producerstrut: anyone want to play a little game?

Comments

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i was thinking from the start to NOT add any vocals. That's it. If people wanna show off and replay shit in a studio, why not. A good track speaks for itself. But i was hoping that we could keep it "MPC-like". Meaning, load the sample and do whatever you can to make a ebat that you have to sell to, let's say, Ghostface. OR Better. Jay-Z. Now that's a challenge...ROFL.
    Seriously, just make a good track with it. No finished work. Just a blueprint even.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    i was thinking from the start to NOT add any vocals. That's it. If people wanna show off and replay shit in a studio, why not. A good track speaks for itself. But i was hoping that we could keep it "MPC-like". Meaning, load the sample and do whatever you can to make a ebat that you have to sell to, let's say, Ghostface. OR Better. Jay-Z. Now that's a challenge...ROFL.
    Seriously, just make a good track with it. No finished work. Just a blueprint even.

sounds good to me!

peace

p.s. if one of us sells the beat to any of said rappers , do we owe you a cut?

• I say make it an even slate... just use your own drums and that's it...
    Otherwise people with shit loads of fany audio equipment have an advantage over the little dudes on here...

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah but instead of making it a contest lets make it more of a showcase of your talents. I like hearing lil dude work and i like hearing big dude work also. So if you can flex on the track, by all means do so. Just try your best. Im not into the whole I BET YOU BITCHES! IM THE FUCKING MAN! contests but however you guys want to work it Im cool. I would like to add more elements by other samples to it, thats usually how i operate but im leaving that up to you guys.

• Downloading now. Will be chopping tonight. My girl just left for Hong Kong for a month and I need something to keep my mind off missing her. lol

So the rules are just flex the sample? Deadline tuesday? Sounds good to me...

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's work.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    K**e??

• K**e??

what's up b?

Haven't been making much music lately. Time to get back at it!

Hope everything is well with you!

I like the sample! The results should be interesting...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Here's a sketch of a thing I worked on today at work (ON THE CLOCK, I'll have you know). I'm gonna tighten up the drums a bit, but it shouldn't change that much. I've been playing guitar in an alt-coutryish sort of band for a few weeks, and it's nice to make some hiphop again.

This is my first time using rapidshare, so I hope this works:

Mercy.

Mike

Here's a sketch of a thing I worked on today at work (ON THE CLOCK, I'll have you know). I'm gonna tighten up the drums a bit, but it shouldn't change that much. I've been playing guitar in an alt-coutryish sort of band for a few weeks, and it's nice to make some hiphop again.

Mercy.

Mike
    thats cool man. I like how you used pieces of the vocal. drums sound cool too.

hears mines, im a little drunk right now so the mix might be off, i just recorded it straight off the mpc to wavelab and did a little eqing and compression. I think it sounds aight, real ruff draft though. Maybe tomorrow ill re-record it.

www.myspace.com/thelowendtheory

its the one with the soulstrut picture.

I just used the sample and my own drums. I was gonna get fancy tomorrow and add maybe a horn to it, but i got to study for finals so its best i get this shit out the way now.

So lemme know whats good. peace.

• Here's a sketch of a thing I worked on today at work (ON THE CLOCK, I'll have you know). I'm gonna tighten up the drums a bit, but it shouldn't change that much. I've been playing guitar in an alt-coutryish sort of band for a few weeks, and it's nice to make some hiphop again.

Mercy.

Mike
    thats cool man. I like how you used pieces of the vocal. drums sound cool too.

hears mines, im a little drunk right now so the mix might be off, i just recorded it straight off the mpc to wavelab and did a little eqing and compression. I think it sounds aight, real ruff draft though. Maybe tomorrow ill re-record it.

www.myspace.com/thelowendtheory

its the one with the soulstrut picture.

I just used the sample and my own drums. I was gonna get fancy tomorrow and add maybe a horn to it, but i got to study for finals so its best i get this shit out the way now.

So lemme know whats good. peace.

you should NOT sell your MP.

haha. yeah im going to keep it. i used the trigger finger for like a week and was like fuck all that noise and went back to the essence. I cant believe i even entertained the thought of selling it. so for now ill just deal with the crappy maudio a/d conversion. thanks for checking it out man.
    oh and here is the original sample again for your streaming pleasure.
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/soullib16bit441k-mp3.html

• haha. yeah im going to keep it. i used the trigger finger for like a week and was like fuck all that noise and went back to the essence. I cant believe i even entertained the thought of selling it. so for now ill just deal with the crappy maudio a/d conversion. thanks for checking it out man.
    oh and here is the original sample again for your streaming pleasure.
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/soullib16bit441k-mp3.html

i think i'll go all MP for my version in the tradition of what you put down. its going to be a bitch though; i'm going to rock the 60.

stay tuned.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Haze, just wanted to know the name of the track, the group, everything, I need the entire song now!
    [NOT FOR THE CONTEST]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    OK, I decided I don't like Rapidshare. Here's a Yousendit link:

Mercy.

The record though is Who Are You by Soul Liberation, and the track is touch me again.

• working on my entry as we speak, if i don't get it done tonight, by tomorrow afternoon the jawn'll be completely worked out.

deuces.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    OK, I decided I don't like Rapidshare. Here's a Yousendit link:

Mercy.

decided to do this because the sample was really wack.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5fdia0

Damn two solid ass contenders. shit... i can envision this in a club.

decided to do this because the sample was really wack.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5fdia0

nah but for real. props on that shit. Im not really into tracks like that but that was dope. I like the way your drums are mixed and how the snare cracks. Good shit.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Ok, here is my beat, feedback appreciated.

• niceness. It's really cool to hear other people's styles. Bapt coming through with a banger! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Mine's a right-click download:

Without You

• Ok, here is my beat, feedback appreciated.

this shit is fire! really feeling the choppy intro. also loving all the variation within - dropouts, delays, add-ins (I only had time to make mine a sketch really). If I were to give any criticism, it would just be that I feel like the bass could be crisper/harder. But yo, I'd love to hear more tracks like this. Whatever that high-pitched sound is that comes in at around 55 seconds in... that's

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Ok, here is my beat, feedback appreciated.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Cool, glad you like it, I have 2/3 things to change but it's a decent version.

I like your beat, simple, I like how you chopped it, good work!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    niceness. It's really cool to hear other people's styles. Bapt coming through with a banger! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Mine's a right-click download:

Without You

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    So since the sample didn't scream hip-hop banger, I made a house track!

If you hate house don't check it...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yg17rd

Shit pops off at about 4:05!

• So since the sample didn't scream hip-hop banger, I made a house track!

word. did you play that bassline? I don't know that much about house, but I can def appreciate this- taking me to the roller rink!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    word. did you play that bassline? I don't know that much about house, but I can def appreciate this- taking me to the roller rink!

Yeah, some filtered 303 action. Oldschool!

So since the sample didn't scream hip-hop banger, I made a house track!

damn, this is real dope. Everyones shit so far has been real good. Some talented dudes round these parts.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    BAPT man!

I love hearing how people flip the same sample. A lot of these online beat battles are cause all the beats sound the same, not on the Strut BABY!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I made a house track![/b]

iiit is