lp cover art of where you wish you were (RR)

crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
every time i see this record i wish i was there

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    West Bank, New Orleans circa 1972...

My parents moved a 6-month old me with them in early 1972 from Tampa, Florida to an apartment in Algiers on the West Bank of New Orleans. The photo of Pete Fountain was taken from the same stretch of levee that I used to roll down as a kid. The office building that my dad's company, Lykes Steamships, was based out of can clearly be seen as one of the few high-rise buildings there across the river. Notice that there is no Superdome in the background.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    In a glass cage of emotion...

• Not necessarily there with Michael... Just at the beach... in the ocean... yeah.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    [quote
    What's your opinion on this Bohannon? More specifically, is the B-side slow, shuffly and eerie like some of his other albums (i.e. Too Hot To Hold)?

tjames

• you can check your local AA shop and catch some of that...serious

• [quote

What's your opinion on this Bohannon? More specifically, is the B-side slow, shuffly and eerie like some of his other albums (i.e. Too Hot To Hold)?

tjames
    i like the lp for "me and the gang" and "let's start the dance"...even though i have the 12"s of both. what other tracks do you like?

• Not necessarily there with Michael... Just at the beach... in the ocean... yeah.

dude you don't accidentally post the fucking SLINGSHOT album cover for lack of better beach scene covers.

it's OK, soulstrut is as good a place as any to come out of the closet.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

You forgot to post the back of the cover

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    On a plane...

• many different locals I would be cool with..Brazil, India, Gal's crotch...

nice. i'll see ya...

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    [quote

tjames

i like the lp for "me and the gang" and "let's start the dance"...even though i have the 12"s of both. what other tracks do you like?

Sorry for the delayed response. On "Too Hot To Hold" I think the entire B-side is unique - especially "The Time is now", when that female vocal comes in it's game-over; also, the beginning of "Andrea" is bananas. The only other Bohannon LP's I have are "Stop & Go" (nothing needs to be said) and Bohannon S/T (Dakar 76917) which I think is weak, maybe "The Bohannon Walk" and probably only because it reminds me of "Foot Stompin Music".

tjames

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

or