NOT MANY WOMEN IN THE BEAT MAKING/PRODUCTION GAME

2»

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    DJ RAP is great at the Breakz without Breakz genre.

• doods wanna talk about her breast

DJ RAP

wasn't this chick a, umm, "dancer" before she was "discovered" or is that just a rumor? does she really hold it down for drum n bass?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

wasn't this chick a, umm, "dancer" before she was "discovered" or is that just a rumor? does she really hold it down for drum n bass?

From a close friend of mine, she said Rap was nutso, but didn't say much about her skills.

However this girl here can kill with the D&B, hands down. Plus cute and very sweet!

Reid Speed

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

DJ Rap

female DnB Djs :

Kemistry (RIP)
    Storm

Alley Cat

(they rarely produce though...)

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Rap was the ONLY one on the DnB circuit for YEARS. Apart from some Lisa chick I think.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It???s a domino effect ??? I don???t think there are teams of girls sitting in front of their MPC4000 or at a board thinking ???this beat will never see the light of day thanks to all the closed-minded dudes that run this rap sh*t??????the barriers (real or imagined) start much earlier ??? I think it???s intimidating for a lot of (young) women to just go into a record store, never mind a gear shop, never mind a studio. I think it???s a sad state of affairs, but not hopeless. Maybe folks should consider giving little Susie the option between a doll and a drum kit.

Yes.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Good post i wasn't aware of this i'm checking out the documentary now.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts

Jean Grae aka Run Run Shaw aka Nasain Nahmeen

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    MISSY ELLIOT

• Shawnna also produces [interesting reactions from ThrowSomeDeej, that is.]

• I am the best out there. I have over 3000 beats. I'm just here as a public service really.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Shawnna also produces [interesting reactions from ThrowSomeDeej, that is.]
    you're trying too hard

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

i love my bitch

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Shawnna also produces

If that is really her who makes some of those beats, they are alright.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    the chick from Art of Noice...

Anne Dudley, good call. She does a lot of music for films these days.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Sylvia Robinson's got so many production credits. I always wondered what exactly her role was in all those Sugarhill sessions.

• Barbara Morgenstern

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Whatever happened to Gail "Sky" King?