producerstrut: anyone want to play a little game?

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Ok, here is my beat, feedback appreciated.

I wish I could have created a track, but the end-of-semester workload is killin' a brotha. I'll definitely get down next time.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I've been really ill these last few days so haven't been able to make one, but just wanted to say that Bapt's is killing it!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    decided to do this because the sample was really wack.

Sounds like some late 70s goodness to me.

I missed out on this beatthingy. Sounds like you all had some fun with it. Nice entries from everyone, and very different from eachother. Everything sounds pretty damn good to these ears, but my favorite so far is Pony's house version. Pretty fucking nice job on that one, hombre! That's a party joint right there. And it's nice to hear some non-hiphop stuff coming from the 'Strut.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Bapt you did a wonderful job...sounds like a dedication to Jay Dee if you dont mind the analogy (specially the drums). If there was a house contest, of course Pony would have won...But it's gotta be some hip-hop flava, we're on Strut damit!!! "without you" is also well-worked. I really liked the beat job. Now it's time for me to bounce my track and post it. It's 3PM here, i'll post it around 9PM. And that will be a french takeover. Bapt+Izm=Baptizm (wasn't it an Art Ensemble of Chicago title...?).

peace

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Bapt you did a wonderful job...sounds like a dedication to Jay Dee

Thanks all for the feedback, glad you appreciate the Music.
    You're right it's like a dedication to Dilla!
    I won't lie, he is one of my inspiratons.
    [RIP Jay Dee]

It's 3PM here, i'll post it around 9PM. And that will be a french takeover.
    Bapt+Izm=Baptizm (wasn't it an Art Ensemble of Chicago title...?).

peace

Baptizm aka IZM da BAPT man

Humm...I don't know that track of A E of C but remember a beat from Roots Manuva.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Bapt+Izm=Baptizm (wasn't it an Art Ensemble of Chicago title...?)

Bap-tizum

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Damn U-Tern and Bapt killed it... Nice work hommies

LOL...well here's the takeover!!! I would sell it to Jay, but Freeway got a hold on it to make "what we do" part 2 with it...Too bad.

http://www.rogepost.com/n/6685825389

Artist : Madizm aka Izm aka 707 TEAM founder
    Title : what can i do (without your power)
    Software Used : Protools LE
    Addtionnal Ingredient : good eardrums and a Bob James record!
    Sonic Treatment : none

PS : i did that on earphones and recorded it raw (no eq or plug-ins)...i didn't clean the low-end and there's a conflict between two basslines right now. But who cares...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    LOL...well here's the takeover!!! I would sell it to Jay, but Freeway got a hold on it to make "what we do" part 2 with it...Too bad.

Nice work mang!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    dope shit man. Everyone brought some heatrocks to the table. Anymore entries? If not who wants to start the next battle? Who wants to pick the sample and all that shit? Someone start a new thread when this gets all figured out and lets get this crackin asap.
    and i like the format that izm used when he posted it. Next time everyone should give a rundown like-

Artist-
    Title-
    Gear used to produce-
    gear used to record-
    Addtional Ingrediant-
    Comments -

I think that would be dope for next time. But good job everybody and any late passes post up still in this thread.

• I'm def down. anything to keep me working!

I'm def down. anything to keep me working!
    for real man. i love little tasks like this cause it gets my lazy ass motivated.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

http://www.rogepost.com/n/6685825389

Aaahh!!!
    Nice beat mang but you won't win this time... LOL

Artist : Baptman aka Bapt aka VRAI SON A DOMICILE founder
    Title : I Love To Love You
    Software Used : Peak / Cubase
    Addtionnal Ingredient : Drums, bass, gtr...
    Sonic Treatment : EQ / COMP / LIM...

• Ok, here is my beat, feedback appreciated.

niceness. It's really cool to hear other people's styles. Bapt coming through with a banger! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Mine's a right-click download:

Without You

speaking of which... Bapt, I see you've sold beats to Stonesthrow cats. What's good? How'd that happen? They seek you out or did you just send them tracks?

I'm at a place now where I've got a huge ass catalogue of beats and I'm trying to get my stuff out there more. All advice is appreciated.

Frankly the winner is the house remix. I don't have enough time on my handz right now to play anything. And i would have love to kill that bassline. So i bow down. But i won the drum game. My drums, was better than yours, damn right, better than yours... (Put Kelis track in the background to get your laugh on).

• So since the sample didn't scream hip-hop banger, I made a house track!

If you hate house don't check it...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yg17rd

Shit pops off at about 4:05!

that??s the kind of sound that i turn off if i hear it in the radio PRONTO. i can??t stand that clubby shit. complete shitty to me. but[/b],...
    what you did is brilliant. i can smell a hated by everyone summer chart hit, great work.
    no doubt, you??ve talent.

2nd place IMO: BaptIZM (can??t choose one maybe bapt, sounds fresher) and Mike??s - mercy

but again, pony ohhhhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhhit

• Ok, here is my beat, feedback appreciated.

Hard as f*ck, homie. Sounds like it needs an ill Soma verse or 2 over it. You should let me kill this shit, seriously. I'm definitely diggin it, well done.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    If you hate house don't check it...

I'd been listening to a lot of older french house last week (Daft Punk, Jess and Crabbe, Alan Braxe, Demon etc...) it rubbed off I guess, not for everyone I know.

I'll do a hip-hop track next time if the sample takes me in that direction.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

My drums, was better than yours, damn right, better than yours...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

speaking of which... Bapt, I see you've sold beats to Stonesthrow cats. What's good? How'd that happen? They seek you out or did you just send them tracks?

I'm at a place now where I've got a huge ass catalogue of beats and I'm trying to get my stuff out there more. All advice is appreciated.

I was talking bout that beat...

No, I didn't sold any beats to Stones Throw, I made a deal with Roc C and then Egon at Stones Throw rec.
    First of all, I met Wildchild, he collaborated with us (me and the group I worked with, at that time) on a 12".
    Bunzen feat Wildchild - Microphone Technology[/b]

Then, a year after or so, I met Oh No, we (Bunzen and me) made a second 12" with him.
    Bunzen feat Oh No - Rage and Fury[/b]

Then we worked with MED and Dudley Perkins on a beat for a third 12".
    We recorded the track BUT we splitted (Bunzen and me).
    Unfortunately this beat will never see the light.
    It was called Bridging the Gap[/b] by Bunzen feat MED and Dudley, prod by my man Robin [the Boy Wonder] and Baptman.

Then a couple of years later, I made that remix of Oh No feat. Cornbread ( [color:red]KALIWILD *[/color] ) - Stomp That
    Someone at Stones Throw put the acapella on the site.
    I made 2 remixes of this track and pressed 10/15 12".
    Oh No was in Europe the month after or something like that, in London.
    So I went in London, at the balance, and gave him (and Romes!!!!!!!!) the 12"
    They decided to include the remix in the show.
    Roc C was there... that show was

The year after (or before, don't remember) I've been in Spain to "meet" them, in Sevilla.
    The show was [where is the bananas graemlin?]

(...)

I once said to Roc C "I got beats, if you need a remix or a couple of beats for a project just tell me..."
    He said "yeah why not..."
    I sent him some beats, he choosed one.
    We decided to make a deal, something like an exchange, that's it.
    Egon sent me the contract... everything was perfect.

What I'm trying to say is that this is not just a sending, I mean I hope.

[color:red] KALIWILD : [/color]

• I see... said the blind man as he peed into the wind.

That sounds like a lot of hustle and no or little dough. 'Tis the life of an artist I guess. You got any album plans or long term projects in line? You're schitt is sounding worthy.

Another thing that I'd be into doing is some type of collabo project thru this site. Same way we all flipped this one sample. It could be cool to pass around a beat. Different people somehow working together. Could be tough too. Just a thought. Maybe if we do this experiment a few more times, get more folks involved, more options will open up.

Much respect to all who participated. I hope we keep it up...

• u tern,

your mix is waaaay hot. really good deep house track. thanks!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I see... said the Bapt[/b] man as he peed into the wind.

Everyone know a Bat is blind...

Yes, I have some albums ready or about to be finished but unfortunately I'm not signed to any label, I say label but I think distribution, promo. I mean, I don't have the $$$$ to release my Music and I'm not into making a e-album nahmsayin? Fuck internet, fuck the mp3, I want a wax! [color:white] But if I don't have the choice... [/color]

I experienced some wack internet relationships, dudes want beats but don't want to pay, or they're acting like batches when it comes to speak with a man, not just a virtual artist/name.
    What? Would they act like this in the street? Is it because they're living in the other side of world... dunno.
    It's like they're all fucked up/weeded, no respect. Fuck that! Fuck 'em all!!!

Man I don't know if my Music is sounding worthy or not, but one thing is sure theres some beautiful released everyday, everywhere...

But in the other hand I collaborated with dudes who live in LA/SF, I never saw them but internet helped us to collab and it was really cool.

Anyway, I'm down for any RESPECTUOUS collaborations.

Oh! And if you (or someone else) think you can help me release my stuff holler via PM

-

Much respect to all who participated. I hope we keep it up...[/b]

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    niceness. It's really cool to hear other people's styles. Bapt coming through with a banger! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Without You

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts

Without You

Nice and pretty

aight so we ready to do this again? I nominate bapt or pony to pick the next sample. Then lets start this shit up.

• Would someone be so kind to repost bapt's beat. The link is telling me that bandwith has exceeded or something.

• Yeah, hearing these (especially Bapt's!) kinda inspired me to get back into flipping anything i can as a challenge, definitely do another of these!

• i missed out on the last one cause of time constraints. i'm hungry for a challenge. let's go.