I'ma Buy some Rap Today

2»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the only complaints that i have about the album are that the first half is so fucking good that i hardly ever listen to the second half and that mjg says pimp tight too much

what did you find "weak" about it?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm disappointed with the Eightball & MJG album
    ^^^^^^^^^

DOESN'T LIKE RAP

I thought it was kind of disappointing, too... but I've only had a chance to listen to it once.

Seemed like it started and ended strong, but kind of sagged in the middle.

the only complaints that i have about the album are that the first half is so fucking good that i hardly ever listen to the second half and that mjg says pimp tight too much

^^^^^IS NOT PIMPTIGHT

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

^^^^^IS NOT PIMPTIGHT
    seriously though, i think puff coached him to say it more so that shit would get stuck in people's heads or something

^^^^^IS NOT PIMPTIGHT
    seriously though, i think puff coached him to say it more so that shit would get stuck in people's heads or something

Haha... good analysis

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

I'm disappointed with the Eightball & MJG

Any particular reason for this disappointment? I thought it pretty much delivered what was expected well.

It's not a memorable album,the only track that sticks out is that terrible "Hickory Dickory Dock" song how much more base can you get with rap lyrics? oh i have the answer "Alcohol,Pussy & Weed"

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I probably need a late pass for this, and chances are I'll be alone on this one, but I've been really into this lately:

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I probably need a late pass for this, and chances are I'll be alone on this one, but I've been really into this lately:

its got some joints on it, i wouldn't say its a great record but definitely worth checking if only for 'born and raised in the county of dade' or whatever its called

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I'm disappointed with the Eightball & MJG

Any particular reason for this disappointment? I thought it pretty much delivered what was expected well.

It's not a memorable album,the only track that sticks out is that terrible "Hickory Dickory Dock" song how much more base can you get with rap lyrics? oh i have the answer "Alcohol,Pussy & Weed"
    base rap lyrics = awesome

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    is this your first time listening to them or something? those songs are pretty normal for them.

relax and take notes, ridin high, turn up the bump, cruizin, watchu gonna do, memphis, get low, and stand up are all good. 30 rocks was kinda tripping me out when i first heard it but it has grown on me

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

I tried with this one a few times but the only tracks I could really dig were Rock Bottom, Born and Raised and the Bojangles remix (haha, yes I actually like that shit).

and also:

^^^^^IS NOT PIMPTIGHT

reminds me of:

"TALMBOUT!!"

and:

"IN THE PARKIN' LOT"

is this your first time listening to them or something? those songs are pretty normal for them.

relax and take notes, ridin high, turn up the bump, cruizin, watchu gonna do, memphis, get low, and stand up are all good. 30 rocks was kinda tripping me out when i first heard it but it has grown on me

This new album is a real regression for them when you consider that the last album had "Confessions" they're too grown to be making a album full of "Alcohol,Pussy & Weed" .
    And also the beats aren't as varied and dope as the previous joint.
    Oh too many weak guest spots as well.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

He sounds like he has seasonal affective disorder.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Hickory Dickory Dock is one of my favourite tracks at the moment. Didn't really expect lyrical angst from and 8ball and MGj release and have to say that I'm also rather enjoying their continued relationship with Diddy. It's seems pretty obvious the tracks he's encouraged them to record but i think it does them no harm.

Why does this even exist?

Who are the people that are like "Yo, you know what's holding Evidence back? That other Dilated dude!"

Why does this even exist?

Who are the people that are like "Yo, you know what's holding Evidence back? That other Dilated dude!"

The beats are incredible!!!
    Lyrics are heartfelt he talks about losing his mother recently.
    I'm buying this as soon as it drops.