so now indie hiphop is back in?

sconesscones 434 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• oh shit. i'll be listing one shortly. thanks.

• i went to the shitter at my universitys laboratory last week. and to my surprise, one of the students wrote BUCK65 on the door. in huge letters. it's the only thing that was ever written on there. so i guess it's still a big thing amongst emo and indie kids.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    i went to the shitter at my universitys laboratory last week. and to my surprise, one of the students wrote BUCK65 on the door. in huge letters. it's the only thing that was ever written on there. so i guess it's still a big thing amongst emo and indie kids.

lol thats not even good indie.

• i went to the shitter at my universitys laboratory last week. and to my surprise, one of the students wrote BUCK65 on the door. in huge letters. it's the only thing that was ever written on there. so i guess it's still a big thing amongst emo and indie kids.

yeah. i still have to find out who it was... the only kids hanging out at my place are the emo kids. which could explain it... but they look rockish. i can't believe they even listen to rap.

oh, by the way, i sold a vg+ copy of the first anticon lp for about 100 USD. i guess it's still the time to sell that kind of stuff.

• you know, maybe i am just not remembering correctly, but I bought siah and yeshua new from sandbox and it did not come shrink wrapped. in fact, i've never seen a fondle 'em record shrink wrapped. what's up with that? are heads getting their wax shrink wrapped and selling it as factory sealed or something?

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    you know, maybe i am just not remembering correctly, but I bought siah and yeshua new from sandbox and it did not come shrink wrapped. in fact, i've never seen a fondle 'em record shrink wrapped. what's up with that? are heads getting their wax shrink wrapped and selling it as factory sealed or something?

could very well be true.

• you know, maybe i am just not remembering correctly, but I bought siah and yeshua new from sandbox and it did not come shrink wrapped. in fact, i've never seen a fondle 'em record shrink wrapped. what's up with that? are heads getting their wax shrink wrapped and selling it as factory sealed or something?

that's what i just thought about. the fondle em records i saw were never sealed.

yeah. i still have to find out who it was... the only kids hanging out at my place are the emo kids. which could explain it... but the look rockish. i can't believe they even listen to rap.

do you expect buck65 listeners to be clad in nike apparel and ice cream hoodies or something? i would expect his audience to look "emo" or whatever. no disrespect intended.

• do you expect buck65 listeners to be clad in nike apparel and ice cream hoodies or something? i would expect his audience to look "emo" or whatever. no disrespect intended.

you're probably right. haha.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    you know, maybe i am just not remembering correctly, but I bought siah and yeshua new from sandbox and it did not come shrink wrapped. in fact, i've never seen a fondle 'em record shrink wrapped.

I was thinking the same thing...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    you know, maybe i am just not remembering correctly, but I bought siah and yeshua new from sandbox and it did not come shrink wrapped. in fact, i've never seen a fondle 'em record shrink wrapped.

Real Fondle 'Em Headz Revealed!

• if you had bothered to check the bid history you would know that whole auction is on some bullshit.
    that being said i cant remember any of the early fondle em releases being sealed.
    i'm pretty sure these were sealed> sut min pik ep, kmd-stop smokin that shit, mf doom-doomsday, maybe a few others with the orange label.

• you know, maybe i am just not remembering correctly, but I bought siah and yeshua new from sandbox and it did not come shrink wrapped. in fact, i've never seen a fondle 'em record shrink wrapped.

Thing is, I was buying those records wholesale AT footwork, and then carrying them back up to Sandbox in a messenger bag. It's not like they were minty fresh from the factory.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    if you had bothered to check the bid history you would know that whole auction is on some bullshit.
    that being said i cant remember any of the early fondle em releases being sealed.
    i'm pretty sure these were sealed> sut min pik ep, kmd-stop smokin that shit, mf doom-doomsday, maybe a few others with the orange label.

sorry dawg!!!!!

• no need to apologize dawg!
    just saying, every bidder on that auction has 0 feedback

• This was definitely shrink wrapped at home or by some amateur at a media play.

• This one's up there too and it seems more legit (at least some of the bidders do):

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SIAH-AND-YESHUA-DAPO-...1QQcmdZViewItem

still going for a fair amount.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Seller: littledunny

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    and honestly dudes that record is a lot better than many of the rap records from the same era/genre that go for 2 and 3x that price.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    I always wondered, what would be the legal dealio if you say, sold some hard2find record on ebay which was in a white sleeve, and got it plastic wrapped yourself so it was unopened.. put a shit record inside, sell for loot and say you bought it and of course unopened and never listened. when dude gets said shit record thinking its promo, could he demand the money back through ebay? you sold it as-is, you 'thought' it was that record and cause u never opened it you couldnt tell..
    ?

mad shady but sure this has to have happend before?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    one of the records from back then that holds up

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    nearly all fondle em from back then holds up

and honestly dudes that record is a lot better than many of the rap records from the same era/genre that go for 2 and 3x that price.

It's really not.

Over the weekend, I bought a little stack of mid/late nineties 12"s at the Goodwill near my apartment--Adagio! and some stuff like that--thinking that they might have some trade/resale value.

One of them was by Wee Bee Foolish and when I looked it up online later I saw that it had been released in 2003?! They tricked me! I didn't know any of those Fondle 'Em era dudes were still at it as recently as that.

• sconesscones 434 Posts

It's really not.

Over the weekend, I bought a little stack of mid/late nineties 12"s at the Goodwill near my apartment--Adagio! and some stuff like that--thinking that they might have some trade/resale value.

One of them was by Wee Bee Foolish and when I looked it up online later I saw that it had been released in 2003?! They tricked me! I didn't know any of those Fondle 'Em era dudes were still at it as recently as that.

their LP 'brighton beach memoirs' is aight..

nearly all fondle em from back then holds up

Most of that stuff is unlistenable unless your ears are partially blocked by the accompanying ideology.

• and honestly dudes that record is a lot better than many of the rap records from the same era/genre that go for 2 and 3x that price.

It's really not.

I like a lot of those WBF records...kinda wished I'd grabbed the last lp when they were blowing them out.

It's really not.

I like a lot of those WBF records...kinda wished I'd grabbed the last lp when they were blowing them out.

Unfortunately I threw it out when I realized that I had been hoodwinked, or I would send it to you. Can I interest you in an Adagio! 12" at a good price, though?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

It's really not.

Are you really in a position to compare that record to say, Slum Brothers or Sparrow or whatever?

And yeah the salvation armys around here are absolutely littered with worthless late era indieground. i usually buy them and regret it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Siah and Yeshua EP has always gone for good money. $150 is much higher than what I've seen but I always thought it was a solid $75 piece.

It's really not.

Are you really in a position to compare that record to say, Slum Brothers or Sparrow or whatever?

Yes.

How soon you little dudes forget my ability to evaluate music without actually hearing it.