What the Who? (MMR)... aka Introduce Yo Self

1235»

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Name: Awwwdrey
    Job: LexisNexis leading provider of attorney crack
    Hobbies: making crap, toy photography, pirate radio
    Currently listening to: Junkyard - The Birthday Party
    Turn-Ons: comedy, Rough Trade, BYG / Actuel, karaoke, agitprop, sonic smith in a superhero suit, the east bay, free-jazz, overdriven & noisy rock, pho, the Bomb Squad, baseball, comics, redwoods and sequoias, photo booths, strange people who aren't psychos, barbeques, peter parker
    Turn-Offs: note taking, Tom Cruise, movie titles like "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants", boring mopey people, department meetings, Yes

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Real-World name: pejman aka kidgusto aka gusto aka gustro.

Loc: Half Silver Spring MD/ Half DC

In the game (musician): 20 years now

In the game (diggin): 6 to 7 years

Collection: who gives a shyte. that's some brew-ha, how many beers did you drink tonight type shit. But, I can't stop collecting, so the pile just gets bigger and bigger.

Occupation: Just got laid off recently. Hostile take-over at the office. It's about time too... I was getting too comfortable as a laptop/network tech. time to hustle the music and audio engineering full time and finish up school and transfer to American University.

Currently listening to: Emilio Santiago "Bananeira".

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Real-World name: Joe M*****
    Loc: Seattle
    In the game (diggin): 8 years
    Collection: 2k? Trying to clear out the garbage.
    What's in it: Brazilian music, disco breaks, early 60's free jazz.
    Currently listening to: Jorge Ben "Negro e Lindo", Jamie Lidell "Multiply"
    Hobbies: Capoeira, organic gardening, mountain climbing, Fender Rhodes

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Real-World name: Nathaniel Morse[/b]
    Loc: S.F. born and bred, the sounds of the city is what got me open[/b]
    In the game (diggin): since '95, more serious since '02[/b]
    First record purchased: Bomb Records Compilation, from Behind the Post Office (remember when they had records?)[/b]
    Original inspiration: mixtapes by Romanowski b/w recommended record purchases by Romanowski[/b]
    Collection: around 2500 LPs/12s, a couple hundred 45's[/b]
    Occupation: 1st Grade teacher soon to be chillin for a lil while b/w the DJin husssle[/b]
    Currently listening to: Nino - Tal Vez[/b]
    I wanna say peace to all my SF peoples, I fuckin love this place! Feelin all heady and sentimental right about now. *single tear*

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

Collection: Two expedits worth, but only one actual expedit.
    digging since: 1998
    currently listening to: Phil Collins, Face Value and McGriff and Junior Parker studio record

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Real-World name:[/b] Pete B**b
    Alias:[/b] DJ Enki, what'shisface, fuckhead
    Location:[/b] Hershey to southern CT to NC to Oakland, where I'm growing some roots
    In the game (diggin):[/b] Since '95, more serious since around '02 (I'm stealing Morsecode's answer because it works for me as well)
    Collection:[/b] A lean-n-mean 3500
    Can be seen:[/b] Enjoying the music in my headphones perhaps a bit too much on BART, interviewing hip-hop's minor arcana, having conniptions over craptacular grammar
    Occupation:[/b] Copy editor, DJ, music journalist, fledgling producer, Grandmaster Head Buckaroo of the Grammar Rodeo
    Current fixation:[/b] Learning proper engineering techniques so I can make my beats sound like they're supposed to
    Did you know?:[/b] I worked for the FBI one summer, and I have the T-shirt, office paraphernalia, and handgun certification to prove it.
    Currently listening to:[/b] the endless loop of "Greatest Man Alive" running through my head