the Harvey Canal/Archaic backstory?

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I don't read rap or politics threads, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance on this subject. Can someone please to explain this phenomenon in terms I can understand? think of it as the readers digest large print version...Plaese to humor me - I'm up early, bored, you guys ruined the only good post here today with your tough guy hip hop posturing, and moreover, I was once an imporant person around here god damnit.

Comments

• I don't read rap or politics threads, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance on this subject. Can someone please to explain this phenomenon in terms I can understand? think of it as the readers digest large print version...

Plaese to humor me - I'm up early, bored, you guys ruined the only good post here today with your tough guy hip hop posturing, and moreover, I was once an imporant person around here god damnit.

I have three words for you....

LIZARDS LIZARDS LIZARDS[/b]

and

I was once an imporant person around here god damnit.
    Did you pay to post here???

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'm still reeling from the appearance of gurney on special friends club...

in a hiphop tough guy thread no less.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Did you pay to post here???

I STILL DO MUTHERFUCKERS!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    He's one of those weird "conspiracy theory" types. The kind that call in to art bell and beleive everything they hear, as long as its not true, or even really possible.

At the same time, from what I gather he's lived in texas for a few years now, so now he is the authority on all things texas hip hop.

Then I heard back in the day he changed his name to Rasheid and thought he was african or some shit.

In 5 years when Alaskan Rap is whats big, I garuantee his goofy ass will be living in Alaska, talking like he's been there his whole life, with a tattoo that says "real totems neva die" or some bullshit like that.

Basically he's the biggest poser to ever walk the earth. And of course, it is worth mentioning that he think I'm a racist, because lizard people are technically considered a race. I think.

• I was once an imporant person around here god damnit.
    when was this again?

He's one of those weird "conspiracy theory" types. The kind that call in to art bell and beleive everything they hear, as long as its not true, or even really possible.

At the same time, from what I gather he's lived in texas for a few years now, so now he is the authority on all things texas hip hop.

Then I heard back in the day he changed his name to Rasheid and thought he was african or some shit.

In 5 years when Alaskan Rap is whats big, I garuantee his goofy ass will be living in Alaska, talking like he's been there his whole life, with a tattoo that says "real totems neva die" or some bullshit like that.

Basically he's the biggest poser to ever walk the earth. And of course, it is worth mentioning that he think I'm a racist, because lizard people are technically considered a race. I think.

oh shit. possible gameover.

I was once an imporant person around here god damnit.
    when was this again?

real time: approx one year ago

SS time: 12 eras ago

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm still reeling from the appearance of gurney on special friends club...

in a hiphop tough guy thread no less.

That IS odd.....what name does he use here??

• Which dudes on here are perceived as tough?

Which dudes on here are percieved as tough?

that scary g-rap dude who looks like ernest borg9

sometimes black people are born trapped in white bodies, to white families.

it's kind of like being transgendered or something I guess.

sometimes black people are born trapped in white bodies, to white families.

it's kind of like being transgendered or something I guess.

my god - I just hope they don't find us here!!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    oh yeah... now wheres that popcorn graemlin at when you need it?

can i get a :5pager: ????

---

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    oh yeah... now wheres that popcorn graemlin at when you need it?

can i get a :5pager: ????

• the hating in this thread is a bit uncalled for. I, like crink, don't read those political or rap threads, but disagreeing with the dude is one thing and the poser and racial talk is another.

Dude is a nice guy and a family man in real life.

maybe bored and too often baits people, but decent folk none the less.

• the hating in this thread is a bit uncalled for. I, like crink, don't read those political or rap threads, but disagreeing with the dude is one thing and the poser and racial talk is another.

"LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M A FAMILY MAN, IF YOU PUSH ME TOO FAR I JUST MIGHT"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the hating in this thread is a bit uncalled for. I, like crink, don't read those political or rap threads, but disagreeing with the dude is one thing and the poser and racial talk is another.

Uh... maybe he's completely normal in real life, but on soulstrut he sounds like a certified lunatic, and soulstrut is the only way I know him.

Uh... maybe he's completely normal in real life, but on soulstrut he sounds like a certified lunatic, and soulstrut is the only way I know him.[/b]

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Nice guy, decent music journalist.

Way back in the day, when we didn't have so many internets, he had a web site where (best I can recall) he reviewed records with break beats. Back then Motherload was a big deal. He had one of the hippest break beat sites.

I met him in Eugene once. I think he lives up to his rep as a college town kind of guy.

He has run into a lot of problems on soulstrut. It's like this; he believes in conspiracy theroies. The problem with CTs is they don't care about reality. If you prove one part of theroy false, it doesn't matter, they have an alternate theroy. The other problem is it involves a lot of people doing the kinds of things people don't normally do. Like develop elaborate plots to do things they could just go ahead and do anyway. And keeping secrets, lots of people keeping secrets and covering their tracks.

But that is not the real problem. The real problem is all conspiracy theroies are based on the idea that Jewish Kabbals run the world. He got all foaming at the mouth one time, started dominating the forum, and Raj decided to ban him. He came back with the classic, I PAY TO POST HERE!

I only had one beef with him, since I can't be bothered to argue with conspericy theroist. I was pointing out that the first true funk record, that had the complete funk blueprint, was Cold Sweat. He said it was Prof Longhair's Big Chief. That was one of the most heated fights I've been in on SS.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i love how you muthafuckaz take everything he says seriously when it's so obvious dude puts on a show for a lot of stuff he says

• I believe that led to the famed "New Orleans Street Test".

But yeah I gotta say this is a real bad look for some of you. of course you only know him through soulstrut - you only know most people through soulstrut.

Archaic is overall a good dude who just says some outlandish schitt.

• the first true funk record, that had the complete funk blueprint, was Cold Sweat. He said it was Prof Longhair's Big Chief.

cold sweat all the way, no doubt about it. prof longhair can lay claim to influencing funk, but not in laying down the blueprint.

He came back with the classic, I PAY TO POST HERE!

ooh ooh this was his? I'm a fan of his work then.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    In 5 years when Alaskan Rap is whats big

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    But yeah I gotta say this is a real bad look for some of you.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    He needs the new shock therapy.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

But yeah I gotta say this is a real bad look for some of you. of course you only know him through soulstrut - you only know most people through soulstrut.

Archaic is overall a good dude who just says some outlandish schitt.

He is one of the best posters on this board.

He's generally well-meaning, sticks to his principles and is intensely knowledgable about certain types of music. That's substantially more than can be said for a number of the better known SoulStrut personalities.

Not that I don't think he's completely insane.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    He challeneged me to a fishfight in Austin last week.

I thought that was pretty next level.

I'm not even sure what I said to him to get him that asshurt but I took it as a compliment.

I do think the guy is batshit bonkers but he is also a great source of interactive entertainment during my work day.

I'm imagining if we ever meet up we'll form some sort of strange alien compound being like Station from Bill & Ted.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    fishfight