:LATE PASS TIME:

KidKKidK 119 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
"It's, like, actually pretty good."[/b]

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Some have even proclaimed The Game to be "nice!".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Some have even proclaimed The Game to be "nice!".

Others, who may or may not overlap with the aforementioned group, have allowed as how they "felt like [they] knew him" after listening to this album.

For real though, anyone who complains about the lack of originality in contemporary rap should be referred to this album--how much more original can you get than a concept album revolving around homosexual stalking?

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

Others, who may or may not overlap with the aforementioned group, have allowed as how they "felt like [they] knew him" after listening to this album.

jayceon is such a nice fella. it's like after i listen to any recording by josh or lucas, i just feel, well, you know, like we're old friends.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    For real though, anyone who complains about the lack of originality in contemporary rap should be referred to this album--how much more original can you get than a concept album revolving around homosexual stalking?

wow.
    exhibit A, why I cant keep away from SS.

and not saying i disagree.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    "doctor's advocate"? can someone please explain why this is anything but a really bizarre title for anything unrelated to, well, doctor's advocates?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "doctor's advocate"? can someone please explain why this is anything but a really bizarre title for anything unrelated to, well, doctor's advocates?

No--no such explanation exists.

DRE HAS NOT ONE SINGLE BEAT ON IT. THATS WHAT MY MIND.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i just realized that there's not a car in that picture, and that he's almost literally sitting on dubs.

color me baffled.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It has 3 or 4 bangers, enough to put it on sometimes.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Yeah co-sign that. The kanye track is cool, One Blood and a couple of the just blaze tracks, but other than that it could have been a lot shorter.

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    and a couple of the just blaze tracks

9 minutes of madness!![/b]

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    more than 3 or 4

i like it because, musically, it is a solid tribute to dr. dre. Its like if a bunch of different beatmakers decided to make chronic 2001 part II or something. I am less enthused about his lyrics being a stalkering of dr. dre but it doesn't get in the way too much for me, except for the track where he cries on busta's shoulder which i mostly skip.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh overall the album is pretty good outside of the Dre references, the crying to Dre track, and the 500 times he mentions creased khakis.

and the fatt that Will.I.Am showed how much of a hack he is... again.

But really i actaully do like this record overall.

• looks like he's about to take a dump on that tire, with his pants hanging down like that.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    one of the best tracks on the album

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

That's what I heard. My homie told me not to sleep on this album. But Im scurred.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Yes. But it is still weak on Will.I.Am's part. He is Puffy reincarnate.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    HEAVY ROTATION.

Sure Will.I.Am is a little corny and wayyyy obvious...but that beat bangs regardless. Always gotta have it on the earphones when I snowboard.

Plus...OL' ENGLISH!!! future classic...I was sleeping on Hi-Tek for a while, but he woke me up with this one.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I think I may be missing an in-joke here but even I understand the reference to Dre in there.

are the instrumentals out?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i just realized that there's not a car in that picture, and that he's almost literally sitting on dubs.

color me baffled.

Not to mention, he raps about "not riding rims" on a couple of occasions (not on the album) and has rims on his cover. Maybe he just collects them and doesn't put them on his cars?