO FINGERS BLANCO
    TWO FINGERS GOLD
    TEPOROCHO SILVER
    TEPOROCHO GOLD
    TEQUILA TE QUIERO
    TESORO AZTECA
    TESORO AZTECA A??EJO
    TESORO AZTECA RESERVA
    TEQUIPAL COCO
    TEQUIPAL CANELA
    TEQUIPAL MANGO
    TEQUIPAL CAF??
    TEQUIPAL FRESA
    TEQUIPAL DURAZNO
    TONALA REPOSADO
    TRES REYES GOL
    TOLTECH BLANCO
    TOLTECH GOLD
    TEQUILA ALMENDRADO DEL SE??OR
    TEQUILA ALMENDRADO DE REYES
    TEQUILA CREAM COCO
    TEQUILA CREAM CAF??
    TEQUILA CREAM FRESA
    TEQUILA MEXICALI
    TECOLOTE
    TLATOANI REPOSADO
    VIUDA DE ROMERO A??EJO
    VIUDA DE ROMERO GOLD
    VIUDA DE ROMERO REPOSADO
    ZAFARRANCHO GOLD
    ZAFARRANCHO REPOSADO
    XR AZUL REPOSADO
    XQ A??EJO
    XQ REPOSADO
    XQ PLATA

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Hey Alice,

Im a bartender too, and i wanted to know if you have ever had Pearl Vodka. We no longer get it and I was wondering if you had it in your neck of the woods.

elise

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Becky and Joey

thats funny. When I worked in a bar Becky and Joey were known as Jenny and Chad.

• I'm a bartender too and have heard the whole don't waste the top shelf on cocktails bullshit and I have to disagree totally

the truth is
    a good drink is a good drink, and good liquor can make most mixed drinks better.
    Just 'cause they can stand alone as good drinks on their own- dosent mean it's a waste in a cocktail. That's like some weird mixed pretension, it makes a better cocktail too.

Next level bloody mary:

Vodka
    tomato
    wasabi
    soy sauce
    skip that celery shit