The Tower rapp CD situation

Comments

• sergserg 682 Posts
    damn, hardlyart guy did pretty well...myself not so much.
    I went down there this blustery afternoon and returned with a little over 20 discs:

Still, at a buck each that's not terrible. There was NO real schitt or mainstream stuff left at all.

I was going to cop a Frankie Beverley & Maze CD too but dude wanted 5 bucks just for that one ...I guess my price threshold is similar to Noz's .

ha, you grabbed that lake berryessa shit? man I should have passed on a lot of shit but I walked out with 46 cds and a Three 6 Mafia DVD

I grabbed this stuff, pretty sure I bought a lot of crap but I'm happy about the murder dawg comp, greg street joint, that psycho drama and some others

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Who this Herm dude looks like you got his entire catalog,wait... doesn't he post on here

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    here's what i grabbed last week

i went back yesterday and encountered the most awful selection of bay area trash celly cel comeback cds. i did find a PHD Without Warning which was tight.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    serg how is that lady of rage? i picked it up and put it back like five times. couldn't bring myself to do it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Damn, you got BAD AZZ!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    And did I>everyone/I> get a Pastor Troy & The Congregation? I hope so because that CD is great.

Look at 2nd cd at the top of Peaceful's pile.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    uhh... that was my point. it seems to be the only cd to show up in all four photos/lists posted here.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    serg how is that lady of rage? i picked it up and put it back like five times. couldn't bring myself to do it.

man that lady of rage mixtape ain't bad, I'm only like 4 tracks deep and I'm feelin it so far. shit it's better than any of the 30 garbage spice1/celly cell comp/albums they had.

I really should have gone through there like two weeks ago but I kept putting it off.

I like how the receipt tells me I saved $723.03 today

Oh i didn't notice, my eyes are starting to close i'm going to bed.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    PASTOR TROY AND THE CONGREGATION

I THINK I PAID $10 FOR THAT THIS YEAR

SERIOUSLY DOPE

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    serg how is that lady of rage? i picked it up and put it back like five times.

Am I the only one that finds this post rather suggestive?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    For those of you who picked up Whut It Dew Vol. 1, make sure to check for track #27...Got Karo by Nac and Paul Wall, produced by Salih Williams of Carnival Beats. It's got the best chorus EVER!!!

• sergserg 682 Posts
    For those of you who picked up Whut It Dew Vol. 1, make sure to check for track #27...Got Karo by Nac and Paul Wall, produced by Salih Williams of Carnival Beats. It's got the best chorus EVER!!!

I cosign the fuck out of this!

SF market street Tower still had one copy of Whut It Dew 1 when I left last night.

• (remember Skullsnaps and RAMP was in the cutout bins in the 70's)

Put all of these local Bay and ATL CDs on ice and in ten years (maybe less) you will be making money.

If City Hall had a $1 CD blowout I'd fly to San Rafael and get busy.

• For those of you who picked up Whut It Dew Vol. 1, make sure to check for track #27...Got Karo by Nac and Paul Wall, produced by Salih Williams of Carnival Beats. It's got the best chorus EVER!!!

I cosign the fuck out of this!

SF market street Tower still had one copy of Whut It Dew 1 when I left last night.

hey Serg, was there more than one rap section? I noticed you picked up quite a few titles that I didn't see there...and I certainly didn't see any Rapid Ric stuff, etc.
    I definitely woulda grabbed that Yo Gotti among other things. I almost grabbed the murder dog carolina joint...haha.

So how's that Boo Yaa Tribe?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I want to understand how so much Cali rap did so well with distribution.

The one good thing about all these prices being so high normally is that when they went out of business there was so much good shit there.

For some reason I thought it would be swift to pick up a 2005 Knockturnal release though. Well, I didn't really think that but I decided for 1.00 I might figure out what Dre saw in the dude. Bad move. I want my 1.00 back.

Serg nice call on the Yo Gotti; they had a bunch of copies of that left in Tower on Clark, if I didn't already own it that would have been the best find as far as new shit.

Somebody tell me why I should like this '93 C-Bo album I got because it was boring on first (3 tracks in) listen

• Which C-Bo album?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Gas Chamber which i guess is his first record?

I also copped "best appearances - 91-99' or whatever it is and thats real good.

• I don't have the full length but the 12" for Liquor Sto'/4deep is bangin'...I'm a little biased towards that sound tho. Tales From The Crypt is a dope one (little more polished producto), if you see that out there check it out.

• Liquor Sto'

regional classic

• Who this Herm dude looks like you got his entire catalog,wait... doesn't he post on here

hahaha yeah it looks like EVERYONE copped Herm's tapes. the first one is a Bay Area, uh, classic? but the rest are doodoo.

• I kinda like the second one too. Primo got skills, and I'm pretty much down to listen to any 11-5 or U.D.I. stuff once or twice.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i slept and didnt get shit really. two pastor troy cds, mack minister, kano, some dude who rick rock produced the whole shit of, and some other stuff. i bought way too many kelis singles and kings of digging was purchased on the cheap. i picked up coup, jim jones, wattstax, and some other dvds and down magazine for 25 cents because eightball and mjg were on the cover and i was happy to see that serg writes for them.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    my holiday party was located half a block away from tower. hence, 5 beers later i'm walking home with a bag of thirty cds. decent shit tho.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    What to get for the mom who has everything? How about The Mossie's entire discography!

I went to 2 Towers today in DC land. While most of the selection was the same (if we could find a way to make cars run on Celly Cel CD's, we'd solve the energy crisis), there were a few differences. One store had the entire Mac Dre discography, while the other seemed to specialize in every compilation known to man.

But yeah, if you're not into indie bay/gangsta shit, you're outta luck. Though I did randomly find a stash of Young Jeezy and Public Enemy CDs mixed among the wasteland.

• I just came back from the San Mateo one, I had to show some major restraint; I had to put back a lot of interesting looking Northern Soul, James Mason's solo LP, Disco collection CD's and other beat-centric electronic type schitt like Dabrye or Matthew Dear. I did actually snag a few things I would of bought anyway at full price, stuff I wanted on CD so I can get a clean recording to Microwave, or reIeases I would never want to pay full import vinyl price for:

Platinum Pied Pipers "Triple P"
    Fisherspooner #1
    Osunlade presents Yoruba Records
    Quantic One Off's, Remixes & B-Sides
    Avilla Bros: The Mood Soundsational
    Ayatollah "Now Playing"
    Dj Muro & Kon & Amir "Kings of Diggin"
    MSTRKRFT The Looks
    Teedra Moses Complex Simplicity
    Danny Krivitz Introduces "P&P Records"
    Cosa Nostra "Squeez it Tight" on Vampi Soul

The hip-hop section looked beyond pathetic, judging by everyon'es "come-ups" it wasn't even worth looking.

• The hip-hop section looked beyond pathetic, judging by everyon'es "come-ups" it wasn't even worth looking.

elitist

• James Mason's solo LP

Should grab it homie, that's your shit - spiritual dancefloor soul.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    James Mason's solo LP

Should grab it homie, that's your shit - spiritual dancefloor soul.

Yep, great album with some absolute fire tracks.

When I wrote (blogged ) about this album I got an email from James - nice guy. Told me that he'd always wanted to record a follow up but had never been in the position of being able to create the album he wanted without creative intereference from a record company. Pretty sad really.