Lost Strut

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
So I recently have become straight hooked on the series "Lost" and started renting the DVD's from the first episode and on. This is my new crack, because shit is fire! Granted there are some quirky things, but overall I think it's really well done. They know how to keep you locked with each episode.Anyone else into this? Not sure what the general strut consensus is of this series, but if you're feeling it say word, or give me clown batches!ez.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    do a little search, we had a thread going when the seasons were running

the season returns feb 7th... 1 week!!!!!

• i figured there would be previous threads on this, but didn't check up on it. my bad.

• I went through a similar addition period when we were doing marathon viewing sessions of the first two seasons on DVD (most of which my wife and I hadn't seen when they were on TV). That mini-season last fall took a pretty sharp down turn in my opinion and my enthusiasm for this show has abated somewhat. I'll still be checking for the new episodes though.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    lost is the new crack

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I'm still fully down!

• lost is the new crack

• I'm currently watching season 2 and i must admit i'm addicted to it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    My girlfriend got introduced to it just before xmas and she tore through the first two seasons in about two weeks watching it night and day in proper style.

She was so obsessed that I ended up watching it all as well. Thoroughly enjoyed the early episodes but it kinda lost ( ) a lot of it's pull for me when they opened the hatch and the death of the most interesting character near the end of the second series was kinda the nail in the coffin (though I understand that this wasn't planned ahead of time).

Not too keen on the new characters introduced since either.

Having said all that I'll still be sitting there watching it, though if they insist on more hurley and charlie backstories I may have to bale.

• That mini-season last fall took a pretty sharp down turn in my opinion and my enthusiasm for this show has abated somewhat. I'll still be checking for the new episodes though.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    For those that missed the season 3 episodes, they have them all on ABC.com FYI

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah that mini-season was crap and got us nowhere except 'yeah gilligan, we're still on the island!"

they better wrap this shit up soon or I'll.... well, I'll probably keep watching. goddamit.

• I rarely watch any network TV but this seriously got me hooked. Feb. 7th!!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Ok, I just got into this and I'm four episodes in. So, it seems like they're dropping hints like mad that everyone died in the crash and this is some sort of surreal afterlife (I've heard rumors this show was inspired by parts of The Third Policeman). Has this been addressed at all? Disproved?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Ok, I just got into this and I'm four episodes in. So, it seems like they're dropping hints like mad that everyone died in the crash and this is some sort of surreal afterlife (I've heard rumors this show was inspired by parts of The Third Policeman). Has this been addressed at all? Disproved?

ummmm... keep watching. and dont ask questions till you are at least sort of up to date. Trust me. You dont want spoilers happening.

But no, they did not all die in the crash. If they did, then lost is the dumbest show ever.

I tooo was hooked by the first 2 seasons, but they better wrap it up soon, and it better be good. Or else it will probably end like twin peaks with some weak ass prequel or some shit.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

If the above image were used as an advert on the NYC subway, someone would inevitably draw a huge dick connecting that chubby dude's pants to that woman's open mouth... and I'd have a giggle fit when I saw it.

Tonights the night!
    Predictions...

Tonights the night!
    Predictions...

Sawyer will grimace and quip
    Charlie will have a drugs dilemma
    Jack will look pained
    Kate will do something feisty
    Desmond will continue to act like an idiot savant
    Locke will stare off into the distance
    Sayid will mention his Iraqi past
    Claire will have troubles with the baby
    Jin & Sun will argue and make up
    Hurley will leak secret information
    Juliet will smile enigmatically
    The new guys will irritate

Can't wait.

• i can't front having seen all the episodes to date and i'll be watchin at 10pm... this show def has me thinking about thing's i've lost or found over my short 27 yrs of life thus far!(one part I do hate is sometimes you won't see a character for weeks having each ep dedicated for one person..)

Tonights the night!
    Predictions...

Sawyer will grimace and quip
    Jack will look pained
    Kate will do something feisty
    Desmond will continue to act like an idiot savant
    Locke will stare off into the distance
    Sayid will mention his Iraqi past
    Claire will have troubles with the baby
    Jin & Sun will argue and make up
    Hurley will leak secret information
    Juliet will smile enigmatically
    The new guys will irritate

Can't wait.

Sweet that's exactly what I want!

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Sayid will turn into a fish & the show will collapse under its own nonsense!

Tonights the night!
    Predictions...

Damn. I shouldn't have read this. I'm midway through season 2 now, and I was really hoping they'd just kill him off. He has got to be one of the most annoying characters ever. Who the hell thought these driveshaft sub plots were a good idea?

• Tonights the night!
    Predictions...

Damn. I shouldn't have read this. I'm midway through season 2 now, and I was really hoping they'd just kill him off. He has got to be one of the most annoying characters ever. Who the hell thought these driveshaft sub plots were a good idea?

I have to say, I'm not a big Charlie fan either, but what he did add in the beginning is HUMOR. I actually think the show has gotten much too self serious and would benefit by bringing back some of those comedic elements...

• Anyone else see that that Season 3 Episodes 1-6 are on the torrents. This would take me a week to download...maybe someone on here can verify these are the real deal.

Tonights the night!
    Predictions...

Ha ha, wait until you see them performing their big hit in nappies, one flashback I could do without.

Charlie and Claire are undoubtedly the characters I have least interest in (Charlie in particular is painfully shit) but I certainly know where 99Problems is coming from with the humour aspect.

I found a lot of the characters a lot easier to care about when they weren't.t all so damn miserable all the time. Between Lost and Party Of Five Matthew Fox must hold some sort of record for holding the longest look of pained resignation on network television.

Anyone else see that that Season 3 Episodes 1-6 are on the torrents. This would take me a week to download...maybe someone on here can verify these are the real deal.

I'm halfway done with one right now, I can let you know. I also grabbed a torrent file for episode 7, and it already has over twelve thousand seeders.

• my fav. show on television. peace, stein. . .

• i've come to the conclusion that it's much better watching this show (or any other show for that matter) previously recorded. because i know that if saw these episodes with the commercials tied in with the suspense, build up brakes, and on top of that having to wait a whole week to know whats gonna happen is well, just plain unnecessary

but yeah, still the best shit on tv.

• We SO need a graemlin of the fat guy

one of the few shows I'd watch untaped

anyone know when Weeds starts back up?

nevermind, from: http://www.sho.com/site/announcements/111606weeds.do

"the series will resume production in Los Angeles in spring 2007 for a summer premiere."

yay