Lost Strut

Comments

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    ooohhhhh ok, its not the first few frames, its later after shit is going crazy in the room. i saw him. it looks like locke saw him too.

nice!

-pj

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

Regarding Jacob, you've got to check out

Lostpedia

eh, i try not to read to much on websites about the show....I'll prob go check it out though.

-pj

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Shit was pretty bonkers tonight.

Lot of "long time coming" moments.

Some thoughts....

The Russian is a zombie

Sayid snapping necks was pretty hardcroe

Sawyer executing fools: pretty hardcroe

I knew they'd bring that damn van back into play

They could've shot their wad w/ the whole "flash forward" but Charlie's dying actions leave them an out to make it merely a "what if"

John Locke just doesn't have the stomach to kill a man.

Pretty much the best episode since the first two and it saved the season for sure.

What did some of you other Lost watchers think?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    yeah like couldnt charlie just have left that room? why did he close the door? really, why didnt he go out and THEN close the door? they had suits to go up its not like he had to stay there.

i dont have a clue as to what next season is going to be about after that last bit with jack and the girl in the future.

eye patch dude is forever!... but does he die after pulling the plug?

good season...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    My head is pretty much blown.
    We have to wait 'til September.
    Muthaf...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    oh really... september? thats not so bad... i thought it was going to be next year.

i watched most of this season on that tv-links site someone posted here.

...THANK YOU.... to whoever did that. theres a lot of downtime at my job and that site has been a godsend for a lot of us here.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    yeah, it was a good finale. I kept thinking "who died" on all the Jack flashbacks. I was not expecting it to be a series of flash forwards. I hate season finales because they get you all riled up and interested and then you have to wait for half a year. This was a good one though. I hope you are all ready to sit it out until 2010. That's how much longer this show will be on.

I nerded out and was saying to my girlfriend "they didn't have motorola Krazr's back then" when Bearded Jack was stumbling around. But that shit was a flash forward. I got moded.

Sawyer's head snap was awesome.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    oh really... september? thats not so bad... i thought it was going to be next year.

I stand corrected we have to wait until Feb. 2008.
    They will be doing 48 more episodes, 16 per season running Feb-May
    of '08, '09, and '10.
    Damn!

Here's the full scoop: http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-05-06-lost_N.htm?csp=1

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    oh yes. walt back in full effect. i'm bummed cause parachute girl was super pumpin' i wanna know who's name was on the obituary. patch guy is invicible. i got a feeling penny pops has something to do with something. oh yeah my local news just said the next episode wont air til' january 08. peace, stein. . .

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Radical. Eye patch would have been completely dunzo being anywhere near that grenade explosion underwater. Whatever. I think they have set up a perfect finish which avoids the obvious let down of whether they get off and focuses more on whether they should have escaped. Love the head games. I don't know what people were tripping on this year. I was feeling every episode.

Lost is

The obit/casket contained either Locke or Ben is my guess. Who had no one and no one liked them? You could say that about both those dudes based on where they were at at the end of the season.

The Charlie death is weird. The only thing I can come up w/ is that he was fully vested in his destiny as seen by Desmond and felt he HAD to die for the scenario to play out correctly, even though he had already unjammed the signal.

Desmond's girl is looking for Des on the island. I think "the boat" they called is Desmond's girl's Dad and his worldwide conglomerate mega-corp trying to FIND the island, either for nefarious purposes or because they were the ones who started DHARMA, I can't figure out which. These are just my theories. But remember that thread they kinda started w/ LAST year's season finale....the dudes in the Arctic post and alla that?

The way I got if figured for now is that Charlie's dying message will allow Des to get back to the crew on the island and warn them before the rescuers actually get there. I could see the Lost and the Others teaming up at some point in the final three seasons to protect the Island and avoid the flash-forward we saw last night.

Oh, and they used a down-ass Nirvana song, off the what-some-find-abrasive In Utero...I think it was "Scentless Apprentice". Killer.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The obit was for a "Jeremy Bentham," a character we haven't met on the show yet. He's also named after a 19th century British philosopher who, among other things, came up with the idea of the Panopticon, a prison designed where an all-seeing eye had a 360 degree view of all the inmates. Sound familiar?

The obit was for a "Jeremy Bentham,"

Hey O-Dub, do you have a link for where you got this from?

I been trying to find some intelligent commentary/discourse on last night's ep and I'm coming up empty.

I been trying to find some intelligent commentary/discourse on last night's ep and I'm coming up empty.

There's not a lot out there. And actually, now that I saw the post above, it looks like a name ending with "antham" not "entham." I think the Panopticon angle is what made people get all presumptive.

What is true is that the name of the funeral home last night is an anagram of "flash forward." Hey, the writers have a sense of humor.

But dude, if you're looking for "intelligent discourse" on the show, you're going to have to swim through mounds of retarded-ness. I'm amazed at how many times I read shit like, "maybe that whole flash forward was one of Desmond's visions!" even though that makes almost no sense at all.

But hey, if you feel like spending a few hours in frustration...:)
    http://www.4815162342.com/

I should add though: what are you trying to work out?

That's why I stay in so many off-topic threads on the Strut. For things like tv or sports or even movies, you're most apt to find like-minded cats to discuss it with on here and the level of conversation usually doesn't dissapoint or fail to entertain. I checked 3 or 4 Lost message boards and it just ain't happening. Too much chatter.

Where the rest of the Lost dogs? Let's crack on some theories for a day or two til we forget all about this shit til next February.

I should add though: what are you trying to work out?

Nothing in particular. I kinda gave my broad theories above. Wouldn't mind just even reading some overnight reviews by decent writers.

I spent a few minutes comparing the pic of Jacob above to a pic I found of Charles Widmore but the two don't really look alike.

Of course, there's a lot of buzz surrounding why Jack mentioned his father and "being drunker than me" to the Chief Surgeon dude in the flash-forward but I just pretty much attributed that to Jack's whacked out state.

That's why I stay in so many off-topic threads on the Strut. For things like tv or sports or even movies, you're most apt to find like-minded cats to discuss it with on here and the level of conversation usually doesn't dissapoint or fail to entertain. I checked 3 or 4 Lost message boards and it just ain't happening. Too much chatter.

Where the rest of the Lost dogs? Let's crack on some theories for a day or two til we forget all about this shit til next February.

Saying. Holla!

I think most of the meta-theories about Lost that "make sense" (which is to say..."barely") are the ones that presume the Island has some basis in science and isn't purely mystical. After all, if it's the latter, then really, there's no point in opining about anything since, by nature, the mystical can be beyond the limits of human perception and understanding. Ergo, nothing ever needs to be explained.

What I do know is that the writers have some crazy balls in the air, with at least four factions in play: the Losties, the Others, Dharma (assuming the latter is still around), and whoever is rolling with Naomi (which could be, as some have suggested, Dharma folks). And of course, there's Penny's crew somewhere out there too.

Personally, I'm surprised Charlie is dead even though, personally, I was tired of his character (Lily too. Guess she lives though). I wonder if he'll be making a comeback at some point.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Heres my review/theory/i dont know on Lost. The season finale was a damn good one. Better then last years but not as intense. The best part was mos def the end, and sayid snapping the dudes neck. My theory on future Jack. If you have been a recent follower of Lost I am sure you have realized this. Everyone on the island of the survivors had no point when they were off the island but all of them had a damn good reason to live when they were on the island. Jack and everyone gets off the island eventually and then a season or 2 will be about how hard it is being off the island. How bloody pathetic their lives are and how they all lack purpose. Maybe the others were the "good guys" Ben keeps saying he and the others are. We will only find out. I dont know why Ben wants them on the island so badly though, its really strange. All in all, the end was my favorite part of the series. It was amazing, seriously. I am dying to see the new season.

• Lost is very reminiscent of late mulder era x-files. Hot garbage

Lost is very reminiscent of late mulder era x-files. Hot garbage

It hasn't remotely gotten that bad yet. Sorry, it just hasn't.

Yeah, it seemed like it was getting REALLY bad halfway through this season. Then they started cramming answers into the show, like seriously.

Here's a link to a different view of the newspaper clip:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe...erclipping2.jpg

on another note, my cousin is one of the heads of the lost video game. He refuses to tell me shit about it. But I figure something action oriented will go down. Maybe a war?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'm not an avid follower so this may be a silly question, but if it was a flash-forward... how is Jack's father alive? We didn't see him, but Jack mentioned him twice. The prescription incident and having chief of surgery call his father down. Am I missing something?

I'm not an avid follower so this may be a silly question, but if it was a flash-forward... how is Jack's father alive? We didn't see him, but Jack mentioned him twice. The prescription incident and having chief of surgery call his father down. Am I missing something?

No, you're not. No one is certain what this implies. It could be that jack is whacked out and doesn't realize what he's saying. The other doctor does shoot him a "you crazy" look.

The other idea is that somehow, jack has returned to some kind of alternate reality where his father is still alive but everyone, including himself is miserable. Hence, his desire to go back.

I fear that this show is going to get much much darker from here on out. The actor who plays Ben said in an interview that the "new bad guys" are going to make him look like a saint.

ok I thought over it when I went for a walk. This is my official theory. I rememberd jacks father was alive so here it goes.
    There is no fucking question they are in a parallel universe or.. a station between a parallel universe. Look where the plane came from and when naomi girl dropped out of the clouds her helicopter didnt sound like no helicopter, amirite? So lets say Im right. They are saved or whatever. They somehow leave the island BUT they get into another parallel universe but this one is like earth but there are small small changes, changes that only effect the survivors of the flights life, like everything meaning there fate, moms and pops and so on. Thats my theory.

The problem with theories on Lost is that the show has given so little information to work from that any attempt at crafting a unified theory that "explain" shit is pretty much pointless.

In contrast - the X-Files, convoluted as it became - actually did explain a lot about the alien mythology. It was all rather stupid - invading aliens, human collaborators, blah blah blah - but within the logic of the show, it made some kind of actual sense.

With "Lost", there simply isn't anywhere close to enough information to start fashioning too much that can tie all the loose dots together. At best, you can explain smaller mysteries - where did that van come from for example - but the meta mysteries are still, just that, mysteries.