The Doctor's Advocate creeps me out

pppppppp 261 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I was listening to The Game's Strip Club on the radio last night and decided to count the number of times he mentions Dr Dre and it hit 10. Obviously dude is nowhere to be found on the album, and I haven't heard the whole thing but I hear it's just littered with a million Dre and Aftermath references. I gotta wonder, is Dre really freaked out by this pyschopath's uttering of his name every 30 seconds? Just seems really bizzare.

Comments

• not only does he mention his name throughout the album, he refers to himself as Dre in his prime, young Dre, the next Dre, Dre incarnate, etc.. I don't get it either, and people are cosgning this shit around the world. I wonder what Dre's take on this is as well. The Game is obviously nothing like Dre is or ever was.

• [high-pitched voice from the corner of the room] ummm....can someone upload a zipped copy of the album please? [/high-pitched voice from the corner of the room]

who said that?!?!?

• he refers to himself as Dre in his prime, young Dre, the next Dre, Dre incarnate, etc..

but Dre never wrote ANY of his rhymes..... Does that mean Game doesn't either????

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    the strangest part about it is that dre was never a great rapper. he's known for his production. game does sound a little like dre on the mic, but that's nothing to brag about.

• i don't think he is trying to emulate dre as a rapper so much as he is saying that he is the face of compton like dre was

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I was listening to The Game's Strip Club on the radio last night and decided to count the number of times he mentions Dr Dre and it hit 10. Obviously dude is nowhere to be found on the album, and I haven't heard the whole thing but I hear it's just littered with a million Dre and Aftermath references. I gotta wonder, is Dre really freaked out by this pyschopath's uttering of his name every 30 seconds? Just seems really bizzare.

uhhh....the DOC did it on his first album. It's Dre's fault. He's sexually provacative when he makes beats.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

uhhh....the DOC did it on his first album. It's Dre's fault. He's sexually provacative when he makes beats.

The way The DOC referers to Dre is like on some"he's my DJ" type stuff.

The Game is on some shit.

• I was listening to The Game's Strip Club on the radio last night and decided to count the number of times he mentions Dr Dre and it hit 10. Obviously dude is nowhere to be found on the album, and I haven't heard the whole thing but I hear it's just littered with a million Dre and Aftermath references. I gotta wonder, is Dre really freaked out by this pyschopath's uttering of his name every 30 seconds? Just seems really bizzare.

The way The DOC referers to Dre is like on some"he's my DJ" type stuff.

The Game is on some shit.

That's there was a HUGE difference between Game comparing himself to Dre than what the D.O.C did, it was the thing to do in the late 80's (mention your producer or DJ)

"A Portrait of a Masterpiece, It's Funky Enough
    Cause Dre told me it has to be"

"Making it now but I'll do it for you later
    In the mix Dre put his hands on"

"Nah, it's got to go a little lower than that, Dre, drop it"

"To make you move on the hip-hop scene
    Cued up Dre, and I knew that he would know"

"The D.O.C. is looking for a dope beat to lay in something melodic
    After 30 seconds Dre looked up and said "I got it"

"Dre is on the cut so be wary of all moving"

"You gotta be weary, watch for caution, yo be warned
    By Dre and out the project born"

"Doing it forever together wit Dre, it will never cease"

"Rap much greater, Dre upon the fader"

"And if you want it deep, yo Dre go get a shovel
    And you're bumping, your speakers rattle"

"And Dre is the engineer, but I'm the drum"

"So when you're listening, you're seeing me and
    Dre cold sweating cause you know we're like striving"

"In the middle of his mix and my rhyme
    Never been in need now that Dre is on the cut"

"knowledge and the talent that my mother had born to her
    Equals an artist that wont' be worn, what is that Dre?"

"Cause Dre don't play, say what the other say"

"Me gettin' hype 'cause Dre rockin' the instrumental"

"For me to get it patented
    Dre, tellin' what I'm rappin'"

"Equals an artist that wont' be worn, what is that Dre?
    It's the formula"

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    but why does he mention Dre so much, name the album after him and there are NO Dre beats????

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    but why does he mention Dre so much, name the album after him and there are NO Dre beats????

He owes Dre big time, and maybe he's hoping if he drops his name enough times
    he'll produce a couple tracks on the next album....

But who can blame him, I'd want Dre back in my corner too, if I was him.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

He owes Dre big time, and maybe he's hoping if he drops his name enough times
    he'll produce a couple tracks on the next album....

But who can blame him, I'd want Dre back in my corner too, if I was him.

so Dre didn't give him any beats? pourquoi non?

• cascas 1,484 Posts

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

I don't think he wanted to be in the middle of the Game/G-Unit feud.
    But by giving the Game nada, didn't he take 50's side?