Not a Pizza Post....

Comments

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    Great. It's about 11am, I've got a tonne of work to finish, and all I can think about is pizza.

Now, can any Toronto people point me towards the best pizza in the city? And please, no Amato's nonsense. I mean some real deal stuff. Aser? I'm, looking at you.

• YES

b/w

Zachary's is not real pizza

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Don't you live in the Bronx? There has to a spot on Arthur Avenue with good Sicilian slices.

No good pizza spots on Arthur Ave, and no one bring up Full Moon pizzeria because that place is wack. There are very, very few Italians left on Arthur Ave, its mainly Eastern Europeans there now. Even the Arthur Ave market is slipping with the quality of Italian goods.

I saw 5 to 7 different Sicilian slices up in the market this week.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Great. It's about 11am, I've got a tonne of work to finish, and all I can think about is pizza.

Now, can any Toronto people point me towards the best pizza in the city? And please, no Amato's nonsense. I mean some real deal stuff. Aser? I'm, looking at you.

I somehow missed this post.

best in toronto is terroni. Shit is a sit down spot though, no slices. We'll go one time, page me xoxo!

Overall pizza in toronto is tepid.

I've been meaning to try L&B Spumoni, but Difara's sq pie be calling me every time.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Best Pie: Lombardis

Best Slice: New Park on Cross Bay Blvd.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

What is that mozzarella and kidney beans? Fuck that looks nasty.

nope, just 100% rotten beans...saying it smells like feet is being kind...smells like feet covered in vomit.

dogg, it was school lunch. not that good gourmet shit!

aight, first of all, are you serious? UGHHHHHH!!!!

Secondly, no bullshit, whats the best pizza spot in l.a.? I think ive been to em all right now and im still not impressed. Theres gotta be something.

Also, give it up for tabasco on pizza. thats my shit.

whats the best pizza spot in l.a.?

whats the best pizza spot in l.a.?

come on man, please be serious.

• choleracholera 101 Posts

I somehow missed this post.

best in toronto is terroni. Shit is a sit down spot though, no slices. We'll go one time, page me xoxo!

Overall pizza in toronto is tepid.

I've been meaning to try L&B Spumoni, but Difara's sq pie be calling me every time.

The missus has told me that Terroni is the spot. We've walked by the one by Trinity a tonne of times, but I've never had the pleasure of it. I know Pizza's pretty weak in Toronto. I'm kinda surprised that there isn't some dope spot on St. Clair. We're going to have to take part in some pizza grubbings.

Only strong suace, no ...

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    best slice and square pie in ny=

best traditional pie in ny=

I'm not waiting in line for a slice of pizza. That really goes against the whole idea of NYC pizza. IMO.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    I'm not waiting in line for a slice of pizza. That really goes against the whole idea of NYC pizza. IMO.
    then you must be eating...

UAAAGUUGGGHHHH I cant see it!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

"Dirty Triangles"tm

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i guess...but i'm not really trying to eat the reheated average slices that ALOT of ny pizza shops dish out. fuck a rays pizza. dom dimarco the owner of di fara is super slow but his pizza shits on every other joint in town. he doesn't use frozen cows milk mozz. like a ton of crap spots do. he uses 75% fresh imported BUFFALO mozz and 25% fresh cows milk. he uses imported san marzano tomatoes. fresh hand stretched dough. a healthy amount of olive oil before and after cooking. and tops the pie after cooking with fresh clipped basil and grated grana padana. i'll take quality over quantity/speed anyday. to each his own.

That's like waiting in line for a hotdog.

i guess...but i'm not really trying to eat the reheated average slices that ALOT of ny pizza shops dish out. fuck a rays pizza. dom dimarco the owner of di fara is super slow but his pizza shits on every other joint in town. he doesn't use frozen cows milk mozz. like a ton of crap spots do. he uses 75% fresh imported BUFFALO mozz and 25% fresh cows milk. he uses imported san marzano tomatoes. fresh hand stretched dough. a healthy amount of olive oil before and after cooking. and tops the pie after cooking with fresh clipped basil and grated grana padana. i'll take quality over quantity/speed anyday. to each his own.

You put on your light blue sunday suit to get a slice of pizza?

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

then you should avoid nathans at coney island on a nice day because you will be waiting in a long line for a hot dog.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    You are welcome to try the pizza at Lucky Cat in BK. I'll buy you all a beer. It's not a brick oven but gets up to 600 degs. or so. fresh moz, home made pesto, truffle oil, among other things.

then you should avoid nathans at coney island on a nice day because you will be waiting in a long line for a hot dog.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

You put on your light blue sunday suit to get a slice of pizza?
    hahaha- have you been to di fara? that place is a mess. you go for the pizza. not the atmosphere.

You are welcome to try the pizza at Lucky Cat in BK. I'll buy you all a beer. It's not a brick oven but gets up to 600 degs. or so. fresh moz, home made pesto, truffle oil, among other things.

How are their Sicilians? Pizza is so last century.

Best hot dog is Walters on Palmer Avenue in Mamaroneck

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

dude the shape is whatever shape comes out the oven. Depends on whose making them

Another local pizza that I haven't had in a while is the Grandma's at Driggs Pizza. They got some good ones.

• Secondly, no bullshit, whats the best pizza spot in l.a.? I think ive been to em all right now and im still not impressed. Theres gotta be something.

Also, give it up for tabasco on pizza. thats my shit.

well, i personally like damiano's on fairfax. but im no pizza gourmand. the cool thing about damiano's is they have like a 5 page beer menu that's pretty thorough. and its so dark in there you really cant be bothered with whoever is sitting next to you. plus the pizza is good.

spaceghost took me to joe peep's out in north hollywood. its pretty good, i wont lie, but we only had a cheesey pie and i need me some sausage. delicious

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

dude the shape is whatever shape comes out the oven. Depends on whose making them

Another local pizza that I haven't had in a while is the Grandma's at Driggs Pizza. They got some good ones.

the grandma there is essentially the Palermo slice big chan was talking about? with no cheese and roasted onions...

the place near me in queens does a nice grandpa slice with smoked mozz...

my fav sicilian slice in nyc is the one at Spumoni Gardens with the sauce on top... shit is so bangin...

• Pizza seems to come in three overall styles:

1) NY (the real deal, and harder to get the further away you get)

2) Chicago (deep fried Polack pizza, too greasy for my tastes)

3) West Coast (light & flaky, no body, full of obscure toppings--more like peta bread or something)

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

What exactly do you consider to be "Sicilian" pizza? Sfincione? And what??s the difference compared to usual "Italian" pizza?

PS: I think pizza comes in one acceptable style: Italian

• Neopolitan: your standard round, medium-thick crust

Sicilian: thicker crust, more breadlike, often square

-- Chef Plantoni