Final buy of 2006 (RR)

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Post the last record you won on ebay and the last record you found diggin out in the field in 2006.Last record I won on ebay was...and the last record I found diggin at a local store was...

Comments

• dang dog, you better stick to stores.

i bought a classical record with a break two days ago. and i got eddie simpson in the mail from a strutter.

• last ebay:

last dig:

• last dig ($1):

last ebay ($6):

THX ER*C!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Last eBay ($10) :

Bought in a store yesterday:

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    ebay:

real world:

• Last ebay: La Feria de Cepillin
    Last dig: Popmusik single

sorry, no pics

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    last ebay:

last store:

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Post the last record you won on ebay and the last record you found diggin out in the field in 2006.

Last record I won on ebay was...

and the last record I found diggin at a local store was...
    Damn...Diggin' in the stores in 2007 is on!!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    ebay

real world

• Oliver Cheatham - "Get Down Saturday Night" 12" on ebay.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Belated christmas present!!

8bits is the SHIT!!

- spidey

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Just came back from a prolonged weekend in Berlin. Didn't have any time for record shopping (romantic trip with girlfriend related), but on December 31st I bought this cheapo repackage of "Rischka's Soul" at some random record store we passed while we were shopping for shoes:

I don't buy on Ebay, but my last online purchase was:

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Ebay:

Sick Lone Ranger lp, with extra super budget cover, the yellow paper is glued over another
    entirely different cover. I've seen some seriously budget shit from Jamaica but this took the cake!

In the field:
    Omar and Angie Stone's version of the William DeVaughn classic:

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    last real world buy

dallas funk 45 I never knew existed. yes plaese.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    All in one day over the Xmas break, I found this compilation of sides by Titus Turner (fifties era R&B singer) in the cutout bins at Virgin Megastore.

Went to another store, bought this on CD:

And then a vinyl shop had this for $6.99:

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    last dig

last ebay about 2 months ago

• last finds of 06:

Ken Munson - Super Flute

and

oh and

Kokane bakin' soda free single ruthless 94

• last ebay was SON Library Industrial Themes vol 1

last thrift purchase was some Japanese flute music

no pics

• In the field:

did you find that at Open Mind? i traded that in recentley

In the field:

did you find that at Open Mind? i traded that in recentley

Open Mind?
    Where dat?
    I found this at the Everyday Music in Seattle.
    This is a nice cut, why did you let it go?

• oh, I thought you lived in SF. I let it go because it sucked.....i remember liking the Blaze remix when I first heard it but I don't know, I thought it was just sounded too smooth for my taste (even though I like both Omar and Angie Stone).

In terms of re-makes you should check out Devaughn's disco remake (it's been repressed on vinyl 12'') and there's a reggae version I beliebe by a Donovan Charles that is straight /

The blaze remix was ehhh...
    The A side Solar Energy Remix is what's up!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Last ebay:

Wildflowers 1 & 2 ($4.99 Buy It Nows from two different sellers)

Real world Goodwill finds:

Gil Scott Heron / GSH & Brian Jackson:

Reflections
    Secrets

last dig

At some point in 2006, I found this LP as well. It's still in my "to be listened to (for the first time)" pile. Looking forward to hearing it, as I've had their two other albums for quite some time now - great examples of Long Island hard rock with a soulish tint, ca. 1969-70.

Last ebay:

Is this from that series of experimental NY jazz on Douglas/Casablanca? If so, those are good albums (at least the two I have, I believe there was one more). I'm pretty fairweather about jazz in general, but this series (still fairly common) hits the spot for me.

Plus, there's always the novelty value of music like this being put out by a trashy label like Casablanca (even if it is on a label they distrubuted, rather than Casablanca itself).

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    ebay:

real world:

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Last ebay:

Is this from that series of experimental NY jazz on Douglas/Casablanca? If so, those are good albums (at least the two I have, I believe there was one more). I'm pretty fairweather about jazz in general, but this series (still fairly common) hits the spot for me.

Plus, there's always the novelty value of music like this being put out by a trashy label like Casablanca (even if it is on a label they distrubuted, rather than Casablanca itself).

Yeah that's the series. There's 5 volumes and the sampler so 6 records for the whole thing and now i only need #4 to be done. (Anyone?)

It's a cool round up the loft scene with some weird sounds going on. If you're indifferent to jazz i would think these would either be a huge turn on or a huge turn off because they are certainly distinct.

• At some point in 2006, I found this LP as well. It's still in my "to be listened to (for the first time)" pile. Looking forward to hearing it, as I've had their two other albums for quite some time now - great examples of Long Island hard rock with a soulish tint, ca. 1969-70.

I love their other two but was very disappointed with that LP. More hardrock sound to it with none of the soulful psych of the other two.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    One of these for myself... although I did subsequently purchase a few more pieces for friends or for trade:

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    ebay:

store:

Espers II