FUTURE WAXPOETICS WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO C

124»

Comments

• I'd love to see an article on Pretty Tony Butler. Also, early LA stuff like the electro music, the LA Sport Arena jams with the Wreckin Cru and Uncle Jams Army.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Gaston and Chocloate Cholly's

Co-sign...definitely wanna know more about the baller Gaston boogie LP from 82!

SG

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The SugarHill House Band and the various session musicians who played on early Hip Hop rekkids.

I wanted to do this about 2 years ago (the All Platinum/Sugar Hill story etc.) but never got the chance to follow up on some of my leads. But I got 3 really good stories in the works (nothing that's been mentioned here) - 4 if I ever do the Sugar Hill jawn.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The SugarHill House Band and the various session musicians who played on early Hip Hop rekkids.

I wanted to do this about 2 years ago (the All Platinum/Sugar Hill story etc.) but never got the chance to follow up on some of my leads. But I got 3 really good stories in the works (nothing that's been mentioned here) - 4 if I ever do the Sugar Hill jawn.

I've always figured Sylvia Robinson's story is long and crazy
    enough to warrant a book-length biography alone. Almost one of those
    "if someone else isn't going to do it, maybe I should" kind of ideas.
    She was in the mix of popular music for what? 40+ years?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, but I would have wanted to talk about the years that were "hip-hop centric" so to speak... ugh, I can't believe I just said that.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I've always figured Sylvia Robinson's story is long and crazy

I'd love to see a feature on George Kerr.

• I'd love to see a feature on George Kerr.

• I've always figured Sylvia Robinson's story is long and crazy

I came into this thread to suggest Sylvia, so a huge on this one. Have they done an Ashford & Simpson piece yet? They were in the mix in a pretty big way for a couple of decades.

Would also like to see more on my favorite soul jazz celebs. A Shirley Scott bio maybe?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the article on Dennis Coffey in the new issue is great!!
    i never knew he played on so many classic songs.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Someone/Some Magazine did a Sylvia Robinson story that was real entertaining.
    They covered her Mafia ties amongst other stuff.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'd love to see an article on Pretty Tony Butler.

A friend has been sitting on what should be a great Pretty Tony piece... if his book ever surfaces there will be a whole lot of heretofore unknown info within on a whole lot of folk