NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think he's also due $22 million this season or next so you're taking on a HUGE contract.

Did you miss the part about the Sixers buying him out? The contract's no longer a factor.

I didn't follow the details. I thought they'd just bought out this season, and the next team would have to pick up the remainder of his contract. Guess I'm wrong.

No, my understanding is that he's a free agent.

What you described wouldn't be a buyout at all, really; it would be a trade with certain conditions attached, and I don't think they'd get any takers.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Point-Power Forward.

You're thinking of the OLD Webber. The current Webber doesn't really run.

Webber can still contribute, but he's a role player now. He doesn't play defense. He hardly posts up. His knees are shot, and yet he still puts up great numbers. I would be warry though becuase he has a track record beginning with the Warriors, going through the Kings and up to the Sixers where he takes no responsibility for problems and will always blame everyone else and basicaly won't change his game. I think he's also due $22 million this season or next so you're taking on a HUGE contract.

One of the best passing big men from the post.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Point-Power Forward.

Webber can still contribute, but he's a role player now. He doesn't play defense. He hardly posts up. His knees are shot, and yet he still puts up great numbers. I would be warry though becuase he has a track record beginning with the Warriors, going through the Kings and up to the Sixers where he takes no responsibility for problems and will always blame everyone else and basicaly won't change his game. I think he's also due $22 million this season or next so you're taking on a HUGE contract.

Try the high post at the elbow of the free throw line. If you're idea of a point forward is a guy who just stands there and can pass then you're welcome to him!

Point-Power Forward.

Try the high post at the elbow of the free throw line. If you're idea of a point forward is a guy who just stands there and can pass then you're welcome to him!

That's why I said "PowerPoint".
    In the right offense he wont bumble the ball and is tall enough to see over the defense.

• "This is the best I've felt in three years," Webber said in a phone interview. "Now the thing I want to do most is win a championship, put myself back on that kind of level."

THEN WHY HAS HE BEEN ON THE BENCH WITH A STUBBED TOE ALL SEASON????

The 33-year-old added that he hopes to have his new address "by Monday, even though three or four teams want me by Friday."

anyway,im not mad.glad to be rid of him. old webber was my hero. this webber is a dish towel. and the sixers have a lottery to win!

• A lot of keystrokes wasted on a over-the-hill dude who will not have any say on who gets a ring unless he goes to Dallas or Detroit.

Why do I post in this thread? I know, I know, you're all asking yourselves the same question.....

A lot of keystrokes wasted on a over-the-hill dude who will not have any say on who gets a ring unless he goes to Dallas or Detroit.

Or the Lakers/Houston/Denver/Spurs/Orlando/Miami.
    Dude is far from a bum and in the right system, anything can happen.
    There are plenty of "over the hill" cats who still have a shot at a ring.
    Orlando/Grant Hill and them could come out the East.

• He's all wrong for Denver. If we were to pick up any more players (which we obviously can't afford, we had to get rid of boykins to save a couple bucks with massive contracts like kmart/nene/anthony/iverson), we'd need somebody to lead defensively. Camby can't do it on his own, and the rest of our team doesn't even know what defense is (aside from Eddie Najera maybe).

• anyway,im not mad.glad to be rid of him. old webber was my hero. this webber is a dish towel. and the sixers have a lottery to win!

i'm sayin', with c-webb out of the mix, philly's pretty much brand new! Igoudala is your oldest star player now, right? He's only 21 or 22 or something. I wish you guys well in the next draft.

He's all wrong for Denver. If we were to pick up any more players (which we obviously can't afford, we had to get rid of boykins to save a couple bucks with massive contracts like kmart/nene/anthony/iverson), we'd need somebody to lead defensively. Camby can't do it on his own, and the rest of our team doesn't even know what defense is (aside from Eddie Najera maybe).

I dont think defense ISNT at the top of your list these days. And yes Webber isnt a good fit, but who's gonna post up in the playoffs? Camby & Anthony? Acorrding to 67, Webb doesnt do that anymore. But your gonna need an "inthepaint" player if you plan on advancing past the first round. Even the Suns have Stoudamire/Thomas.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Orlando/Grant Hill and them could come out the East.

" I was the heir apparent at one time, and I'm still ballin. Get on my level C-Webb."

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I agree withn this and the sactown prime time comment

Random fact...

I used to watch nba on nbc triple headers which fetured almost always featured the kings

Remeber how C-webbs jumpers and most of all free-throws were ripping the net

• He's all wrong for Denver. If we were to pick up any more players (which we obviously can't afford, we had to get rid of boykins to save a couple bucks with massive contracts like kmart/nene/anthony/iverson), we'd need somebody to lead defensively. Camby can't do it on his own, and the rest of our team doesn't even know what defense is (aside from Eddie Najera maybe).

I dont think defense ISNT at the top of your list these days. And yes Webber isnt a good fit, but who's gonna post up in the playoffs? Camby & Anthony? Acorrding to 67, Webb doesnt do that anymore. But your gonna need an "inthepaint" player if you plan on advancing past the first round. Even the Suns have Stoudamire/Thomas.

That's very true and I've been contemplating this lately. however, I am willing to be that if Kroenke and his staff put in the work, they can find a BETTER "paint" player with a much lighter price tag who plays more D. A guy like Webber is gonna be hit or miss. He's old and hasn't played very well for some time. Dropping a few mill a year on a dude you aren't sure about is not something that the Nuggets can afford right now. I would like to see somebody with a few years of experience, yes, but C-Webb's a little further along in his career than I think would benefit the Nuggets.

• Remeber how C-webbs jumpers and most of all free-throws were ripping the net

I'm not all hate. Webber had a beautiful game. Some of the stat lines he used to throw up as a Warrior/Wizard were bananas. He had quadruple double type game. Too bad knee injuries seem to have cut short some of the prime of his career. Really too bad the Queens choked away that Game 7 lo these many years ago.

• Remeber how C-webbs jumpers and most of all free-throws were ripping the net

not anymore. he has sucked majorily as a sixer and as awful as they have been over the past few years, the fans still boo'd C-webb more than anyone. he runs like an old man and misses more layups than he makes. decent passer, pretty shitty jump shot.

i watched Denver lose to San Antonio last night (the 4th quarter). its strange that they dropped Boykins, i like his game, but him and AI in the same lineup creates defensive matchup trouble. without melo, its kinda like watching AI play for the sixers. everyone else sucks. when they get him and kmart back i'll think about getting the nba league pass.

• re: tnt interview

c-webb thinks he can hack it as a center, this dude is delusional. There's no team he could start for right now that can realistically win a ring.

• That's very true and I've been contemplating this lately. however, I am willing to be that if Kroenke and his staff put in the work, they can find a BETTER "paint" player with a much lighter price tag who plays more D. A guy like Webber is gonna be hit or miss. He's old and hasn't played very well for some time. Dropping a few mill a year on a dude you aren't sure about is not something that the Nuggets can afford right now. I would like to see somebody with a few years of experience, yes, but C-Webb's a little further along in his career than I think would benefit the Nuggets.

why even bring the nuggets up about this? martin (remember him?), camby, nene, evans, and najera are $40-45 million worth of frontcourt players. rich though stan kroenke may be, they're not going to keep throwing money down that well.

although i have no idea how warkentein and chapman can resist the temptation of reviving the glory days of the iverson/webber tag team.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    PHX DESTROYING LEBRON IN THE WEST

SORRY LEBRONS, GO BACK EAST

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    PHX DESTROYING LEBRON

SORRY LEBRONS, GO HOME

67-41 at the half.

can someone make a gif of the charles barkley 'peanut butter jelly time' dance that c webb requested during the bulls and nets pregame? i cant even find a clip online.

• sconesscones 434 Posts

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    this is great too..

to steve nash: you dont even speak english ,you're canadian.. LOLOL

you are the fucking man! muchas gracias.

LEANDRO BARBOSA OWNZ YOU, LEBRON

SUNZ

OWNZ

YOU

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    steve nash second 20 assit game

• That's very true and I've been contemplating this lately. however, I am willing to be that if Kroenke and his staff put in the work, they can find a BETTER "paint" player with a much lighter price tag who plays more D. A guy like Webber is gonna be hit or miss. He's old and hasn't played very well for some time. Dropping a few mill a year on a dude you aren't sure about is not something that the Nuggets can afford right now. I would like to see somebody with a few years of experience, yes, but C-Webb's a little further along in his career than I think would benefit the Nuggets.

why even bring the nuggets up about this? martin (remember him?), camby, nene, evans, and najera are $40-45 million worth of frontcourt players. rich though stan kroenke may be, they're not going to keep throwing money down that well.

right, that's exactly what I said before, i was just responding to one of Batmon's comments. regardless of front court/back court, nene/anthony/martin/iverson have to be 4 of the top 30 or so highest salaries in the league, on one team. no way could they afford somebody like webber, that's why they dropped earl boykins yesterday. you should see ticket prices here. they've nearly doubled since last season for some seats.

• i watched Denver lose to San Antonio last night (the 4th quarter). its strange that they dropped Boykins, i like his game, but him and AI in the same lineup creates defensive matchup trouble. without melo, its kinda like watching AI play for the sixers. everyone else sucks. when they get him and kmart back i'll think about getting the nba league pass.

well, no, it's not that everybody else sucks. J.R. Smith is an incredible young player. Najera is a steady hustler who doesn't put up a lot of numbers but he makes defensive plays on the ball and can hustle in the paint on offense. Evans is a rebound machine. Camby, 4th overall in the league in blocks, averages a double double in points and rebounds. Lead the league in blocks last year. A healthy Nene and a healthy Martin, forget about it. It's not like we're sitting on a rag-tag bunch here, it's just that the team is built around carmelo anthony, he sits, we got a bunch of injuries, they get this other completely different superstar scorer all of a sudden leading their team, and it's just like playing with a brand new group of guys that never played together.

That loss against the Spurs was some bullshit. I don't usually complain about refs, but they called maybe 3 or 4 of about 10-15 fouls in the second half on the spurs, but Denver got called for plenty of fouls. The difference in the game could have been all of those free throws we didn't get a chance to shoot. We stuck with them the entire game up until the second half of the 4th.

I just read that Hodge also left with Boykins for some cracker named Blake who I've never heard of before... Who the fuck is Blake?

• I just read that Hodge also left with Boykins for some cracker named Blake who I've never heard of before... Who the fuck is Blake?

Backup PG who played for the Terps when they won the title a few years back. Role player.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I just read that Hodge also left with Boykins for some cracker named Blake who I've never heard of before... Who the fuck is Blake?

Backup PG who played for the Terps when they won the title a few years back. Role player.

Ill always remember when he got poked in the eye...in the NCAA quarters or semis

shot a three and called timeout

I loved earl boykins but blake will develop solidly down the road for you guys when AI retires