Xzibit ...

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Just came through 33third Los Angeles... never met him before, cool cat... Much more humble than I expected. He dropped off his new album... Its ok.thats all... carry on.

Comments

• Dude's verses on the Liks albums were always laughable. And his solo work has not been much better. Basically he just has a sorta cool voice and that's it.

BUT in interviews, etc. that I've seen he's always come across as a pretty dude dude. And I think he's funny on Pimp My Ride.

Dude's music gets a thumbs down. But his person and occassional movie cameos get a thumbs up.

• his verse on the Watcher is cool, and on Devin's Just Tryin' Ta Live album............... and yeah, he's funny on Pimp My Ride. He says some pretty cold shit to some of those folks and they don't even notice. I would guess he'd be a pretty cool guy, but you never really know with those rapper types... I should be meeting Chino XL sometime next month. I wonder what he'll be like..? anybody met him?

• X is good peoples. what label is dude on right now anyway?

and yeah... i agree, dude's music is pretty

more movies would be a good look for him IMO.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    he's indie now... Koch and his own imprint... hence the record store visits. I did like his first album though, can't front on it. After that though...

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Ya can't front on "Bitch please" or the video for What U See Is What U Get !!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Dude's verses on the Liks albums were always laughable. And his solo work has not been much better. Basically he just has a sorta cool voice and that's it.

BUT in interviews, etc. that I've seen he's always come across as a pretty dude dude. And I think he's funny on Pimp My Ride.

Dude's music gets a thumbs down. But his person and occassional movie cameos get a thumbs up.
    Does this means that he should crossover from rapping to acting?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    his verse on the Watcher is cool, and on Devin's Just Tryin' Ta Live album............... and yeah, he's funny on Pimp My Ride. He says some pretty cold shit to some of those folks and they don't even notice. I would guess he'd be a pretty cool guy, but you never really know with those rapper types... I should be meeting Chino XL sometime next month. I wonder what he'll be like..? anybody met him?

ask chino how his burgeoning acting career is going, dude was in Alex & Emma (dont ask me why i know )

as for x to the z, yeah dude seems real chill on pimp my ride. at times i wonder why he bothers with music considering he prolly makes some bank with right guard commercials, mtv and his acting career.

• I heard that Xzibit knows DJ Daze.

• Question. Did he buy anything and if so did it take twenty minutes to ring him up? The skreets iz wunderin!!!

• At the Speed of Life is enjoyable. Not meltface but has it's moments. Haven't checked for later albums but I always enjoy his sh*t. I'll listen to the new one and give my 2c.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    What U See Is What U Get
    Paparazzi
    Los Angeles Times

I'm not gonna ride on a Soulstrut hattathon for him since he hasn't made good tunes of late, but he has some tracks.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    he has some tracks.

and he's a pretty good live performer

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    xzibit was one of the nicest music cats i met in the music industry. humble and down to earth. someone who you could just kick it with. kinda like a homie. anyway... that was my impression of him the few times i hung out in a group with him.

chino was a nice guy as well. ask him if he ever finished reading and writing down the definitions in the dictionary... or maybe thats just an old story. when i saw him a lot in the mid 90s he was only on letter C but dude could break down a lot of words from A-C.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Question. Did he buy anything and if so did it take twenty minutes to ring him up? The skreets iz wunderin!!!

ha, good help is hard to find.

• when i saw him a lot in the mid 90s he was only on letter C but dude could break down a lot of words from A-C.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Paparazzi

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Get your walk on.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

He is one of the cat I'd like to work with!!!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    At the Speed of Life is enjoyable. Not meltface but has it's moments.

Yeah I was listening to this again the other day and it's a solid album. Not a classic by any means but an enjoyable listen from start to finish.

• The first two albums are very solid, don't front. He had a real good ear for production back then.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    when i saw him a lot in the mid 90s he was only on letter C but dude could break down a lot of words from A-C.

• I thouht the first two albums were really good. He feel the fuck off after though.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    The first two albums are very solid, don't front. He had a real good ear for production back then.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Paparazzi

I remember he told in an interview how everybody around him laughed at that track at first for it being hella corny and then it went to number one in germany

• Paparazzi

I remember he told in an interview how everybody around him laughed at that track at first for it being hella corny and then it went to number one in germany

which proves what everyone was saying (including me) - that it's hella corny.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    haha rootlesscosmo actually on point.

still I think the dude's had some recent tracks worth checking too, and his new album has some better buzz than his last two. I really liked the "Criminal Set" single off his last one though.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    The first two albums are very solid, don't front.