Bush's Presidential Address

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Authorization for Use of Military Force
    September 18, 2001

Public Law 107-40 [S. J. RES. 23]

107th CONGRESS

JOINT RESOLUTION
    To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks[/b] launched against the United States.

Haven't we been through this before?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    he needs to be assassinated

PLEASE BE SERIOUS

he is, thats whats so pathetic.

you've been banned, humiliated, put in time-out, and you have made a constant idiot out of yourself on every topic. seriously, every fucking topic. it used to be fun to kick you around. now, it's just sad.

i'm serious about that.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Authorization for Use of Military Force
    September 18, 2001

Public Law 107-40 [S. J. RES. 23]

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.[/b]

Gameover? not even close, the 'game' is still very much on:

or arent we meant to tak about him any more?

The first two lines of today's lead editorial in the NYTimes states my feelings perfectly:

President Bush told Americans last night that failure in Iraq would be a disaster.

The disaster is Mr. Bush???s war, and he has already failed.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    he needs to be assassinated

PLEASE BE SERIOUS

he is, thats whats so pathetic.

you've been banned, humiliated, put in time-out, and you have made a constant idiot out of yourself on every topic. seriously, every fucking topic. it used to be fun to kick you around. now, it's just sad.

i'm serious about that.

did you copy and paste that from somewhere or think it up all on your own.

furthermore, if you want the job done, why dont you grow a pair, go out and buy a gun and do it yourself? I'll tell you why not, because you are a loser that sits around all day seething about the injustice of your sad pathetic life and if you had any real determination or intelligence you would find something better to do with your time. Why dont you do yourself a favor and put a bullet in your own head.

did you copy and paste that from somewhere or think it up all on your own.

this is your bizzaro attempt at a cut down?

but this...

furthermore, if you want the job done, why dont you grow a pair, go out and buy a gun and do it yourself? I'll tell you why not, because you are a loser that sits around all day seething about the injustice of your sad pathetic life and if you had any real determination or intelligence you would find something better to do with your time. Why dont you do yourself a favor and put a bullet in your own head.

truly an example of someone unhinged.

Your boy is directly responsible for these deaths (among others):

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/static.php?f=wherecamefrom.php

At the very least he should resign immediately. The VERY least.

Tell us more about your assasination fantasy, you sick twisted little freak. I'm not interested in your death count table mat. The sad part is, that neither do you, you dont give a damn about any of those red dots, you probably don't know any of those red dots - they would never hang out with a fuck-up like you. All you care about is your stupid cut and paste tome that your scribbling away at endlessly, and the more red dots the more for you to write about.

• Wow. Where's all that red state sacrifice?

Wow. Where's all that red state sacrifice?

thats what you see, red state blue state?

• a quick couple of points:

1) there are only 10,000 iraqi troops who we can currently count on for support in the ENTIRE COUNTRY

2) we already had more than the number of troops bush is asking for in iraq

3) adding 20,000 troops only means that an additional 5,000 troops will actually be on patrol

4) bush said that we need more troops because when our army clears an area of insurgents, the insurgents come back as soon as we leave. well, what happens when we leave iraq for good?

5) we have spent $360 billion in Iraq and lost over 3,000 american lives. where would we be right now if Saddam was still in power? safer and richer.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Wow. Where's all that red state sacrifice?

I don't know enough about US politics to know which states voted for Bush but does this map reflect a bias against Democrat states or is it just that all the soldiers come from the East?

Maybe some are just better at not becoming a red dot on Fatback's placemat.

• Maybe some are just better at not becoming a red dot on Fatback's placemat.

you are a jerkoff.

bush is indeed showing steadfast resolve and sacrifice.
    i really would like to see him enlist his two daughters and send them over to fight. that motherfucker needs to sacrifice a little too. arm chair bitch ass quarterback worried about his legacy. he knows this was a failed mission, but he's gonna keep it going long enough to pass the buck onto the next president.

Soulstrut back in effect!

whats up guys?

happy 2007!

ok, continue...

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    GWB heavily pitches his speech towards supporting Iraq and putting the emphasis on the Iraqi government to meet US set benchmarks as a condition of US support:

To establish its authority, the Iraqi government plans to take responsibility for security in all of Iraq's provinces by November.

To give every Iraqi citizen a stake in the country's economy, Iraq will pass legislation to share oil revenues among all Iraqis.[/b]

To show that it is committed to delivering a better life, the Iraqi government will spend 10 billion dollars of its own money on reconstruction and infrastructure projects that will create new jobs.

To empower local leaders, Iraqis plan to hold provincial elections later this year.

And to allow more Iraqis to re-enter their nation's political life, the government will reform de-Baathification laws and establish a fair process for considering amendments to Iraq's constitution.

Is there anything about the oil revenue legislation?
    If the insurgents and terrorists are also Iraqi citizens then wouldn't that be funding terrorism?

Yeeeees, oil money funds terrorism, thats why we must entrust the control of the worlds oil to bush and his cronies,
    its all about stopping the terrorists

its all about stopping the terrorists its all about stopping the terrorists

• Wow. Where's all that red state sacrifice?

thats what you see, red state blue state?

I see trees of green,
    Red roses too.
    I see them bloom -
    For me and you.

And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue,
    Clouds of white.
    Bright blessed days,
    Dark sacred nights.

And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow, so pretty in the sky
    Are also on the faces of people going by
    I see friends shaking hands, saying... how do you do
    They're really saying i love you.

I hear babies cry,
    I watch them grow.
    They'll learn much more
    Than I'll never know...

And I think to myself... what a wonderful world

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Yeeeees, oil money funds terrorism, thats why we must entrust the control of the worlds oil to bush and his cronies,
    its all about stopping the insurgents
    its all about stopping the insurgents its all about stopping the insurgents

thats whats suspect, the US is making iraq legislate to split all oil revenue amongst iraqi people. Wouldn't one automatically assume they'll legislate that the US gets a little cut or something?

its all about stopping the insurgents

thats whats suspect, the US is making iraq legislate to split all oil revenue amongst iraqi people. Wouldn't one automatically assume they'll legislate that the US gets a little cut or something?

im with you bro, when i heard him start talking about sharing the oil money me ears pricked up...

and i love how the justification is that oil money will help fund terrorism...

weeell sheeit, just as well we have good ole dubya ready to protect us from the evil terrorists by attacking oil rich countries and monopolising his control of the worlds oil stocks for us.

(ie: pretty much exactly what we all knew he was going to do).

hooray for freedom!

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    It almost feels like he's just trying to get himself out of the shit and try and tidy up the end of his term a bit for the history books. Not completely, but a little.

I'm reading Kitty Kelley's bio of Nancy Reagan atm (NRR find).
    It's ALL about image.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    we have good ole dubya ready to protect us

You're american?!? I thought you lived in England or some shit like that.... now I'm totally confused because I used to think you lived in New Zealand....

Staighten me out homechop.....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You're american?!? I thought you lived in England or some shit like that.... now I'm totally confused because I used to think you lived in New Zealand....

Our president personally protects the entire free world and the very concept of Democracy.

I am a New Zealander living in the Netherlands, but dubya isnt just for you americans, granted it was americans that (s)elected him, but george is there for all of us, he is the leadaer of the free world, without george the liberals would be in control and al qaida (funded by oil money)would be starting training camps outside schools, we live in a world safe from evil-doers because god told george he was chosen.

Our president personally protects the entire free world and the very concept of Democracy.

Alternative A

Alternative B

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Alternative A

Is that your idea of a punchline?

Dukakis is supposed to somehow be even less convincing then W in combat gear?

Alternative C

Alternative B

Kerry... what a fucking putz.

Exhibit D

hello, self respect? are you in there?