any golden state warriors fans?

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
one of my old teammates got called up from the d league yesterday to the warriors.name is kelenna azubuike. do yall think its a good pick up? i havent watched any golden state games before yesterday, but i think dude will do some work.im a warriors fan right now

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    one of my old teammates got called up from the d league yesterday to the warriors.
    name is kelenna azubuike. do yall think its a good pick up? i havent watched any golden state games before yesterday, but i think dude will do some work.
    im a warriors fan right now

Did you play at Kentucky???

Isn't this the dude that came out for the draft early when his Dad went to prison??

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    He played in last night's game against the Hornets. Actually got a lot of minutes for just showing up, but the Warriors are down to only 2 guards because of injuries. He'll probably continue to get a lot of play, but then get cut soon because there's a deadline to guarantee contracts for the rest of the season coming up. If he plays well, he'll probably get picked up for another short term contract after the deadline is passed.

Didn't get to see much of last night's game, so can't really comment on what he did or how well he played.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    azubuike was on the cavs summer league team. did real well too. once hughes goes down again we'll probably be wishing we signed him.

i like the warriors a lot. i'd say they have the most impressive roster in the nba.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    one of my old teammates got called up from the d league yesterday to the warriors.
    name is kelenna azubuike. do yall think its a good pick up? i havent watched any golden state games before yesterday, but i think dude will do some work.

Did you play at Kentucky???

Isn't this the dude that came out for the draft early when his Dad went to prison??

nah we played high school ball together
    yeah and thats the dude. our families are close. i really dont know all the details behind what happened with his pops but i do know he is tryin to make money to pay for all the debt that was incurred. he has an older and a younger brother that can hoop as well. even his lil sister can do the damn thing.

i saw richardson broke his hand. kelenna got a 10 day contract and he said nelson told him to expect to play about 20 minutes a game. hopefully it can be for the rest of the season.

• Crazy, the Nugget girl that works with me said she knows that guy too and was just telling me about him yesterday.

As far as the Warriors having the most impressive roster in the NBA, a little bit of an overstatement, don't you think? Don't get me wrong, Davis and J.Rich are the shit, but I never noticed that the rest of their team was anything more than average to good for the NBA. I still like the Warriors though, their star players are amazing to watch. Feel free to school me on the rest of their team. Dunleavy doesn't impress me. Ellis is nice. Barnes and Pietrus are aight... I mean who else they got?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    you live in denver? his older brother stays out there. might know him through his brother.

homie had 15 last night. i believe he started as well. thats wassup

• Yup, that's it. She said she knows his brother. Small world!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    As far as the Warriors having the most impressive roster in the NBA, a little bit of an overstatement, don't you think? Don't get me wrong, Davis and J.Rich are the shit, but I never noticed that the rest of their team was anything more than average to good for the NBA. I still like the Warriors though, their star players are amazing to watch. Feel free to school me on the rest of their team. Dunleavy doesn't impress me. Ellis is nice. Barnes and Pietrus are aight... I mean who else they got?

The Warriors are Dallas circa 1998. Watch out. They got some cats there that can really emerge. Once they get cut some fat$(dunleavy) and get some chemistry developed shit is going to be crazy. Matt Barnes and Ellis are up and comers.
    DO NOT SLEEP ON DON NELSON.

Sacramento is fallin'.
    Utah is back.
    LAC is lost like the Blair Witch Project.
    Lakers are on the serious upswing.

Dallas/Phoenix/San Antonio - NO WORDS.

Golden State Fans need to be patient. Shit is gonna happen. I'm not talkin Ring stuff but they can replace one the 3 or 4 teams that were heat 5 yrs ago and be at least a 2nd round playoff team. Yes - I said it. Not this year though.

Truthfully , this shit should be in the NBA thread.

• Nelly is my boy, Ill watch any team he coaches. Bob Knight to, they both bring a or folding chair to basketball.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Great! I hope your boy strings a couple of good games together, gets picked up for a second 10 day contract, and before you know it, he'll be the Warriors equivalent of Ime Udoka!

Go Warriors! Beat everyone except Portland!

Peace,
    JRoot

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Golden State Fans need to be patient.

Hey, I've been waiting 12 years for a playoff game, I've got nothing but patience.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Gilbert Arenas would be a nice fit on the Warriors .......

Golden State Fans need to be patient.

Hey, I've been waiting 12 years for a playoff game, I've got nothing but patience.

I'm keeping hope alive with you brother! It's been a Looooonnnngggggg time. Right now we're 8th in the playoffs. I'm not sure we can hold onto it though, but it's nice to actually be in almost every game we play and have a real coach for a change. Plus we've still been winning our fair share of games with many players coming in and out of the line-up with injures (Ellis, Richardson, Murphy, Pietrus, etc.)

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Patrick O'Bryant

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Monta Ellis is dope.

I hope Matt Barnes takes Mike Dunleavy Jr's minutes.

I hope Matt Barnes takes Mike Dunleavy Jr's minutes.

He is. Dunleavy comes off the bench now.

Patrick O'Bryant

Got sent to the D-League

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    the dunleavy, murphy, foyle contracts are killing us considering how much they contribute. i wish we could move one/some/all of them.

the dunleavy, murphy, foyle contracts are killing us considering how much they contribute. i wish we could move one/some/all of them.

Murphy has been shopped and shopped and shopped and there's no takers. Dunleavy is completely underwhelming so I don't know whether there's any market for him either. Plus he has a base year contract which won't be up until the end of the season. Foyle might have some takers but he's getting starters money for being a career back-up.

Your friend is in luck. The Warriors just cut a guard so that Azubuike can be re-signed with the team.

I really do wish these teams in Cali would step their game up, so we could have another intra-state rivalry.

Look at the standings, the Warriors are #8 in the playoffs right now.

Your friend is in luck. The Warriors just cut a guard so that Azubuike can be re-signed with the team.

Look at the standings, the Warriors are #8 in the playoffs right now.

I'm talking about rivalries like this:

I'm talking about rivalries like this: