What the Who? (MMR)... aka Introduce Yo Self

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

new found interests: jeans that are way too got dayum expensive.[/b]

Nettles, there's still time to hop the plane with Rossoggers, as I know someone who is currently interested in expensive jeans. Matter of fact, she's shopping right now!

blimey!! wish i could fit into Hogg's suitcases, but i can barely fit into those cursed Sevens.

hope someone finds a dreamy pair.

Shit, just write the size on Hogg's hand and someone will make sure he gets serious with his souvenir game...

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts

Shit, just write the size on Hogg's hand and someone will make sure he gets serious with his souvenir game...

done. like what.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Okay, I'll jump in-

Name: The official government document reads Phillip Eugene Stroman (hence the "p.eugene" Ebay seller name). Also known as Phill Most Chill, Soulman and Phill Most The Soulman. I have many other aliases, but that dude from America's Most Wanted might be lurking, so I'll chill.

ALSO- please note the two L's in "Phillip". There are also two L's in "Phill". I REPEAT, THERE ARE TWO L'S IN PHILL. Thank you.

Location: born and now living in Phill[/b]adelphia, PA, but grew up in Norwalk, Ct. (about 30 mins. up I-95 from the BX)

Fam: Wife (celebrating our 10 yr. anniversary on Friday), a 6 year old girl and a 3 year old boy who are the joys of our world.

First record bought: Probably something by George Clinton

Last Record bought: Collegium Musicum Live

Collection: Far too many... I stopped actually counting at about 5,000. Although I have been trying to jettison much of this vinyl, I'd guess that I'm still at no less than 15,000.

Occupation: My daytime career is in the land engineering field... I'll leave it at that because I like to stay incognito, but I will add that I am a boss and enjoy sonning my workers every chance I get (Raystar know what's up- don't tell nobody, dog!).

Outside of that some of y'all may know me from magazine work for Rapsheet, Big Daddy, Grandslam, Wax Po, etc. Some may know the website, www.worldofbeats.com (still alive yet dead at the same time!). Some may know the many mixtapes and cds that are all over Soulseek. Some may know the old Phill Most Chill or Baritone Tiplove records. But, alas, I'm pretty sure that most have no idea who the hell I am! It's all goood.

Djing since: never- although a lot of people think I am, I really am not a deejay at all. I'm just a dude with a lot of records.

Making beats since: Uhhh... maybe around 1985? That sounds about right.

Last listened to: A bunch of 9th Wonder instrumentals

Turn-ons: Romantic walks through North Philly in the moonlight by myself, Buffie The Body jpegs, barking dogs

Turn-offs: If I am properly turned on it is not possible to turn me off.

Current weight: about 210 lbs.

Currently benching: I actually haven't touched my big weights in a long time, but I'll guess if I tried right now I'd only be throwing my own weight up (210 or so). Any big boys out there liftin' six plates (other than Dee Rock)?

Coming soon: WORLD OF BEATS RECORDS. G.U.N "The Greedy Ultimate E.P." in stores in a minute (as soon as i get a decent test press in the mail!)

peace and I'm out

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Phill[/b], what's up with W*l**e E***s though?!

I hear things homm[/b]ie

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I hear things homm[/b]ie

All things will be revealed in time. It's comin', mane!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    I hear things homm[/b]ie

All things will be revealed in time. It's comin', mane!

mama mia just dooo eeet!!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Real-World name: Dan Zacks[/b]
    Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada (with a very real possibility of relocating to--gasp!--Fredericton, New Brunswick[/b]
    In the game (diggin): five years[/b]
    Collection: there are about 1300 records in my collection and another 400 that I keep on hand to sell[/b]
    Occupation: record dealer/radio broadcaster/journalist/layabout/boulevardier[/b]
    Currently listening to: Black Sugar II[/b]

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Real-World name: Martin aka Devil McDoom
    Loc: Sweden
    In the game (diggin): Been searching for the perfect beat for maybe about 5 years? But as far as I see it, I havent even gotten started yet!
    Favourite Movie: Peter Sellers 'The Party'.
    Collection: Got a filled 5x5 Expedit and I have no idea how much that is.
    Currently Listening to: The rain, my computer fan, and a looped up G Minor 7th string chord.
    Occupation: President of The International Illhornstabraer Sympathizers.

Hey Martin, I didn't realise you were Devil McDoom. Cool.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Real-World name: Ross V***or (it's Cajun, not Italian)

• MicOneMicOne 23 Posts
    This my first post.......long time lurker!!
    Time to join in on the fun

Real-World name: M!ke Sh*^%z@
    Loc: Pacifica....born and raised in S.F.
    In the game (diggin): buying hip hop wax since 1987 (7th Grade)...seriously digging since 95
    Collection: 9,000....way too much...I need to sift through the trash
    Currently Listening to: Stezo "It's My Turn" and Hells Kitchen (TV Show)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

In the game (diggin): buying hip hop wax since 1987 (7th Grade)...seriously digging since 95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH HELL NAWS! You're ass is on here now?

• Whaddup Mic One eerraayy

• MicOneMicOne 23 Posts

OH HELL NAWS! You're ass is on here now?

damn, what's all the hostility about? Sorry to invade on your private garden

• MicOneMicOne 23 Posts
    Whaddup Mic One eerraayy
    bird calll

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    have you seen his bunny suit?

• MicOneMicOne 23 Posts
    no, not yet....please post

I don't have the actual pic, but it looks much like this...

dam man, i'm on thin ice.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Name: tony tripledouble tonyL antonio , tonino (only my ma can call me that)

Fam: whole world. those who know me can vouch for that. but real fam is mostly in italia

First record bought: ????? first digging type thing was cymande (bought it 4 blocks from my house, on the street)
    Last Record bought: uroy w/tomdrunk at a porchsale in westphilly

Collection: 4-5k probbly who knows who cares

Occupation: work for a university near where i grew up. i make nutrition curiculums for public schools and try to integrate that curiculum. im like a free safety home ec food revolutionary

Djing since: 1996, on some, "shit i aint afraid to play some records out, even though i got no skills."

Making beats since: in my head since birth. in reality...never

Last listened to: fela fela fela fela fela and that quas remake of fat pockets

movie: deadman. and i gotta give a shoutout to michael myers and yoda

Turn-ons: girls with curls and big long locks and beatnik chicks just wearing their socks (or smocks)

Turn-offs: babylon culture, although it has indirectly turned me onto other things

Current weight: 175, but shit aint sweet

Currently benching: i semi regularly do 3 sets of 8-10 at 180...its not prison yard status, but it keeps me war ready

Coming soon: aeiou uno with extra bonus beats

whas it all about?
    leave your mark on your immediate environment and community. every moment is vital...build and build and keep it moving. live your ideals. stay positive. remind yourself you are a part of nature and not above it.

fuck the bullshit!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

MUNI-ONE! What it does? Come through Saturday to 26 Mix for the Cali' Livin' Pooarty.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I know you must be tired of hearing this but,props on that AEIOU 2 mixtape,as you can see by my location i'm down in Jamaica not Queen's .My only real access to this whole scene is through the net,so i hope i can get a late pass for missing out until now on it.Good ish keep them coming.

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    A little late as usual, but....

Real-World name: M. Webb
    Loc: San Francisco, born and raised
    In the game (diggin): bout 5 years (DJing): 8 years
    Collection: Treading water at 5K for a few years now.
    Currently Listening to: Marvin Holmes & Justice "Honor Thy Father"
    Average Soul Strut Posting: Maybe one every two weeks at best, my post count is pathetic.
    Early Musical Exposure: Played classical piano since i was 4, but I fell off about 10 years ago. Clarinet and Alto Sax in Middle & High Schools. Guitar and scratching in college.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

MUNI-ONE! What it does? Come through Saturday to 26 Mix for the Cali' Livin' Pooarty.

Sorry, wrong Myk-One.

Which Mic are you again?

A little late as usual, but....

Real-World name: M. Webb
    Loc: San Francisco, born and raised
    In the game (diggin): bout 5 years (DJing): 8 years
    Collection: Treading water at 5K for a few years now.
    Currently Listening to: Marvin Holmes & Justice "Honor Thy Father"
    Average Soul Strut Posting: Maybe one every two weeks at best, my post count is pathetic. shows that I have an actual life and better things to do [/b]
    Early Musical Exposure: Played classical piano since i was 4, but I fell off about 10 years ago. Clarinet and Alto Sax in Middle & High Schools. Guitar and scratching in college.

Average Soul Strut Posting: Maybe one every two weeks at best, my post count is pathetic. shows that I have an actual life and better things to do [/b]

Oh yeah, absolutely. *sheepishly shuts down Freecell, Hearts, and Spider Solitaire*

Oh yeah, absolutely. *sheepishly shuts down Freecell, Hearts, and Spider Solitaire*

haha! Spider Solitare was my shit BSS*

*before you know what

haha! Spider Solitare was my shit BSS*

*before you know what

Two suits still gets me. I should start playing poker online and actually make money playing cards. Texas Hold'em is to 2005 as DJing was to the late 90's, everybody I know is a poker player now.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    Real-World name: D***N aka Dylonious, The Dylsnik
    Loc: Bristol
    In the game: I wouldn't consider myself a 'digger'or a collector, more a hoarder - Been picking up tapes and wax since mid 80, but really started to get out of hand around 92.
    Collection: Never counted - a room full at home and a couple racks at ma dukes'. Estimo around 4000+ big records and a couple hundred little uns. Really need a big purge, but it breaks my heart to do it.
    Occupation: Publishing production manager. It's not exactly living the dream, but it pays the bills.
    Currently listening to: Terry Wogan (uugh - forced to listen to a 'light' radio station at work, listened to PiLs Metal Box in the car on the way in)

• NLMNLM 1 Post
    Name: Nate Martel
    Job: Social Worker
    REcords: 4500-5000
    Years Digging: 8 or 9